Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Clone wars...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitchcontrol View Post
    Some tech companies ask to show ID for your account... Facebook does it when they think your using a fake account these days...
    Requiring people to submit their real life ID for a video game (let alone a volunteer-run emulator of a video game that's been dead for 9.5 years) would most certainly drive off more people than it would help in any capacity. I wouldn't even do that for a AAA game company.
    Last edited by Big-N-Buff; 07-20-2020 at 09:59 AM.
    SWG-Flurry | <DFR><LoS><KOE><TITAN><Merc> Big-N-Buff | Burn'ing Chaos | Big-N-Tough <Merc><TITAN><KOE><LoS><DFR> | SWG-Flurry

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Could txt a code to their phone and get them to input that. That usually stops people from creating new accounts when banned, and multi accounts.
    Monvento <MOF> on Chimera circa 2003 - 2005
    Joorj Costanza <ORDER>

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdeakin View Post
    Could txt a code to their phone and get them to input that. That usually stops people from creating new accounts when banned, and multi accounts.
    Very easy to spoof 100’s of phone numbers for sms using services on the internet,

I don’t mean to crush everyone’s dreams but it’s a very difficult problem and not as easy to solve as it seems.
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

SWGEmu Retired Community Relations bigevil's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    This is all very exciting. LK and the the team of smart people never cease to amaze! Super steps moving forward to clean the experience for everyone.
    Retired Community Relations

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Is what I am doing in the game wrong? How do I know? If in doubt, contact Staff.

SWGEmu Guides and Helpful Links / complaint@swgemu.com for violations or complaints / LIVE Support

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Is there any news when the dupe purge comes? And what Items will be deleted?

Items that are duped will be deleted. And I presume that items created with duped enhancers (like duped krayt tissues, duped jabba scobes, duped nightsister layers, ...) will also be deleted

But there is a big chance that also a bunch of duped resources are ingame now because of the duped resource deeds. The big question is, will items made with a duped resources be deleted from game? For example you farmed your own krayt tissues. Spend hours farming. Had to craft several T21 legit to get finally that good slice. But you bought some metal from a vendor to craft those and the resource is duped. Will those items get deleted?

Because right now people are still crafting items and they might make them with a duped resource without knowing.

Quote Originally Posted by bigevil View Post
    This is all very exciting. LK and the the team of smart people never cease to amaze! Super steps moving forward to clean the experience for everyone.
    Yeah it is.
    Last edited by Lolindir; 07-20-2020 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Double post
    Drop off at 3521 -5596 Tatooine (South Eisley mall vendor Hot Drops)

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Is there any news when the dupe purge comes? And what Items will be deleted?

Items that are duped will be deleted. And I presume that items created with duped enhancers (like duped krayt tissues, duped jabba scobes, duped nightsister layers, ...) will also be deleted

But there is a big chance that also a bunch of duped resources are ingame now because of the duped resource deeds. The big question is, will items made with a duped resources be deleted from game? For example you farmed your own krayt tissues. Spend hours farming. Had to craft several T21 legit to get finally that good slice. But you bought some metal from a vendor to craft those and the resource is duped. Will those items get deleted?

Because right now people are still crafting items and they might make them with a duped resource without knowing.
    This was already answered in the other thread

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Senolin View Post
    Will items made with duped resources be deleted from game? Including their contents?

I ask because what if someone made a large run of houses / backpacks for vendor sale with duped resources, obviously not knowing they're duped and these items are deleted along with their contents?

Obviously this is a big WHAT IF, yes i know. why would anyone use a resource worthy of being duped on houses, but you'd be surprised what i find people use SB resources for so it could very well have happened.

Just saying this could turn 60k items into 600k items because houses/backpacks poof. So just asking for clarification because i've seen people talk about anything made with duped resources will poof but i so no verification from staff on this.

I am not arguing that removing duped items is nessecary or that items made with duped components be removed, But duped resources? thats awful broad and could hit SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Many things. especially if it hits someones backpacks or houses
    A few things had to happen first. We had to get the main guys banned first of all, then we made the announcement, because we felt the community needed to know what was going on. That is where we are now. Moving forward, we are still investigating. Some still reach out to us, others we find our self.

Response from lolli

As to how we will handle the duped items. We are working on that part. We really do not want to harm our community with doing too much. We really feel that this is a delicate issue, that already is a disaster and we don't wish to make it worse, by going about it the wrong way. When we do have a course of action, code has to be made, so we are still a little off from when the community will actually see the result. We will inform the community when we are ready to move forward, as we wish to be as transparent as possible about this.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Delete everything that had a duped component in it. It's the only fair way.

