Closed Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Clone Wars, The Exploit

Play Stats
    607h last 30d
    I walked into a house in the Coronet area that has at least 30 ADKs on the floor. I assumed there was some kind of exploit. I did not see this person's name listed though, so maybe not. I'll be curious to see if they are still there in a few days.
    The Dust Shop - /way 491 -5452 - Just Outside of Coronet Starport

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Uhmfufu View Post
    I walked into a house in the Coronet area that has at least 30 ADKs on the floor. I assumed there was some kind of exploit. I did not see this person's name listed though, so maybe not. I'll be curious to see if they are still there in a few days.
    I bet LK would like to know about that... if he doesn't already!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Uhmfufu View Post
    Would be nice if you sent LK, Niffer or me a PM with a WP, and a name.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    [phead]Clone Wars, The Exploit[/LIST]

The primary perpetrators of this exploit were:
    Account characters
    hadescrafter Adelynn Airla CraftenWeps DWBCRAFTS Inconspicuous LOLSWORDSMAN MeatLumpKing Nekron Unidentified Weakling
    Regnor Chofe Mortis' Savoto Shiesti ValleyImp Valleyman Valleymando ValleyMango ValleyPower Valleyranger
    shubaz 'Mynion boneyard kyloren llll mynion mynionss Mynionsss omagawd pabsts Pencil
    studwalker Givenchy Highball Highroller IlIlIlIlI Nike PlayboiGucci Recognize Rng Wegit Yacht
    swgcrafts AnckSu BeamMeUp Conjugal Insignificance Noobsauce OverCap Raigne Taliyah Tulianna Ventruss
    terribleoneace Abdule Blacked Buffya BuffYou Failed FattAlbert Igotyourheals Sire ThaHunted TheCandy
    xstec Avacyn Balrog's Dashana Epstein Hardas Navri TheRealSlim
    I am also going to assume that none of these offenders where on TC Nova to help with the project?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    First at all --> GREAT JOB and dedication to the project to deal with such annoying business and miserable real life characters

Second pont --> Please dont think a second to close the servers -> that hurts all players still having legit fun even more -> who dont wanna play and dont have fun in the cureent state of the game, can take his personal time on leave at any time

Quote Originally Posted by starmax12 View Post
    Will the FRS jedi from the people who were banned be removed from the FRS system to open up spots for us other players?
    Would be great, but in the same move i vote to declare the fight club events also as exploiting the game and resulting in an unnatural ratio of frs jedi vs non frs jedi.
    And it also is unfair and hinders real pvp jedi who work really hard for that.
    Last edited by tigerchuck; 07-13-2020 at 04:54 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremai View Post
    "Because its tainted beyond legitimacy."

its a test/development server.... how do you define "legitimacy" for a test server?
    A reasonable level of equality especially for pvp, obviously some gear is better than others, but this is beyond acceptable.

If we are expected to test the game and there is a group with literally triple weapon damage and unlimited adks running thru end game content content like meatlumps what exactly is being tested?

The crying about the acklay seems more legit when you are expected to take it from a group with exploited weapons imo.

If nobody gives a crap about balance then why even bother to delete the items in question?
    Last edited by RecksRacer; 07-13-2020 at 05:11 PM.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerchuck View Post
    First at all --> GREAT JOB and dedication to the project to deal with such annoying business and miserable real life characters

Second pont --> Please dont think a second to close the servers -> that hurts all players still having legit fun even more -> who dont wanna play and dont have fun in the cureent state of the game, can take his personal time on leave at any time

Would be great, but in the same move i vote to declare the fight club events also as exploiting the game and resulting in an unnatural ratio of frs jedi vs non frs jedi.
    And it also is unfair and hinders real pvp jedi who work really hard for that.
    there are no ranked Jedi without FC though. The system is beyond broken to allow it. Split XP being the main reason.

You cannot acheive the higher ranks of which people who participate in FC hold naturally, but the lower ranks are still open. So you're welcome to attempt to naturally fill them 😉

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by RecksRacer View Post

If nobody gives a crap about balance then why even bother to delete the items in question?
    So they have the tools to do it post 1.0 if it is needed.
    Break the current server so it is easier to fix it later when there is no intentional wipe to eventually come.

This server doesn't just test the current settings but also tests tools used to manage a future server.

You use test servers to test out what you are going to do. You document thoroughly while testing and when the time comes, you can execute with knowledge that provides confidence in a desirable outcome.
    Last edited by Lolindir; 07-13-2020 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Dual post
    Argus | OldShavey

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackleware View Post
    So they have the tools to do it post 1.0 if it is needed.
    Break the current server so it is easier to fix it later when there is no intentional wipe to eventually come.
    You didnt really answer the question.

I didnt ask why they should have the ability, I asked why bother deleting anything when it only punishes the "rubes" who bought bogus gear.

They either care about balance or they dont, I would say they dont considering some of the pre nerf stuff floating around out there.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    The act of deleting the duped items tests the full use case of the tools.
    Armor + Spice by Wombo and dropoff: West Eisley Bazaar Mall (2200 -4753)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by RecksRacer View Post
    You didnt really answer the question.

I didnt ask why they should have the ability, I asked why bother deleting anything when it only punishes the "rubes" who bought bogus gear.

They either care about balance or they dont, I would say they dont considering some of the pre nerf stuff floating around out there.
    I agree I did not word my response to completely answer the question. Thanks to Tyrenio for helping me out there.
    Argus | OldShavey

Veteran
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Price of jawas, t21s and acklay hammers just went up.
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/jNsOu1T.png[/img]

Play Stats
    384h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Livy2K View Post
    Price of jawas, t21s and acklay hammers just went up.
    Or maybe not.. Depending on how many of the billionaires who were dropping 100s of millions on those items got banned?
    In-game Names & Drop-off Location:
    Nehow (Chef) & Wohen (???)
    Fat Pharple Foods (Naboo: 5855, 5856) ~NIKA~ *New Location*

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrenio View Post
    The act of deleting the duped items tests the full use case of the tools.
    They could easily test the tool on a cloned copy of the server. There is no reason to punish the player base.

They can do what they want, but alienating players that didnt cheat by punishing them because some other players did cheat is bad business.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Basilisk is a test server, period. We'll be glad everything was tested and vetted thoroughly come 1.0.
    Armor + Spice by Wombo and dropoff: West Eisley Bazaar Mall (2200 -4753)

Closed Thread

Thread Information