Closed Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Clone Wars, The Exploit

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    If you can safely remove ADKs, It might be in the best interest of the server to just remove them all together. Especially with the changes to decay rate that would need testing

They're nothing but trouble.
    Last edited by dedaskalion; 07-13-2020 at 11:08 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by dedaskalion View Post
    If you can safely remove ADKs, It might be in the best interest of the server to just remove them all together. Especially with the changes to decay rate that would need testing

They're nothing but trouble.
    They're the one thing above all else that I wish that SOE had never implemented!

Great news on this work though, well done team.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I agree with a wipe of the server, let's all start fresh ha

Also serving you from The Nika Marketplace outside of Kaadara, Naboo - /way 6148 6283

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by oMek View Post
    Honestly, at this point just wipe the server. Save yourself's the work of finding/deleting all the items. if 1.0 is 1-2 years away then a wipe will not be a big deal. All the old players will be use to it.
    Oh I already have the list of items, just need to delete and send emails.. I’ve been testing the code and should be able to kick it off soon(tm)
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    While Im glad to see the crackdown, I bet more than a few people will rage quit when you delete things that they worked hard to save up for.

Personally if I only lose 1 adk I will chalk it up to the test server, but if I get slammed, I know Im out untill 1.0.

The fair players really get the dirty end of the stick on this one.

Just wipe the server.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by oMek View Post
    Honestly, at this point just wipe the server. Save yourself's the work of finding/deleting all the items. if 1.0 is 1-2 years away then a wipe will not be a big deal. All the old players will be use to it.

Why wipe the server? This is actually a good way to test our tools and how to deal with such things in the future.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    Why wipe the server? This is actually a good way to test our tools and how to deal with such things in the future.
    Because its tainted beyond legitimacy.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by RecksRacer View Post
    Because its tainted beyond legitimacy.
    He ain't wrong 

Fix looted weapon accuracy mods first so no more Jedi stone knife dot crap 🤮

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Gotta love some of you guys. Barely play, do nothing but talk bad about the game and server but yet always seem to be rdy for forums PVP.

Thank you for this giant step twords not only cleaning up basilisk some, but also getting counter measures rdy for 1.0.

Play Stats
    2h last 30d
    This scenario is exactly why Basilisk is the way it is. It is sooooo useful for testing new admin tools.
    I love the "economy" is out of whack to see how bad it can get.
    If people hate the current status of the server so much, we know we don't want to be there again and can use Basilisk as evidence and justification for changes to be made post 1.0
    The dev team has been using Basilisk to break SWG so we know its weaknesses and can help shore them up for the future.
    If you actually care about SWG, you'd recognize that wiping now is just a bad idea. So much is lost with a wipe, and I am not talking about character progression or items.
    Argus | OldShavey

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Miztah View Post
    I'll be looking into this. If the system doesn't handle banned characters properly I'll update it so it removes them.
    Cheers, Lets up date it so that all those with XP needing to be removed bc on failure to log it go poof too
    [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/xo2Nq9D.gif[/img][/center]

Quality Assurance
    Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by teradek View Post
    Cheers, Lets up date it so that all those with XP needing to be removed bc on failure to log it go poof too
    That was SOEs decision. See server ideas forum.
    Fastburn
    Quality Assurance

Fastburn@SWGEmu.com | Code Commits
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    245h last 30d
    "Because its tainted beyond legitimacy."

its a test/development server.... how do you define "legitimacy" for a test server?

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremai View Post

its a test/development server.... how do you define "legitimacy" for a test server?
    there are a lot of items that have been added to the game that shouldn't have ever been originally. It's mostly looted stuff, jabba scopes is a big one.

Back in the first few weeks of pub 7 the exceptional/legendary drop rates were so highly accelerated that exceptionals were more common than most dot weapon rolls from high CL mobs.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremai View Post

It’s a “test server” that’s served as its closest-to-a-live-version-were-going to get for how many years now?

Retail MMO’s have lived and died in the time this “test server” has been up. The “1.0 soon!” Mantra has been chased for a decade.

Stop drinking the kool aid. This “test server” is as close as we’re going to get.

Also, how you are expected to “test” anything, when you fix some broke things, but allow significant amounts of other things to remain broke?

A wipe has made sense for years, but out of stubbornness and misguided pride, it won’t happen. Even after 60,000 items are just confirmed as exploited. Bas had what.... 1,500 active players at its best? That’s 40 busted items per player if you look at it just at face value. And again, this has been going on for years.

Oh, but ask my why I’m cynical and don’t play anymore....

Wake up
    OG af

The real <StK> Founder

legendary

Closed Thread

Thread Information