Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Clone wars...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by divlas View Post
    SWG was never meant to be a competitive game... At least not the version we are trying to save. (it was unbalanced as hell! Thats why the devs desperatly needed a Combat Revamp. ) So even if some have put effort towards improving their combat skills (without knowing of the unfairness), what matters is that the SWG Cantina's spirit remains untouched. However I want to sympathize with all our crafters. I should have seen something because even if I follow this project from the start, I always felt I couldn't compete with the "best crafters", so I gave up this part of the game...
    SWG was meant to be whatever the player wanted it to be. That was the whole appeal. For some, it's a casual "cantina life" game, as you alluded to, which is basically a glorified chat room. For others, it's a farming game, a crafting game, a competitive farming or crafting game (competing against other businesses, which you said you gave up on), a casual combat game, or a competitive combat game (PvP or competing for camping spots or best loot in PvE). So, while it may not be a competitive game for you, it's a competitive game in many different ways for hundreds of other players.
    SWG-Flurry | <DFR><LoS><KOE><TITAN><Merc> Big-N-Buff | Burn'ing Chaos | Big-N-Tough <Merc><TITAN><KOE><LoS><DFR> | SWG-Flurry

Play Stats
    74h last 30d
    It used to be a competitive game to me. But I gave up on that years ago. (3-4?) Although I was among the first to get my Jedi after the patch.
    I prepared for 1 year to be Village Ready. Before I loved to play a Pikeman, with dots. But I never allowed myself to use dots with my Jedi.
    During $ø€ Live, I adored PvP. But after being done with all of that, I started to grind SW and DE.
    Then the JtL Announcement led me to reconsider.

However I only meant this in my previous message:
    There is one part of the game that doesnt need to be affected by this crisis. And it is. Because as you pointed it out very well, (and I might have forgot that with the years, thank you for the reminder): every parts of our game are in fact interconnected.
    Last edited by divlas; 07-20-2020 at 07:40 PM.
    Enmor Solusar \ Hatchi Rejan on Finalizer Former toons on bas: Enmor/ Hatchi Atlante/ Wenmor/ Endore/ Shaamus/ Metroid.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hi,

i´m from Germany and a Player from the first Hour ... after a short time from NGE i stop to play SWg. Now i return to SWG EMU. I dont really understand what the problem is here, my english is not so good. Only i understand, there a lot of stupid players ... i hope you work still on the game, is the best game ever .... please tell me if i can help ... i love all your work !!! Thx a lot for this :-)

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Beowuhlf View Post
    Hi,

i´m from Germany and a Player from the first Hour ... after a short time from NGE i stop to play SWg. Now i return to SWG EMU. I dont really understand what the problem is here, my english is not so good. Only i understand, there a lot of stupid players ... i hope you work still on the game, is the best game ever .... please tell me if i can help ... i love all your work !!! Thx a lot for this :-)
    people tried playing smuggler class in real life and got banned for it.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Beowuhlf View Post
    Hi,

Someone developed a hack tool or something to duplicate Items. That person probably sold that tool to a bunch of people. Those people started duplicating items, made a lot of credits and they started selling Items and credits on websites for real money profit. Developers noticed or got warned about it. So they developed a tool called the Eye of Sauron so it would notice shady activities.
    Drop off at 3521 -5596 Tatooine (South Eisley mall vendor Hot Drops)

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitchcontrol View Post
    Someone developed a hack tool or something to duplicate Items. That person probably sold that tool to a bunch of people. Those people started duplicating items, made a lot of credits and they started selling Items and credits on websites for real money profit. Developers noticed or got warned about it. So they developed a tool called the Eye of Sauron so it would notice shady activities.
    and they wouldf have gottena way with it if it wasnt for those pesky kids [arloch]

Play Stats
    6h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Fissile View Post
    and they wouldf have gottena way with it if it wasnt for those pesky kids [arloch]
    The danger of having Flo around you.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Fissile View Post
    He should be credited* for being the REAL MVP of Bas.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by chasey lain View Post
    He should be credited* for being the REAL MVP of Bas.
    he was banned too though.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by dedaskalion View Post
    he was banned too though.
    his sentence is a lot less, allegededededly

Play Stats
    Inactive
    he gunna b mad if he perma banned after spending 2500 big ones real life USD american dollars on that gun

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Yeah, lets stop that
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    Yeah, lets stop that
    you mean you havent stopped it yet? soe emulation to the max :>

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I said lets stop it
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thx @ all that helped and created this tool!

I would suggest if someone of the listed players was a Smuggler, give him a Unique Pistol before ban. Just to honor the Smuggler livestyle. (Cmn just kidding)

Quote Originally Posted by buellronin View Post
    Delete everything that had a duped component in it. It's the only fair way.

Let's say you were an athlete and someone gave you steroids without you knowing it and you won your tour de France multiple times in a row and then tested positive for steroids. You win is not legitimate and would be stripped as it takes away from those who did not use steroids. Knowing or not knowing is not a factor in the win being taken so.
    Same rule should apply here

People need to stop wanting to benefit from something and want another to be banned ..the fair thing is the mass deletion of duped items.

Also...let's say a duped item was used to make a buffset....and another duped item was made to make the SB power hammer....
    You really think it's fair to waste the devs time to delete a hammer but not a buffset because it's a low prices item?
    Delete it all

Integrity matters
    I would vote for you but tbh this cost time and power. I hope the team keep 1.0 in focus and use this nice new stuff to create a new and beter Galaxies.
    Last edited by Lolindir; 08-03-2020 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Double post

Closed Thread

Thread Information