Closed Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Clone Wars, The Exploit

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrenio View Post
    I'm in LIVE. Tell me, without the tools LK has and without being told about the hacks, how would I know whether they're duping? Because they're incredibly rich? How rich is too rich? Most of these guys have been active 5+ years longer than me, asking them for a play-by-play on how they amassed their fortunes isn't reasonable nor conclusive in determining for myself if they cheated. Idk what you expect people to do that weren't in the know.

First of all, many people have complained for years about some people that are connected to Live guild because they heavily multi accounted... to give you an example bakestick. Many people in your guild knew something was fishy going on with him and others. When people complained about him on forums, a bunch people of your guild defended him. Most of those who defended him are banned now.

Second of all, the number of overcap rifles they had in the acklay group. 1 or 2 where legit. But most were not! If you ever farmed krayts you just know how hard it can be to finally get a high end krayt stack for a rifle. It can take up to weeks or months of daily farming to get a 250+ krayt stack. And yellow, exceptional, legendary krayt stack only drops like once every 3 to 6 months, and many of those stacks aren't overcap on damage . I know people who had 7 to 8 bad slices to finally get a big rifle that isn't overcap. Slicing can really be depressing.
    Personally I have an overcap drx6, I know how hard it is to get overcap tissues, I know how hard it is to get a pre nerf jabba scope and to finally be lucky with the slice. But somehow half of the Live guild Acklay group managed to outdamage my rifle all the time. When some people in that acklaygroup start to lend overcap rifles out like candy you know something is wrong.

When Sire made his fake auctions on forums just to show of like 50 pre nerf jaba scopes in his inventory. Or to jack up prices by making a post he's looking for a certain item, and bought it by a PM double the price it went just a month prior, but a month later he tries to sell a simular item with lower stats at very high price. You know something is wrong!
    Last edited by Pitchcontrol; 07-23-2020 at 01:26 PM.
    Drop off at 3521 -5596 Tatooine (South Eisley mall vendor Hot Drops)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I am curious as to the plans of removing the DUPs so people who have been known to buy items can no longer farm items for the guilds they belong to. As Pitch said its hard to get a slice but when you see people randomly show up at Ackely or on Krayts doing over 10k damage you know something is fishy especially when the week before they barely hit 6k.
    [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/xo2Nq9D.gif[/img][/center]

Play Stats
    4h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitchcontrol View Post
    First of all, many people have complained for years about some people that are connected to Live guild because they heavily multi accounted... to give you an example bakestick. Many people in your guild knew something was fishy going on with him and others. When people complained about him on forums, a bunch people of your guild defended him. Most of those who defended him are banned now.

Second of all, the number of overcap rifles they had in the acklay group. 1 or 2 where legit. But most were not! If you ever farmed krayts you just know how hard it can be to finally get a high end krayt stack for a rifle. It can take up to weeks or months of daily farming to get a 250+ krayt stack. And yellow, exceptional, legendary krayt stack only drops like once every 3 to 6 months, and many of those stacks aren't overcap on damage . I know people who had 7 to 8 bad slices to finally get a big rifle that isn't overcap. Slicing can really be depressing.
    Personally I have an overcap drx6, I know how hard it is to get overcap tissues, I know how hard it is to get a pre nerf jabba scope and to finally be lucky with the slice. But somehow half of the Live guild Acklay group managed to outdamage my rifle all the time. When some people in that acklaygroup start to lend overcap rifles out like candy you know something is wrong.

When Sire made his fake auctions on forums just to show of like 50 pre nerf jaba scopes in his inventory. Or to jack up prices by making a post he's looking for a certain item, and bought it by a PM double the price it went just a month prior, but a month later he tries to sell a simular item with lower stats at very high price. You know something is wrong!
    you dont even remotely know what you are talking about can you stop its just a game friend

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by dsrules View Post
    you dont even remotely know what you are talking about can you stop its just a game friend
    Please enlighten us fren.
    I.

Vendor for dropoffs: Tatooine, ME /way 2268 -4756

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by dsrules View Post
    So you admit you knew everything and didn't reported it?

Play Stats
    245h last 30d
    I think one very important thing about if you may have a glance that something with some members of LIVE has been fishy is the cash and gear area in which your used to play and if you use the Forum or not.

