Quote Originally Posted by splntz View Post
I have a slight problem with this. I work from home sometimes. This means that I need to VPN into work. Being that i'm home I sometimes play SWG while waiting for phone calls. This can reflect my works IP address. Can I give you my work IP and you guys keep it on file or something?

Edit: i'd like to add that I have SWG on my work laptop as well, and sometimes will be at hotels and play, is this a problem?
We will roll with this slowly, in the begining it will be about automated checks, emailing people when they show up on a new IP. Much like WoW and other games will do when you're moving your account around. It'll help with people who get accounts stolen etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking carpet View Post
You know that many countries around the world requires the use of VPNs since there governments blocks many parts of the internet, also those who travel to those countries and still want to play?
I recommend allowing VPNs only on demand by users put there names on a list and then you can check them for abuse.
Blocking it all is too drastic in a free world.
I happen to work for one of the same types of companies! And I traveled 100k miles this year already! I'm going to be a live tester myself and the everyone can laugh at me every time the system bans me!

Again we will roll this out slowly, we are deploying the tools now and you will always have the option to ask for an exception. But as Lolindr says this is a major pain for everyone in game and on staff. We must make it better for everyone involved. We will be leveraging new machine learning based detection technology and we will develop more of our own tech to make this easier for everyone.