Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 LastLast

Thread: Clone Wars, The Exploit

Play Stats
    3h last 30d
    if ahhh, uhh you think about it, the real dupe was inside of us all along

Play Stats
    70h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by RegDave77 View Post
    Very true statement about not even knowing if any of my items were duped.
    I just signed on to see that all but one ADK I had was duped.
    Mega bummed because that's a lot of credits and traded items wasted... but I'm happy my BH's weapon and my jedi's gear are legit.

Thank you Devs for finding out the guilty party.
    Hopefully things will start to get better, community-wise and economy-wise.

Now is the real question... keep the ADK for my BH or Jedi... choices choices
    Does it mean the devs did patch up the game and have removed the dupped items? Because none of my stuff got affected.
    And everyone on the genchat thinks that no actions have been taken so far...
    Last edited by divlas; 07-22-2020 at 07:16 PM.
    Enmor Solusar \ Hatchi Rejan on Finalizer Former toons on bas: Enmor/ Hatchi Atlante/ Wenmor/ Endore/ Shaamus/ Metroid.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    How do you know that?
    Drop Vendor: Coronet (443, -2952)
    IGN = Odrii / Gint

Quality Assurance
    Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    Very true statement about not even knowing if any of my items were duped.
    Mega bummed because that's a lot of credits and traded items wasted... but I'm happy my BH's weapon and my jedi's gear are legit.

Thank you Devs for finding out the guilty party.
    Hopefully things will start to get better, community-wise and economy-wise.

Now is the real question... keep the ADK for my BH or Jedi... choices choices
    You are mistaken. Beyond the email everyone got about the forthcoming change to these items, nothing has happened yet.
    Fastburn
    Quality Assurance

Fastburn@SWGEmu.com | Code Commits
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    It's been stated already we'll at least get an email regarding what items are being removed, when they're removed.
    Armor + Spice by Wombo and dropoff: West Eisley Bazaar Mall (2200 -4753)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    As I have said, we will inform you when we start. I'll quote myself so latecomers to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    A few things had to happen first. We had to get the main guys banned first of all, then we made the announcement, because we felt the community needed to know what was going on. That is where we are now. Moving forward, we are still investigating. Some still reach out to us, others we find our self.

As to how we will handle the duped items. We are working on that part. We really do not want to harm our community with doing too much. We really feel that this is a delicate issue, that already is a disaster and we don't wish to make it worse, by going about it the wrong way. When we do have a course of action, code has to be made, so we are still a little off from when the community will actually see the result. We will inform the community when we are ready to move forward, as we wish to be as transparent as possible about this.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrenio View Post
    I'm in LIVE. Tell me, without the tools LK has and without being told about the hacks, how would I know whether they're duping? Because they're incredibly rich? How rich is too rich? Most of these guys have been active 5+ years longer than me, asking them for a play-by-play on how they amassed their fortunes isn't reasonable nor conclusive in determining for myself if they cheated. Idk what you expect people to do that weren't in the know.
    Im not in LIVE and even I understood that they where cheating. Didnt knew how they did it, but between the multi-accounting and duping i knew they were dirty
    I.

Vendor for dropoffs: Tatooine, ME /way 2268 -4756

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by irixgero View Post
    Im not in LIVE and even I understood that they where cheating. Didnt knew how they did it, but between the multi-accounting and duping i knew they were dirty
    doesn't answer my question
    Armor + Spice by Wombo and dropoff: West Eisley Bazaar Mall (2200 -4753)

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by irixgero View Post
    I'd like to know how??? I've seen many ppl here on the forums toss out over half a billion credits at auctions, and many many great near cap or over cap items? Are they all cheating?

There's a ton of people in live, not all of them even farm high end heavy like the others.

Play Stats
    297h last 30d
    Did the other great Guilds here never have any player in their guild that have been banned for Multi account or some other things that where against SWGemu rules?

I would never go that far that I would say Guild "XXX" has to be banned only if I know that someone of the Guild was banned for multi accounting, because all other of the guild for sure have known it.

What some people of LIVE did is not acceptable, no question about. But I will for sure not accuse all LIVE people for that.

Devs will find out who is to be banned and who not!

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastburn View Post
    You are mistaken. Beyond the email everyone got about the forthcoming change to these items, nothing has happened yet.

Oh maybe I misunderstood the email and the posts, my bad.
    Either that, or it didn’t help that I was riding the wave from my edibles when I wrote my response.

I’ll check my stuff when I get back home today.

The reason I wrote what so wrote was because I had three adks, total; one on my Bh weapon, one on my psg, and one on my lightsaber.

When I logged in yesterday on one of my characters, I saw the ingame mail and swiftly went to my BH and Jedi characters.

The only thing that I saw that had the “wont decay” message was on my PSG. I checked my weapon and it didn’t have it and when I logged on my Jedi and saw that his lightsaber, it didn’t have it either.

I might’ve misread because I saw a previous post about if an item was adk’d with a duped ADK, then the item would remain, but not be adk’d. I might’ve jumped the gun on my assumption, hence the confusion. Sorry about that.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Senolin View Post
    I'd like to know how??? I've seen many ppl here on the forums toss out over half a billion credits at auctions, and many many great near cap or over cap items? Are they all cheating?

There's a ton of people in Live, not all of them even farm high end heavy like the others.
    The fact they stay in a guild with such a tarnished name shows either, they don't care about the duping or they knew about. Because if it's a shock and surprise to them what was going on then why not leave to distance themselves from it.

If I was in a guild that had such a tarnished name due to a big chunk of them being cheaters I would leave said guild to distance myself from that trash

Play Stats
    6h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Fonma View Post
    The fact they stay in a guild with such a tarnished name shows either, they don't care about the duping or they knew about. Because if it's a shock and surprise to them what was going on then why not leave to distance themselves from it.

If I was in a guild that had such a tarnished name due to a big chunk of them being cheaters I would leave said guild to distance myself from that trash
    Its sad for those in that guild that toght they where in a legit organization.
    the leaders of [LIVE] clearly dint care about:

1) TAG Reputation
    2) Members Reputation
    3) Game ToS and CoC
    4) All of there costumers
    https://www.swgemu.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic167844_1.gif
    - - - - - - - -= www.nrnr.org =- - - - - - - -

Play Stats
    Inactive
    When will the mass deletion be coming. The river of tears needs to be fed.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Our CSRs see many reports of hacking, multi-accounting, and various other outside-the-game-PvP every day and most of them have no evidence. When we dig into them we find them to be explainable.

EoS gives us the ability to see the truth.

Many people think a guild the size of LIVE must be constantly communicating with every member, in cahoots and gaming the rest of the community. The evidence simply doesn't support that assertion.
    Farelli
    SWGEmu Admin

How to Report Bugs | How to Search Bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker)

Closed Thread

Thread Information