Please take in to account that many of the people in game do not even know how high damage and expensive a weapon can be.

Many people, play in a cash balance area that is such far below from what other player do. Many do not know that there are Rifles, Weapons, Items that go around for 50mil, 100mil of even much more….. glad if they can get a 600 Maxdam DXR for 600k.

Many players do not even use the forum (especially for buying stuff) and simply play the game only using all ways of communication that are available in game.

The trade forum from my point of view, is mainly HQ and High Expensive area, what may limit the number of people that may get an idea what may be fishy and what not.
    Don’t misunderstand, I am not accusing all rich players that they could have known LIVE to cheat for sure not.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I see a lot of speculating, but not much else.

Quote Originally Posted by Farelli View Post
    Our CSRs see many reports of hacking, multi-accounting, and various other outside-the-game-PvP every day and most of them have no evidence. When we dig into them we find them to be explainable.

EoS gives us the ability to see the truth.

Many people think a guild the size of LIVE must be constantly communicating with every member, in cahoots and gaming the rest of the community. The evidence simply doesn't support that assertion.
    This is my point.
    Armor + Spice by Wombo and dropoff: West Eisley Bazaar Mall (2200 -4753)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sure. Farelli is certainly right. I think some of the previous posts are taking things a bit too far. Certainly not everyone under LIVE's tag knew, should have known or could have known. That is a given. On the other hand, no one can really blame people for pointing fingers in that guild's general direction.
    Simply for the fact that pretty much everyone of that list of 7 seems to have some direct tie into the guild structure and with the guild leader on that list, well, saying that special attention from the guild leadership was given to keeping members true to the ToS, it wouldn't get one far, would it?

So if you are in LIVE, have seen nothing and suspected nothing, cut people some slack here and remember that everyone has their panties slightly in a twist over the looming item deletion. Since this doesn't come with a full server reset where everyone starts at zero, it distorts the personal effort people have put into the game simply by choosing the wrong vendor at the wrong and will surely cause a good bunch to quit till 1.0.
    Some might slip the net cast by the Eye of LordKrator's, some might be cought unjustly. I certainly don't envy CSR for having to make sense of this mess. Niffer, LordKrator and Jaws, I want to buy you three some hot coco.

That being said, what I think LIVE is very much to blame for is this: These are your boys. Your guildleader, officers, senior members. Not some people you happened to have guilded 2 months ago and never interacted with in any meaningful way. Yet there is no post other the Mulder's adressing anything and helping the rest of us make sense of what is/was going on. I wasn't very fond of Mulder's post for various reasons, but that's beside the point here. So seeing Farelli and LordKrator step in to ask the good people of Basilisk to lay down their torches and pitchfork when it comes to your members, seems wrong. This should have been the job of whoever is going to pick up leadership. And it should have happened about a week ago.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Certainly, I'm expecting to lose stuff too. I'm pointing out the lack of attention to the nuances of this incident. Y'all are going to feel silly months from now when people are still here/have returned from temp bans, and your posts in this thread indicate your inability to distinguish facts from speculation.

And lol, if you're citing some sort of guild structure and its implications in this, you don't know a thing about LIVE.

Retired SWGEmu Staff sugarlizard's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Hargath View Post
    Sure. Farelli is certainly right. I think some of the previous posts are taking things a bit too far. Certainly not everyone under LIVE's tag knew, should have known or could have known. That is a given. On the other hand, no one can really blame people for pointing fingers in that guild's general direction.
    Simply for the fact that pretty much everyone of that list of 7 seems to have some direct tie into the guild structure and with the guild leader on that list, well, saying that special attention from the guild leadership was given to keeping members true to the ToS, it wouldn't get one far, would it?

So if you are in LIVE, have seen nothing and suspected nothing, cut people some slack here and remember that everyone has their panties slightly in a twist over the looming item deletion. Since this doesn't come with a full server reset where everyone starts at zero, it distorts the personal effort people have put into the game simply by choosing the wrong vendor at the wrong and will surely cause a good bunch to quit till 1.0.
    Some might slip the net cast by the Eye of LordKrator's, some might be cought unjustly. I certainly don't envy CSR for having to make sense of this mess. Niffer, LordKrator and Jaws, I want to buy you three some hot coco.

