Closed Thread
Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Clone Wars, The Exploit

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Hargath View Post
    Start the 'FRS discusion' thread, bois. Would be a shame if mods had to step in cause this thread gets derailed.
    QFE

This thread is about duping and the effect that has on us all, not FRS, forum pvp, or anything other you wish to post about.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    391h last 30d
    Is it possible to see a list of the duped items (e.g., Quantity x Item type)? If not, can you confirm if any resources stacks were included?
    In-game Names & Drop-off Location:
    Nehow (Chef) & Wohen (???)
    Fat Pharple Foods (Naboo: 5855, 5856) ~NIKA~ *New Location*

Play Stats
    Inactive
    if resources were duped or resources used from duped CFRs were used what a massive clusterfudge. I would assume that would mean tons of in game weapons armor made with tainted resources not just the uber stuff.
    Bring Out The Gimp's Pawn Shop Located South of Mos Eisley WP 3541 -5624 IGN Pece & The-Gimp

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Everything has been duped. Anything that is useful
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    And anything with any duped part will go poof.......this is going to be interesting

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Is there a timeline on when this started?
    IGN -> Ricky Spanish // RickySpanish
    D/O -> -4749, 5379 Naboo

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by buellronin View Post
    And anything with any duped part will go poof.......this is going to be interesting
    Structures
    Backpacks

Retired SWGEmu CSR
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Between the old dupes, new dupes, VPN adk farming accounts, pre-nerf bones/scopes, broken exceptional/legendary drops.... This server is a complete pile of poop. While I do have faith in the staff... I feel like things will be missed.

I could also see people that bought items without knowing... losing everything they have. While I know it needs to be done for the greater good how much longer do you think they will be playing when the weapon/adk suit/psg they farmed months for goes poof. They will no longer be able to compete in this game while others will be left untouched.

Unless 1.0 is less than a year away, WIPE THE SERVER! Give everyone a fresh start. A wipe might piss some people off but it will also bring back a ton of people that quit for the reasons listed above.

I myself no longer play much so it really does not effect me. But if there is a wipe I would return.
    Last edited by oMek; 07-16-2020 at 11:47 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'm not sure if this is something people will agree with it or not.

But in regards to all the adks that will go poof, it is what it is.
    But would it be possible to remove all adks from all items so we can prioritize where the adks goes?

I.E I have 2 full sets of ADKD armor with attachments on them.
    next minute i end up with 2 helmets and 2 chestplates adkd but no boots or bracers ADKD.
    I would obviously rather stick 4 adks on a full suit.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    This is better than a server wipe imo

Quote Originally Posted by Saffe View Post
    I'm not sure if this is something people will agree with it or not.

But in regards to all the adks that will go poof, it is what it is.
    But would it be possible to remove all adks from all items so we can prioritize where the adks goes?

I.E I have 2 full sets of ADKD armor with attachments on them.
    next minute i end up with 2 helmets and 2 chestplates adkd but no boots or bracers ADKD.
    I would obviously rather stick 4 adks on a full suit.
    I had so many adk's I was adking clothing just to use them all.
    Last edited by Lolindir; 07-17-2020 at 01:10 AM. Reason: Double post

Play Stats
    310h last 30d
    I think its for sure hard enough to figure out all items that are affected. If even the resources taken in to account done with an duped resource kit this is in deed a deep impact.

"But would it be possible to remove all adks from all items so we can prioritize where the adks goes?"

I didn't get that in total. You mean prioritize the legal ADKs that are left. Will only the duped ADKs be deleted, the Item it was be attached will be left ingame (if not affected by any other duped material)?.

A server wipe would sure bring back some people but at the same time cost some numbers as some players might not start over after a wipe till 1.0 is back.
    Last edited by Jeremai; 07-17-2020 at 07:02 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremai View Post
    I think its for sure hard enough to figure out all items that are affected. If even the resources taken in to account done with an duped resource kit this is in deed a deep impact.

"But would it be possible to remove all adks from all items so we can prioritize where the adks goes?"

I didn't get that in total. You mean prioritize the legal ADKs that are left. Will only the duped ADKs be deleted, the Item it was be attached will be left ingame (if not affected by any other duped material)?.

A server wipe would sure bring back some people but at the same time cost some numbers as some players might not start over after a wipe till 1.0 is back.
    He wants duped adks removed from the game and all remaining adks removed from their current items, so he isn't left with 4 adkd chest pieces potentially and have to delete stuff to remake a full suit. Would be nice depending how bad it is!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    We are many within LIVE that had nothing to do with this and we are just as surprised as all of you are. This was not a guild effort but a select and secretive group within the guild - please don't forget that.

Quote Originally Posted by RecksRacer View Post

Personally if I only lose 1 adk I will chalk it up to the test server, but if I get slammed, I know Im out untill 1.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by oMek View Post

I could also see people that bought items without knowing... losing everything they have. While I know it needs to be done for the greater good how much longer do you think they will be playing when the weapon/adk suit/psg they farmed months for goes poof.
    This is also where i am. Please be careful and considerate with the execution of this cleanup.
    Last edited by sbp; 07-17-2020 at 09:52 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    i am amazed at how many people think they know what they are talking about. go home. your take is not that hot.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by sbp View Post
    We are many within LIVE that had nothing to do with this and we are just as surprised as all of you are. This was not a guild effort but a select and secretive group within the guild - please don't forget that.
    I agree, A select group cheated. Some didn't cheat, but knew, benefited and closed their eyes. But a large portion didn't knew and are now also taking the heat. Their actions damaged the reputation of LIVE guild. And I feel sorry for those that are now taking the heat.
    The investigation is still ongoing. Some people that are banned are still investigated, doesn't mean they are actually guilty. And some accounts still need to be investigated that might get banned in the future. People should not jump to conclusions.
    Last edited by Pitchcontrol; 07-17-2020 at 12:19 PM.
    Drop off at 3521 -5596 Tatooine (South Eisley mall vendor Hot Drops)

Closed Thread

Thread Information