Closed Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22

Thread: Clone Wars, The Exploit

Play Stats
    Inactive
    At this point, why do you do this to yourself, Izzmea. Look again at the first page of this thread. What do you see?
    I simply don't get it. All you had to say is something along the lines of: We are as shocked as the rest of the community. We acknowledge this will erode some trust in our guildtag. Please give us time to figure things out and work towards regaining said trust.

All it would have taken.
    And not gonna lie. It is a 'LIVE' problem. Simply for the fact that a lot of people view it as such. And all you people did was deflect, be generally grumpy, try to muddy the water and that unfortunate exchange between Sugar and myself.
    I am well aware that a lot of people with your tag shouldn't be implicated at all to have had any part of this. And if I have to find myself in a position where I have a say in things, I will make sure this sentiment is at the forefront of my mind. But your tag as such, its no good anywhere anymore. A few bad apples spoil the barrel, as they say. What is 'LIVE' is now 'DEAD'. Hope you find a good home as you move on.
    Last edited by Hargath; 07-24-2020 at 03:58 PM. Reason: special characters messed things up

Play Stats
    Inactive
    the perpetrators of this crime were widely known before this,
    everyone knew of one particular man who has a significantly smaller bank account becuase of his swgemu RMTing. Dont pretend members of live didnt know either.
    suspect gear was widely distributed to members.

....and it is largely one guild...you cant deny that...

I can confirm no member of has participated in this illegal activity.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrenio View Post
    Got it, glad we're getting to this level of sophistication with catching duping... not glad that it was necessary.
    I said this on page 2, we're now on page 22. There's not much left to be said, only work on the staff's part.
    Armor + Spice by Wombo and dropoff: West Eisley Bazaar Mall (2200 -4753)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Have had to delete more posts. Stop this bickering.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by rfortiner View Post
    You do realize that out of the total amount of accounts they have stated were banned that the ones in LIVE make up less then a quarter of them right?
    We also have no idea how many of those members are LIVE, or how many are possibly a 2nd/3rd/4th account of those being named on the front page. However, when you stop to look at the original post. There is a reason that the people who got named are from the LIVE guild.

That is because they were the ones behind the entire mess of this. If they were willing to cheat to this extent then running multiple accounts is nothing to them. We also know that they are reading what is being said about them on the forums too.

Do many of you fail to realize that the actions of those who were named put this entire project at risk? Over a decade of work by so many giving their time for free to bring this game back to the community. This entire project was put at risk over their selfish greed.
    Last edited by Asifab19; 07-24-2020 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Added extra sentence

TRADE Mall Tat /way 2194 -4573 [B]
    Vendor FiveOfFirst - Mini Suits

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Yes, they were named because they were the primary perpetrators of the exploit. The guild itself was not mentioned. That's you guys.

I don't see anyone saying RMTing doesn't endanger the project? I'm not sure what your point is.

We're talking in circles now, this thread has run its course. We'll see what gets released to the community later.
    Armor + Spice by Wombo and dropoff: West Eisley Bazaar Mall (2200 -4753)

Veteran
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    So you would prefer we don't mention that the vast majority of people identified as perpetrators were core members of the same guild?

Forgive me for not understanding why the community ought to do these violators such a favor? They were almost all in the same in game player association. Why wouldn't we name it?

Not the communities fault there may be innocent parties in that guild who were betrayed by their own friends. Those evil people backstabbed the entire project and the community as a whole.

People are upset, people have been cheated. Theres no reason not to let them express their disappointment and outrage right here where the accused and their cronies can see it.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Last edited by Livy2K; 07-25-2020 at 12:35 AM.
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/jNsOu1T.png[/img]

Play Stats
    6h last 30d
    Been hesitant to make a post over this, the dust is still settling and i don't need to aggravate the wounds, and it's just more unneeded blather, but i feel led to say something. It has been a pensive experience all around for me, making it worse for any party is nothing i want to to strive for, when you're here this long you develop friendships on all sides if your capable.

I don't pretend to know why LIVE leadership was outed in such a prominent fasion, maybe it was the lesser of evils for the project.

It does strain some credibility that no one in LIVE had suspicions, but having been a GL myself on Bas
    I can understand, and I wouldn't know the whole story behind the scenes of this affair. You do not have control over your guild mates and know what they are doing, if you are not involved, I've seen many guild kicks after the fact.

Lessons learned, the thing I will take away from this, the persons who first hand duped for real life money are little more than gypsy grifter's. They will just move on to a new racket and community, they cared not enough for the rest of us, it was real life money.

As for in game, we have a way of policing ourselves and the community, I'm sure you have noticed, many may presume it's mostly petty vendetta's and probably is. But rest assured not all of it, the community watches and develops measures to immunize itself from the worst aspects and costliest elements. They also find players they can respect, and will follow and help them.
    And at the end of the day, might may not make right but it certainly makes what is. It's what you do with your good fortune that can have the most impact , good or bad.

We all make our mistakes and errors along the way, but do we become mindful of what we are doing.
    A shock to the system like this should be awake up call for everyone who still has an interest in the project and game we are so fond of.

Also giving thanks to staff for it's efforts, this iteration of galaxies has been enjoyable and progressed adroitly.
    And i hope the project will continue. I also want to thank my friends who have helped guide me along with examples of there own selflessness. You know who you are.

I expect most of my post will be unheeded by most of the community, we all have our own lense we view through.
    I rarely like to speak here anymore, for anyone who feels the need to respond to this post contact me or start a thread in the pit, let's spare the rest of the server our trifling opinions. And let the next shoe drop, this isn't over.
    Last edited by Questor Zarnac; 07-25-2020 at 01:56 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Nav? Say it ain't so

Not looking forward to seeing what goes missing. This sucks.
    Dropoff Vendor: Right next to SCM outside Coronet /way 587 -5372

Quality Assurance
    Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by trasixes View Post
    Nav? Say it ain't so

Not looking forward to seeing what goes missing. This sucks.
    That is not who you think it is.
    Fastburn
    Quality Assurance

Fastburn@SWGEmu.com | Code Commits
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Why is there two threads on this?

Should be only one, named Basilisk was killed in fire.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I think we are done here. Circles upon circles.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Closed Thread

Thread Information