Quote Originally Posted by divlas View Post
SWG was never meant to be a competitive game... At least not the version we are trying to save. (it was unbalanced as hell! Thats why the devs desperatly needed a Combat Revamp. ) So even if some have put effort towards improving their combat skills (without knowing of the unfairness), what matters is that the SWG Cantina's spirit remains untouched. However I want to sympathize with all our crafters. I should have seen something because even if I follow this project from the start, I always felt I couldn't compete with the "best crafters", so I gave up this part of the game...
SWG was meant to be whatever the player wanted it to be. That was the whole appeal. For some, it's a casual "cantina life" game, as you alluded to, which is basically a glorified chat room. For others, it's a farming game, a crafting game, a competitive farming or crafting game (competing against other businesses, which you said you gave up on), a casual combat game, or a competitive combat game (PvP or competing for camping spots or best loot in PvE). So, while it may not be a competitive game for you, it's a competitive game in many different ways for hundreds of other players.