Closed Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Clone Wars, The Exploit

Play Stats
    Inactive
    So many opinions and assumptions in this thread from people who don't remotely have a clue what they're talking about.

I completely respect the devs of this project and the need to keep players within the ToS. I also really hope there is more transparency about this investigation and an opportunity for the accused to have recourse. I've played with some of these folks for years and years and if they were guilty of any of these charges I have never, ever seen any evidence or hint of it. Even if one or more people in LIVE are guilty, and I'm not saying that isn't possible, it would not be a reason to condemn the entire guild.

Over the years guild leadership including myself have always tried to build and maintain a membership of broad interests and services who enjoy helping the community at large. Have we succeeded in every single case? No. This is a digital universe. It's impossible to avoid having a problematic guild member now and then. Every guild of any size has dealt with this issue and some of you throwing stones in this thread are prime examples of this phenomenon in your own guilds. But we have tried and have removed members in the past for their behavior.

Do we have some aggressive personalities? Sure. That's part of the diversity that makes this environment fun. But at the end of the day most LIVE members are crafters and merchants who do some PVE on the side to try to loot some things to earn credits. This is why we run the LIVE mall. I myself built up my credits by running a large resource business for years. I certainly didn't dupe or cheat and I wouldn't even begin to know how or have the motivation to do so. Anyone suggesting that the city was paid for with nefarious credits needs to calm down. I crafted that city hall and placed it myself.

We have done a lot to help people. We assist 99% of people through the knight trials at Acklay. If you're one of the 1% who wasn't allowed then be rest assured there was a very good reason. We have been there for the loot - not to prevent access for those who need it for knight trials. We have only been contesting Acklay for a couple of years now. Before that it was camped by others. Before accusing us of trying to control the whole game some of you need to take a look in the mirror. For example let's talk about the light side FRS and demoting and controlling it for the benefit of your friends.

I respect 99% of the players in this game and I respect and appreciate the devs and their difficult jobs. But I also find it very hard to believe that all of the accused are guilty in this case given my personal time and proximity of playing with them. So I hope there is a way for conversations to be had before judgments are confirmed.

IGN: Mulder-
    LIVE Mall at -210 -5640 Corellia

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Monoxxide View Post
    These people kept quiet about it because it made them hella cash dollar IRL. I am talking tens of thousands of dollars. Not for a single item, but a single item could easily go for hundreds if not thousands.
    I just can't stop laughing at this. Rofl
    People paying thousands for items that are about to go poof.
    Those people are gonna be complainnin....mmmmmhhhhmmm
    Hahaha

99% LIVE to cheat.
    Haha
    Last edited by Manigno; 07-14-2020 at 03:44 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Probably just needs to be closed at this point, but I'll just say...I hope the people found guilty (and not exonerated in some fashion) stay perma-banned, even in 1.0.

Stuff like this is above recourse, especially selling stuff in real life. No second chances in my book for stuff like that.
    Last edited by Soryn Jian-Wa; 07-14-2020 at 08:48 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    what are the going rate for a dxr? 2500USD american dollars i heard

Play Stats
    Inactive
    With all that's been said so far, will we be getting to see the evidence against those who have been named?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Maybe there was a flaw in the interpretation of the code and this was all just a big mistake.

Time for the accused to hire William Barr

Investigate the investigators!

#bangate

UPDATE: The real truth has been discovered! .. The Devs were jealous of their high end loot and created a conspiracy!
    Last edited by ForceFielding; 07-14-2020 at 05:26 PM.
    Drop Vendor: Coronet (443, -2952)
    IGN = Odrii / Gint

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Its all fun and games until someone loses an eye. This have been derailing for some time now. Lets get back on track, or I'll simply just lock the thread.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    4h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by dedaskalion View Post
    I remember when all of STORM was blanket banned.
    yes and before that my guild olds rivals DJO, founded in 1997 was blanket banned, and im sure it was for a good reason.

If the leader was cheating I have serious doubts that his staff was unaware of it, most times his staff are along for the ride and do it as well , but im not pointing fingers at anyone since the investigation is yet to be resolved , my 2 cents is dont ban the whole guild just disband the guild and tag

Guild leaders must keep there ranks clean as much as they can , I know its difficult , i been doing this job for more then 13 years, you need a CoC that every members needs to respect, trick is to have a good staff under you to get feedbacks on whats happening in the game and act accordingly.
    Last edited by Walking carpet; 07-14-2020 at 05:50 PM.
    https://www.swgemu.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic167844_1.gif
    - - - - - - - -= www.nrnr.org =- - - - - - - -

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Yeah, blanket banning doesn't really make sense. Those of us LIVE members who aren't involved in the guild vs guild drama tend to fly under the radar and don't get thought about. I've never had issues with SEM members or any other guild. I don't have any insane gear. I caught all my pets through time and effort. Why should I be banned?