Let's say you were an athlete and someone gave you steroids without you knowing it and you won your tour de France multiple times in a row and then tested positive for steroids. You win is not legitimate and would be stripped as it takes away from those who did not use steroids. Knowing or not knowing is not a factor in the win being taken so.
    Same rule should apply here

People need to stop wanting to benefit from something and want another to be banned ..the fair thing is the mass deletion of duped items.

Also...let's say a duped item was used to make a buffset....and another duped item was made to make the SB power hammer....
    You really think it's fair to waste the devs time to delete a hammer but not a buffset because it's a low prices item?
    Delete it all

Integrity matters

Play Stats
    Inactive
    The problem is there are duped resources out there. I don't want to sell a weapon to someone that might get deleted.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    The problem is there are duped resources out there. I don't want to sell a weapon to someone that might get deleted.
    We are either going to have to agree:::

Either or.....

All integrity matters or only some integrity matters.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by buellronin View Post
    We are either going to have to agree:::

Either or.....

All integrity matters or only some integrity matters.
    If you either agree or disagree. Its not up to us to decide what is going to happen. We are not the admins...

Veteran
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkator View Post
    Very easy to spoof 100’s of phone numbers for sms using services on the internet,

I don’t mean to crush everyone’s dreams but it’s a very difficult problem and not as easy to solve as it seems.
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/jNsOu1T.png[/img]

Play Stats
    74h last 30d
    By the way, if you want to make a Police Force to better enforce the rule, Code of Conducts, it should not be just a secret police.
    We should also a visible enforcement capacity. Without using NPC like Vader or the Emperor, just normal players.

However we need to learn to trust each other again, and trust ourselves first.

I remember a sentence from the Star Wars novelization: Revenge of the Sith. Mace Windu was speaking of the dark side, reminding that it was the "legacy of the jungle" . Well it applies here too.

Today I've seen a lot of guild leaders, officers, truly hurted. While actually they have always worked to give our community, and Basilik, a spirit. A soul. And thank to them we can endure during this troubled time. As long as we keep helping each other, within the frame of the rules of engagement, and focus our help in game to community players, we will be just fine.

SWG was never meant to be a competitive game... At least not the version we are trying to save. (it was unbalanced as hell! Thats why the devs desperatly needed a Combat Revamp. ) So even if some have put effort towards improving their combat skills (without knowing of the unfairness), what matters is that the SWG Cantina's spirit remains untouched. However I want to sympathize with all our crafters. I should have seen something because even if I follow this project from the start, I always felt I couldn't compete with the "best crafters", so I gave up this part of the game...
    Last edited by Lolindir; 07-21-2020 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Removed private server
    Enmor Solusar \ Hatchi Rejan on Finalizer Former toons on bas: Enmor/ Hatchi Atlante/ Wenmor/ Endore/ Shaamus/ Metroid.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by divlas View Post
    By the way, if you want to make a Police Force to better enforce the rule, Code of Conducts, it should not be just a secret police.
    We should also a visible enforcement capacity. Without using NPC like Vader or the Emperor, just normal players.

However we need to learn to trust each other again, and trust ourselves first.

I remember a sentence from the Star Wars novelization: Revenge of the Sith. Mace Windu was speaking of the dark side, reminding that it was the "legacy of the jungle" . Well it applies here too.

Today I've seen a lot of guild leaders, officers, truly hurted. While actually they have always worked to give our community, and Basilik, a spirit. A soul. And we can endure. As long as we keep helping each other, within the frame of the rules of engagement, and focus our help in game to community players.
    huh? What is this supposed to do? It's already been boiled down many times regarding how the community can help: if you have evidence/information of someone cheating, you should come forward to staff.
    Last edited by Lolindir; 07-21-2020 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Edited quote
    Armor + Spice by Wombo and dropoff: West Eisley Bazaar Mall (2200 -4753)

Play Stats
    74h last 30d
    Its not supposed to do anything, apart trying to bring back trust in communities. ( understand by communities: the Server Genchat, the German or French gen chats, the guilds (Aldur, FLO, and so many others), the Cantina in Moi Eisley, the Cantinas everywhere)

For evidences, I'm sorry I have none. I just see how recruiters, and community players feel sad since this announcement. Because why would new comers want to join now? I keep hearing "Why bother to play when the only reason I want to play is to help others?" . We need to patch up that wound fast, even we don't actually know how the hell it got there,

And concerning evidence, the only ones I see is how low the moral is when I login, then read the different Chans while I wander from a cantina to another.. And I don't want to put that on a screen. This is not what our game has been for the past decade! We need to learn, grow over this disaster, don't forget it, but find a way for trust to come back. On all levels.
    Last edited by Lolindir; 07-21-2020 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Double post
    Enmor Solusar \ Hatchi Rejan on Finalizer Former toons on bas: Enmor/ Hatchi Atlante/ Wenmor/ Endore/ Shaamus/ Metroid.

Closed Thread

Thread Information