Closed Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Clone Wars, The Exploit

Play Stats
    33h last 30d
    We should have suspect there was something on. Our Beloved Emperor has been looking from sick to sicker.
    Even with multi-accounting, the number of adk available when compared to the number of multi accounts... Something didn't add up.
    But it must have been going for years. I was glad to see that non of my ADK were touched, nor equipment. I really want to sympathize to our players who lost something precious, although I agree with the decision of the dev team.

However: Message in a bottle

If you are a new player who worked hard, got screwed, and now you are thinking of leaving the game at this new, please explain your case, your hardship here. Tell us who did that to you, tell us something , anything. How long you will need to get back what you lost? We have a wonderful network of communities, and where when the Devs must not help, we should do something. Only on compassionate ground and for extreme case. (or we are going to be milked by old and new perpetrator claiming their innocence, and at least multiply the number of "innocent victims" )

Enmor/ Hatchi
    FLO Member
    Last edited by divlas; 07-17-2020 at 03:17 PM.
    Enmor Solusar \ Hatchi Rejan on Finalizer Former toons on bas: Enmor/ Hatchi Atlante/ Wenmor/ Endore/ Shaamus/ Metroid.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by divlas View Post
    We should have suspect there was something on. Even with multi-accounting, the number of adk available when compared to the number of multi accounts... Something didn't add up.
    But it must have been going for years. I was glad to see that non of my ADK were touched, nor equipment
    not touched yet

Play Stats
    33h last 30d
    Well then... I would be surprised and probably would never realize if I lost something. Given the fact that I love to play SWG with bad armor, hard template, and get my fun my own way.
    I play SWG for Star Wars, my community, and the fun I have with my toons.
    Enmor Solusar \ Hatchi Rejan on Finalizer Former toons on bas: Enmor/ Hatchi Atlante/ Wenmor/ Endore/ Shaamus/ Metroid.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Perhaps the common topic in this thread is "ADK". They are obviously a problem. Take a lesson from Diablo 2 and the Stone of Jordan.
    Duped and became the official trading currency, and things got way out of hand.

ADKs either need to be removed, or become no trade items(or account bound if possible). It is apparent they cause problems.

They also hurt the hard working artisans.

Of course, they will likely be replaced by something else that is frequently duped.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Neonn View Post
    He wants duped adks removed from the game and all remaining adks removed from their current items, so he isn't left with 4 adkd chest pieces potentially and have to delete stuff to remake a full suit. Would be nice depending how bad it is!
    Yeah this.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Yeah , finally after years of trying to compete with these POS players that have been duping and cheating for years I just gave up .
    I would definately check EVERY person in those guilds, you would have to be stupid to think the entire guilds were unaware or un involved , wipe em all ....

Play Stats
    Inactive
    As a longtime player I'm going to say that I don't think that everyone in a guild knows what is going on if not in the circle of deceit. Id say key admin figure it out. Sounds like they have a very good idea of how things are working...surely better than you and I..,

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by dsrules View Post
    i am amazed at how many people think they know what they are talking about. go home. your take is not that hot.
    I am amazed by how much you knew about this, and never reported it.
    I.

Vendor for dropoffs: Tatooine, ME /way 2268 -4756

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by irixgero View Post
    I am amazed by how much you knew about this, and never reported it.
    You have no idea who reported what, don't point fingers, because when you do, three more are pointing right back at you!

It's taken a very long time to get here, the story is crazy, and on top of all of that Real Life(tm) .. well .. Got REAL!
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    4h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by buellronin View Post
    As a longtime player I'm going to say that I don't think that everyone in a guild knows what is going on if not in the circle of deceit. Id say key admin figure it out. Sounds like they have a very good idea of how things are working...surely better than you and I..,
    That is true and closely related to guild size ,in this particular [LIVE] case the leaders where involved so the following 2 steps should be taken
    1) the guild should be disbanded on Basilisk and future 1.0 server
    2) Involved players banned for life, all non involved will have to find new guilds or start new ones