Not everyone in LIVE is an uber rich top geared player. Also I'll say you're racist against wookiees.
    Last edited by ruskuval; 07-14-2020 at 05:47 PM.

Join us at TheZoo! https://discord.gg/mbBHQKvNx8

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I could be wrong, but I imagine the reason there was a blanket ban for STORM and not for LIVE is because LordKator's Eye of Sauron tells him exactly who was cheating and who benefitted. With STORM it could have been everyone, so blanket bans happened as there was no way to tell who exactly did what. With LIVE's case, the eye sees everything. Sorta like santa clause.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by stilgarfett View Post
    So many opinions and assumptions in this thread from people who don't remotely have a clue what they're talking about.

I completely respect the devs of this project and the need to keep players within the ToS. I also really hope there is more transparency about this investigation and an opportunity for the accused to have recourse. I've played with some of these folks for years and years and if they were guilty of any of these charges I have never, ever seen any evidence or hint of it. Even if one or more people in LIVE are guilty, and I'm not saying that isn't possible, it would not be a reason to condemn the entire guild.

Over the years guild leadership including myself have always tried to build and maintain a membership of broad interests and services who enjoy helping the community at large. Have we succeeded in every single case? No. This is a digital universe. It's impossible to avoid having a problematic guild member now and then. Every guild of any size has dealt with this issue and some of you throwing stones in this thread are prime examples of this phenomenon in your own guilds. But we have tried and have removed members in the past for their behavior.

Do we have some aggressive personalities? Sure. That's part of the diversity that makes this environment fun. But at the end of the day most LIVE members are crafters and merchants who do some PVE on the side to try to loot some things to earn credits. This is why we run the LIVE mall. I myself built up my credits by running a large resource business for years. I certainly didn't dupe or cheat and I wouldn't even begin to know how or have the motivation to do so. Anyone suggesting that the city was paid for with nefarious credits needs to calm down. I crafted that city hall and placed it myself.

We have done a lot to help people. We assist 99% of people through the knight trials at Acklay. If you're one of the 1% who wasn't allowed then be rest assured there was a very good reason. We have been there for the loot - not to prevent access for those who need it for knight trials. We have only been contesting Acklay for a couple of years now. Before that it was camped by others. Before accusing us of trying to control the whole game some of you need to take a look in the mirror. For example let's talk about the light side FRS and demoting and controlling it for the benefit of your friends.

I respect 99% of the players in this game and I respect and appreciate the devs and their difficult jobs. But I also find it very hard to believe that all of the accused are guilty in this case given my personal time and proximity of playing with them. So I hope there is a way for conversations to be had before judgments are confirmed.
    shut up mulder. you know we're all bad apples, eggs, and other such perishables.

it's easy to say all that up in your guildhall of ill-gotten gains!

i mean hell bruddder i got the fricking keys to the empire now. fissile can sort you out the biz yo. we got our korean hook up grinding dat in game cash for you right now baby.

GOING OUT OF BIZNIZ SALE yo!, everything must go, before it...er...goes.

im not sure whats worse. having had all this happen under my beautifully straight plucked to perfection nose or the circle jerk of people with issues with the guild all coming out the woodwork.

he without sin cast the first stone
    Last edited by Fissile; 07-14-2020 at 07:05 PM.

Play Stats
    497h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by ruskuval View Post
    Yeah, blanket banning doesn't really make sense. Those of us LIVE members who aren't involved in the guild vs guild drama tend to fly under the radar and don't get thought about. I've never had issues with SEM members or any other guild. I don't have any insane gear. I caught all my pets through time and effort. Why should I be banned?

Not everyone in LIVE is an uber rich top geared player. Also I'll say you're racist against wookiees.
    I hear ya! I'm in SEM and I keep to myself and stay our of the drama. I don't even have a guy down in the geo cave! I buy all my resources, loots, and run a successful business the honest way.

IGN Shyloe, and Cydonia. Drop-off vendor located @ /way 6188, 6206. NIKA Marketplace.

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by dedaskalion View Post
    I remember when all of STORM was blanket banned.
    To be clear I was not supportive of a blanket ban, the data did not support it and to ban everyone because they happen to be in a guild does not seem fair.

We want to let data be our guide and my goal is to unlock more data for the team to take action where it's needed.
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I was just meme'in

Play Stats
    Inactive
    this is better than any thread i have ever created......it's pure forum gold........im laughing as i type......thank you to anyone who duped stuff....you helped the devs find a hole in the system along with creating many players who will be upset for some time that they spent
    endless hours
    farming credits and running janta missions only to have their purchase disappear.

you dupers actually helped the future of swg. if not for your hard work and illegal activities this would not be possible.

Closed Thread

Thread Information