Closed Thread

Thread: VPNs and our services

Hybrid View

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I would caution people who say we didn't think about what we have decided, this has been going on literally for almost a year.

I've been building tools and doing data analysis for close to a year now.

We've been using a machine learning service to analyze registrations and cut them to 1/3rd of what they were.

In February of 2019 I built out the activation workflow, that improved the number of real email's people use now.

I work internationally, for a massive multi-national company (not hard to figure out who) and I fly just about bi-weekly, I have people in my group from China, Dubai, Australia, EU etc.. on ward..

I'm very aware of the challenges governments have applied to the internet, I donate to the The Free Software Foundation monthly.

It saddens me to think some people would accuse us of racism or having not thought this decision out.

Its easy, this game was not designed to be fun with a single person having 27 accounts (WTF 270 Characters!?) and the community has complained for years about us not doing enough.

Many times even over the last year people have complained, I bit my lip because I knew what our data was showing, I built tools to empower our CSR's to research everything.

People who were paying attention should have known something was up when I pushed this commit, gee I wonder what I was building there?

Now we have 11,187,396 records to analyze and we've built tools to leverage that data and now we're adding more to apply machine learning against the data to detect cheaters.

I am happy to learn with the community, but I will not provide anymore details of our technology "behind the curtain" and if you have valid needs I'm happy to review each case, submit a support ticket and state your case. But I will warn you, more than once this has happened and I've found cheaters trying to make up stories, we have the data, don't lie to us, be honest and discuss your situation with respect and be specific and we will do our best to help.

If this policy is too hard for you then you are welcome to play elsewhere, I have made it extremely easy with ZonamaDev to setup a home server, have a blast, we're not holding anyone back!

Here, together, in this community, we want to enjoy a deeply connected game set in the Star Wars Universe, to do that we must do our best to reduce cheating to a minimum.
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Addicted
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkator View Post
    I would caution people who say we didn't think about what we have decided, this has been going on literally for almost a year.

We've been using a machine learning service to analyze registrations and cut them to 1/3rd of what they were.

In February of 2019 I built out the activation workflow, that improved the number of real email's people use now.

I work internationally, for a massive multi-national company (not hard to figure out who) and I fly just about bi-weekly, I have people in my group from China, Dubai, Australia, EU etc.. on ward..

I'm very aware of the challenges governments have applied to the internet, I donate to the The Free Software Foundation monthly.

It saddens me to think some people would accuse us of racism or having not thought this decision out.

Its easy, this game was not designed to be fun with a single person having 27 accounts (WTF 270 Characters!?) and the community has complained for years about us not doing enough.

Many times even over the last year people have complained, I bit my lip because I knew what our data was showing, I built tools to empower our CSR's to research everything.

People who were paying attention should have known something was up when I pushed this commit, gee I wonder what I was building there?

Now we have 11,187,396 records to analyze and we've built tools to leverage that data and now we're adding more to apply machine learning against the data to detect cheaters.

I am happy to learn with the community, but I will not provide anymore details of our technology "behind the curtain" and if you have valid needs I'm happy to review each case, submit a support ticket and state your case. But I will warn you, more than once this has happened and I've found cheaters trying to make up stories, we have the data, don't lie to us, be honest and discuss your situation with respect and be specific and we will do our best to help.

If this policy is too hard for you then you are welcome to play elsewhere, I have made it extremely easy with ZonamaDev to setup a home server, have a blast, we're not holding anyone back!

Here, together, in this community, we want to enjoy a deeply connected game set in the Star Wars Universe, to do that we must do our best to reduce cheating to a minimum.
    LK is literally the hero SWGEmu needs, but does not deserve

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyra View Post
    LK is literally the hero SWGEmu needs, but does not deserve
    Agreed. I look forward to future developments.

Inactive Code Contributors Loc-nar's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkator View Post

All this and didn't you at one point get pushed out of this project?
    -Locnar

Quote Originally Posted by Loc-nar
    Jedi don't ruin SWG, boot lickers and whiners ruin SWG.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Loc-nar View Post
    Be great if you could contribute code instead of contributing your opinion to be fair. Would be vastly more helpful.
    Praxi Starwalker
    Bria Server
    'RFR' - Rebel Force Recon
    'SOH' -Soldiers of Honour

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Loc-nar View Post
    I had real life things to deal with as many people on the team have over the years.

I've been up front about my history with the project.

I've never been pushed out, banned or had any disciplinary action against me.
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Closed Thread

Thread Information