Guild Leaders have a responsibility towards there members and towards the server regulations on whatever games they play ,If you cant have control over your guild then make it smaller, or dont bother starting one

SWGEmu has 2 of the oldest guilds in the world , NRN 24 years and 501st 25 years soon so it can be done all you need is good officers and a good structure
    Last edited by Walking carpet; 07-18-2020 at 01:13 PM.
    https://www.swgemu.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic167844_1.gif
    - - - - - - - -= www.nrnr.org =- - - - - - - -

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Walking carpet View Post
    That is true and closely related to guild size ,in this particular [LIVE] case the leaders where involved so the following 2 steps should be taken
    1) the guild should be disbanded on Basilisk and future 1.0 server
    2) Involved players banned for life, all non involved will have to find new guilds or start new ones

Guild Leaders have a responsibility towards there members and towards the server regulations on whatever games they play ,If you cant have control over your guild then make it smaller, or dont bother starting one
    I do not agree, this is like saying the Mayor of New York should go to jail because someone in the city committed a crime.

I ran a guild on the live server Flurry and had about 150 players, a city and plenty of drama, it would have been impossible for me to know everything that was going on.
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Gotta say......when I read walking carpets complaint and lordkators reply...I'd have to say one is based on logic and the other based on emotion......logic always wins.....

Play Stats
    4h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkator View Post
    I do not agree, this is like saying the Mayor of New York should go to jail because someone in the city committed a crime.

I ran a guild on the live server Flurry and had about 150 players, a city and plenty of drama, it would have been impossible for me to know everything that was going on.
    you laked the staff to back you up ,a guild structure, and also I think you misread my post , if the guild leader cheated then yes ban the guild tag (not the players) if the guild leader had no clue then its another story
    players in that guild that had no clue should not be banned but they will have no more guild so thy have to start new guilds

and Buell is right about logic always wins except im not emotional and surely not complaining either, I talk from experience, take it or leave it heheh
    Im happy the staff works on cheaters and exploits cause it was getting ridiculous
    English is not my primary language so my sentences may be geebrish at times lol

and LK im here since 2013 and my guild has more then 150 players since we play other games and we had only 1 drama and 1 ban from NRN SWG Division and I think 2 server bans I am aware of in all these years , we had 143 accounts linked in this Game Division alone , I cant wait to see if you catch one of my crew in your search , if so they will most likely get banned from NRN also depending on our internal Affairs council, cheating is not our ways let it be known
    Last edited by Walking carpet; 07-18-2020 at 02:18 PM.
    https://www.swgemu.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic167844_1.gif
    - - - - - - - -= www.nrnr.org =- - - - - - - -

Play Stats
    33h last 30d
    Is it possible that we are facing the same exploit that occurred during live?
    On my server, there was a guild and a city established right on the border of (excuse me for my lack of knowledge) 2 sub-servers. Back on live different areas of the same planet (if I remember correctly) were managed by different clusters(?). On Kauri Naboo, one guild established their city right at the perfect spot on the Naboo net code, and used their PA to duplicate Jedi pearls, and credits.

It was fixed by $ø€, but may be the attacker knew about that vulnerability in the net code and decided to give it another go. Or if probably this exploit backing to the days of live gave them their own ideas to find a new way to recreate the same exploit.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by divlas View Post
    Is it possible that we are facing the same exploit that occurred during live?
    On my server, there was a guild and a city established right on the border of (excuse me for my lack of knowledge) 2 sub-servers. Back on live different areas of the same planet (if I remember correctly) were managed by different clusters(?). On Kauri Naboo, one guild established their city right at the perfect spot on the Naboo net code, and used their PA to duplicate Jedi pearls, and credits.

It was fixed by $ø€, but may be the attacker knew about that vulnerability in the net code and decided to give it another go. Or if probably this exploit backing to the days of live gave them their own ideas to find a new way to recreate the same exploit.
    no, bas is hosted on a single server. There are no server boundary exploits.

Closed Thread

Thread Information