Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Clone Wars, The Exploit... Continuation

Play Stats
    173h last 30d
    I copied to the table because I wanted to ersort it by the number of items on active accounts (tells an interesting story when you do that!) and in doing so I noticed that the original column totals aren't adding up:

TOTALS ITEMS 57,898 Banned Accounts:51,773 Active Accounts: 6,125

(442 rows)
    In-game Names & Drop-off Location:
    Nehow (Chef) & Wohen (???)
    Fat Pharple Foods (Naboo: 5855, 5856) ~NIKA~ *New Location*

Retired SWGEmu CSR
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    The list has to be semi wrong,

This was posted on another thread.

There are 2x garages there, veplo also has one marked. List only has one listed?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by oMek View Post
    The list has to be semi wrong,

This was posted on another thread.

There are 2x garages there, veplo also has one marked. List only has one listed?
    One garage is deeded and one is deployed in your pic. Veplo's was deeded. The master list has two Corellia garage deeds...
    Deed for: Corellia Garage 2 0 2
    Deed for: Naboo Garage 2 1 1
    Deed for: Tatooine Garage 2 1 1
    Garage 1 0 1

Won't be playing Finalizer and inactive until 1.0.

Retired SWGEmu CSR
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by kenobuOwan View Post
    One garage is deeded and one is deployed in your pic. Veplo's was deeded. The master list has two Corellia garage deeds...
    Deed for: Corellia Garage 2 0 2
    Deed for: Naboo Garage 2 1 1
    Deed for: Tatooine Garage 2 1 1
    Garage 1 0 1
    Thanks, was a huge list guess I missed some lol.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by WohenForgotHisPassword View Post
    I copied to the table because I wanted to ersort it by the number of items on active accounts (tells an interesting story when you do that!) and in doing so I noticed that the original column totals aren't adding up:

TOTALS ITEMS 57,898 Banned Accounts:51,773 Active Accounts: 6,125

(442 rows)
    I can't find where someone said it, but I thought I read that the totals are off because some of the items were already deleted in game or something. I'm not sure.

/way -200 -5678 The Mall
    Current Stock

Play Stats
    245h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    In the list below you can see all the duped items. What is on the banned accounts and what is on accounts that have not been banned. People has also been deleting items, therefor you will see some discrepancy between banned and active accounts.
    original post from Lolindir...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    If you worry about your non duped ADK on a duped item, just delete the item before we do. You will get your clean ADK back.

It should not matter. When we delete duped items, the non duped ADKs should be left, but you never know. There are so many variables, so its hard to say 100% that we will not have issues. Better safe than sorry, just delete the item yourself.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    After doing some investigation, it appears the tool might be flagging some things incorrectly in the following pattern:
    A number of items are made from the same stack of looted or crafted components. *One* of those items (all items now having different object IDs) gets duped. The components the duped item was made with are now treated as illegitimate, and all the "sister items" made from the same stack of components get flagged.
    Vendor: -3027, -4562 (Gorath, Tatooine)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hello

It's a scandal, I am an honest player since 2011 I will find myself without any adk and my weapons will surely be deleted too,
    Can you look at my case please.

All my fortune is made thanks to a single sale made with SIRE,

Thank you

Drop off 2003 4187 on mos entha vendor CA and AA by llelut

Play Stats
    Inactive
    With the exception of one item (Nice T21), my items marked as dupes are very odd. Artisan components, leather gloves, padded belt, and PSGs. The Imperial PSGs (and their components) were made by me, but I did buy a lot of resources. Ugh! None of my ADKs are flagged, though.

All in all, I'm glad the items are being removed. As much as it hurts to lose things, the integrity of the game needs to be maintained.

Thanks to Lordkator and all others involved in finding this issue, identifying the items, and deciding the outcome - it couldn't have been fun, or easy. The level of transparency is particularly appreciated!
    Last edited by trasixes; 08-02-2020 at 09:15 AM.
    Dropoff Vendor: Right next to SCM outside Coronet /way 587 -5372

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by esmiswg View Post
    After doing some investigation, it appears the tool might be flagging some things incorrectly in the following pattern:
    A number of items are made from the same stack of looted or crafted components. *One* of those items (all items now having different object IDs) gets duped. The components the duped item was made with are now treated as illegitimate, and all the "sister items" made from the same stack of components get flagged.
    I agree...

There are false positives and the originals are getting flagged as well...

For example you loot a nice Krayt stack, your able to craft like 4 nice weapons out that stack... so weapon A, B, C and D are original weapons and have different serials. You trade or sell one of the weapons like weapon A. Weapon A gets into the hands of the dupers they dupe it into weapon A²...

Normally weapon A² should be considered as a dupe and be deleted. I think all special components used in weapon A2 get flagged as being duped and weapon A² but also the original A and sister items B, C and D who got not duped are being considered duped now.
    Drop off at 3521 -5596 Tatooine (South Eisley mall vendor Hot Drops)

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'm sorry but it is IMPOSSIBLE to know what is valid in a batch of items if one was duped.

These people would borrow weapons and dupe them and often give back the dupe!

They would dupe items they were crafting with even after having sold other items they crafted with those resources.

It's not a false positive, it's reality.

Oh and quite a sad example of greed at its worst.
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkator View Post
    I'm sorry but it is IMPOSSIBLE to know what is valid in a batch of items if one was duped.

These people would borrow weapons and dupe them and often give back the dupe!

They would dupe items they were crafting with even after having sold other items they crafted with those resources.

It's not a false positive, it's reality.

Oh and quite a sad example of greed at its worst.
    We're talking about the *components* the duped items were made with. Components that were legit but because of *one* final product being duped, all other products made from those components ending up being flagged. Again we seem to be observing the behavior that it doesn't just flag the original item as duped too, I'm aware it may be difficult to distinguish that. The issue is about *sister items* from the same batch of legit components being flagged only because one of them was duped at some point down the road. These items should be easily distinguishable because they share nothing with the dupe other than *legit* components.

Could you please check if that is happening, or whether we're misinterpreting the reason why some items are being flagged? For example this rifle. Neither it nor any of its components have ever left my hands, the only reasons I can imagine it being flagged is that crafted components from the same batch ended up in other rifles that got duped, or of course that one resource from one of the crafted components is affected, which is always difficult to figure out.
    Vendor: -3027, -4562 (Gorath, Tatooine)

Play Stats
    202h last 30d
    Please consider a server wipe at this time. A server wipe with end-stage beta would be apropriate prior to launce of 1.0, and this is certainly a reasonable way to address the duped items as well as treat everyone fairly.

Also, please consider a sub-lifetime ban on the participants. A harsh ban, yes. But we do not really have a gigantic population. Permanently culling dozens or hundreds of players may not be the best approach long term.

Just my thoughts as someone who did not participate in RMT or duping.

The quality of mercy is not strained.
    It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
    Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest:
    It blesseth him that gives and him that takes.
    neutrineaux

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by neutrineaux View Post
    Please consider a server wipe at this time. A server wipe with end-stage beta would be apropriate prior to launce of 1.0, and this is certainly a reasonable way to address the duped items as well as treat everyone fairly.

Also, please consider a sub-lifetime ban on the participants. A harsh ban, yes. But we do not really have a gigantic population. Permanently culling dozens or hundreds of players may not be the best approach long term.

Just my thoughts as someone who did not participate in RMT or duping.
    We have 5,000 active players a month, we're not worried about 40 people who aren't good for the community anyway.

I of all people desire a wipe but we're not ready yet, these situations actually help us improve our tools, the scale of Basilisk's dumpster fire is very useful for tools to put out fires in our 1.0 server.
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Closed Thread

Thread Information