That being said, what I think LIVE is very much to blame for is this: These are your boys. Your guildleader, officers, senior members. Not some people you happened to have guilded 2 months ago and never interacted with in any meaningful way. Yet there is no post other the Mulder's adressing anything and helping the rest of us make sense of what is/was going on. I wasn't very fond of Mulder's post for various reasons, but that's beside the point here. So seeing Farelli and LordKrator step in to ask the good people of Basilisk to lay down their torches and pitchfork when it comes to your members, seems wrong. This should have been the job of whoever is going to pick up leadership. And it should have happened about a week ago.
    I'm so glad you have strong logical knowledge on what is going on.

Oh, wait. You don't.

The reason some of the staff members have stepped in is because they have the evidence, they have the data, the numbers and the conversations to back up what they are seeing. You know how I know that? Because I am also in LIVE and the data is what cleared me when it came down to brass tacks. It's like you guys are just looking for any reason to make any negative assumptions you have be believable. It's getting tiresome.

Unless you have been shown the data and evidence you only know what is being said here and what your bias is telling you. Nothing more. All logic is tossed to the side by mental gymnastics in order to stick your landing. When it comes down to how people look back on this, I hope you guys realize that you all had a choice, and some of you are willing to become like those people you've been trying to smear in order to get some sort of ego boost.
    Sugarlizard
    Retired SWGEmu Staff

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrenio View Post
    Certainly, I'm expecting to lose stuff too. I'm pointing out the lack of attention to the nuances of this incident. Y'all are going to feel silly months from now when people are still here/have returned from temp bans, and your posts in this thread indicate your inability to distinguish facts from speculation.

And lol, if you're citing some sort of guild structure and its implications in this, you don't know a thing about LIVE.
    Like I said before, 7 are perma banned and they are on the wall of shame. The other accounts are under investigation. We will see some cleared an return, some others probably perma banned. And likely see more accounts investigated.
    Not All live members knew about this ponzi sceme. There are a bunch of good people in Live guild and I talk and play with some of them. Because they are nice people. I also played together with some of the members who quitted the game. Some of them warned me about the inner circle of Live guild (The people who are banned). That some of them would go through great length to able to control the loot.

When Oma guild stalked me for weeks around to ks me, I was given an invite in Live guild by a friend who was in Live guild a couple of years ago. He told me he didn't liked that they stalked me and that they would leave me alone when I would wear the Live tag. Another member who quitted told me the same thing. Oma was created by an inner circle of Live guild. Just for the purpose to control loot.
    Last edited by Pitchcontrol; 07-23-2020 at 06:59 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    True enough. I never claimed I did know anything about how the guild internals worked over in your guild. Since people in this thread don't know, myself included, I was suggesting to get in 'front of the narrative' of this mess and explain what you people, as a guild implicated in this, want the rest of us to know about it.

All we got so far is Mulder's post demanding 'to see the evidence', which is a lovely thought to be honest, Fissle being generally unhappy with how things are handled and you telling us that nobody could have know what was going on. Maybe, just maybe, this leaves a lot of room for assumptions, rumours and false accusations when the server is this shook from the initial announcement.

So help us to look at this in a fair way and not feel silly months from now, please?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sure, my input is to let staff do its thing, and be patient while they do it.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarlizard View Post
    I'm so glad you have strong logical knowledge on what is going on.

Oh, wait. You don't.

The reason some of the staff members have stepped in is because they have the evidence, they have the data, the numbers and the conversations to back up what they are seeing. You know how I know that? Because I am also in LIVE and the data is what cleared me when it came down to brass tacks. It's like you guys are just looking for any reason to make any negative assumptions you have be believable. It's getting tiresome.

Unless you have been shown the data and evidence you only know what is being said here and what your bias is telling you. Nothing more. All logic is tossed to the side by mental gymnastics in order to stick your landing. When it comes down to how people look back on this, I hope you guys realize that you all had a choice, and some of you are willing to become like those people you've been trying to smear in order to get some sort of ego boost.
    Cool story. Didn't mean to get under your skin. Sorry.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    This whole thread....

That's not my scene baby, I'm more of a...

kind of guy.

/way -200 -5678 The Mall
    Current Stock

Closed Thread

Thread Information