Closed Thread
Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Clone Wars, The Exploit

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Agree

Except for anyone stupid enough to spend real money on fake items.

They should be banned from owning a bank account never mind a fake avatar in a fake universe on server that is going to be wiped.
    Last edited by jonty7; 07-14-2020 at 09:06 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    A lot of trash players on swgemu , can't play this game without big weapons

if you got a kids college fund sitting round doing nothing may as well use it up to impress your virtual m8s
    Last edited by jmx; 07-14-2020 at 09:23 PM.

Retired SWGEmu CSR
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by jmx View Post
    A lot of trash players on swgemu , can't play this game without big weapons

if you got a kids college fund sitting round doing nothing may as well use it up to impress your virtual m8s
    If their kids are dumb as them, they won't need college anyways. Unless McDonald's starts asking for a degree.

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by buellronin View Post
    you dupers actually helped the future of swg. if not for your hard work and illegal activities this would not be possible.
    And for that I thank them for their greed, now they can go play Minecraft in creative mode.
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Fissile View Post
    shut up mulder. you know we're all bad apples, eggs, and other such perishables.

it's easy to say all that up in your guildhall of ill-gotten gains!

i mean hell bruddder i got the fricking keys to the empire now. fissile can sort you out the biz yo. we got our korean hook up grinding dat in game cash for you right now baby.

GOING OUT OF BIZNIZ SALE yo!, everything must go, before it...er...goes.

im not sure whats worse. having had all this happen under my beautifully straight plucked to perfection nose or the circle jerk of people with issues with the guild all coming out the woodwork.

he without sin cast the first stone
    I agree with what some of the others says.
    blanket ban would not be fair but a deep check into who did what should be the case.
    And in regards to circle jerk, can you blame people?
    The guys that have been banned have been the most vocal about how good they are for ages, literally looking down on people.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Lmao most of knew this **** was going on years ago

Enhanced weapon vendor at 3250 -5618 900m from Mos Eisley (drop off) . Geo hammers, rancor 1h&2h. Krayt enhanced ranged weapons

Play Stats
    Inactive
    These people took real money.
    This kind of thing could allow Sony to shut down the entire server.
    They put everyone at risk for their selfish behavior.

Ban them, delete their stuff, burn down their houses. Wipe them from the server. I applaud.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    It's going to be funny when weapons armor adk's and stuff start to disapear. I might log in just to see if that happens. I'm curios to see.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    LMAO 10/10, late AF but well done.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    So wait, you're telling me that over 20% of what's left of Basilisk's player base were literally real-life scumbag crooks?

I feel shocked.*

*I don't really feel shocked.

Quote Originally Posted by stilgarfett View Post
    So many opinions and assumptions in this thread from people who don't remotely have a clue what they're talking about.

I completely respect the devs of this project and the need to keep players within the ToS. I also really hope there is more transparency about this investigation and an opportunity for the accused to have recourse. I've played with some of these folks for years and years and if they were guilty of any of these charges I have never, ever seen any evidence or hint of it. Even if one or more people in LIVE are guilty, and I'm not saying that isn't possible, it would not be a reason to condemn the entire guild.

Over the years guild leadership including myself have always tried to build and maintain a membership of broad interests and services who enjoy helping the community at large. Have we succeeded in every single case? No. This is a digital universe. It's impossible to avoid having a problematic guild member now and then. Every guild of any size has dealt with this issue and some of you throwing stones in this thread are prime examples of this phenomenon in your own guilds. But we have tried and have removed members in the past for their behavior.

Do we have some aggressive personalities? Sure. That's part of the diversity that makes this environment fun. But at the end of the day most LIVE members are crafters and merchants who do some PVE on the side to try to loot some things to earn credits. This is why we run the LIVE mall. I myself built up my credits by running a large resource business for years. I certainly didn't dupe or cheat and I wouldn't even begin to know how or have the motivation to do so. Anyone suggesting that the city was paid for with nefarious credits needs to calm down. I crafted that city hall and placed it myself.

We have done a lot to help people. We assist 99% of people through the knight trials at Acklay. If you're one of the 1% who wasn't allowed then be rest assured there was a very good reason. We have been there for the loot - not to prevent access for those who need it for knight trials. We have only been contesting Acklay for a couple of years now. Before that it was camped by others. Before accusing us of trying to control the whole game some of you need to take a look in the mirror. For example let's talk about the light side FRS and demoting and controlling it for the benefit of your friends.

I respect 99% of the players in this game and I respect and appreciate the devs and their difficult jobs. But I also find it very hard to believe that all of the accused are guilty in this case given my personal time and proximity of playing with them. So I hope there is a way for conversations to be had before judgments are confirmed.
    You can almost hear the sweat pouring from his brow and dripping on to his keyboard as he typed this.
    Last edited by Lolindir; 07-16-2020 at 01:34 PM. Reason: Double post

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    The banned people were far far from 20% of the population lmao

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by stilgarfett View Post
    Before accusing us of trying to control the whole game some of you need to take a look in the mirror. For example let's talk about the light side FRS and demoting and controlling it for the benefit of your friends.
    Ahh. As you can tell by my postcount, I do not do the forums much. Hi, I am Ben. For the past year and a half, it would be me who is making the call on lightside FRS. I do not really appreciate getting pulled into your attempt to muddy the waters on the 50 shades of earl gray that is currently LIVE related shinanigans. Since you feel you must. Instead of the mirror, allow me to rather look at my spreadsheet. We took in 7 Jedis with direct ties to LIVE. All of them have held rank 7 or higher. One in R10 is currently banned. Mekks, Surena, Mark, Edbacca, Drama and Skorched can certainly comment on how 'unfair' thing are run on light side. While I can see you have plenty of reason to shift the focus a bit away from the fact that pretty much nothing LIVE has done in the past years comes without the stink of having directly or indirectly profited from 60k items injected into the community, let's have the 'lighside discusion' in a different thread. You start it, I am happy to comment.

Lots of great videos on russian cold war propaganda methods on youtube. They are highly enjoyable to watch. And in your particular situation, a great source for ideas.

Cheers man. Save some of your 'boardwarrior energy' for the time after the item deletion. I'd expect a lot of Basilisk will want to 'speak to the manager' of LIVE mall.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    The real question is why do pvers want frs jedi. Very confusing

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    All Jedi would be r0 on bas with no fightclub happening anyway.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Start the 'FRS discusion' thread, bois. Would be a shame if mods had to step in cause this thread gets derailed.

Closed Thread

Thread Information