Closed Thread

Thread: VPNs and our services

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolindir View Post
    [FONT=Verdana]
    For obvious reasons, we will not get in to how we detect multiple accounts.
    is the method legal, and not violating ones right to privacy? Definitely an eye brow raiser. while i hardly play anymore and log in seldomly as the game dried out due to classic WoW. i definitely love my Nord VPN as it secures my privacy and that is very important to me, and cause blizzard is ran by monkeys sometimes the only way to get access to the game when their login servers for the east coast mess up is to go around it is via VPN.
    Last edited by Hieroglyphics; 11-11-2019 at 10:05 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Hieroglyphics View Post
    is the method legal, and not violating ones right to privacy? Definitely an eye brow raiser. while i hardly play anymore and log in seldomly as the game dried out due to classic WoW. i definitely love my Nord VPN as it secures my privacy and that is very important to me, and cause blizzard is ran by monkeys sometimes the only way to get access to the game when their login servers for the east coast mess up is to go around it is via VPN.
    Enlighten me how it would be considered illegal to know who log in to our services

About Nord VPN... I would look at this video from JayzTwoCents and his views on the security they provide.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBJZFTy_SAc
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Hieroglyphics View Post
    is the method legal, and not violating ones right to privacy? Definitely an eye brow raiser. ..
    Everything we do today is on the server side and any communications between our servers and services is encrypted. I've discussed security a bit before but happy to address concerns as needed. That said again we're not going to explain in more detail what we're doing because cheaters will gladly use that to find ways around the systems and we don't have the resources to tackle that cat and mouse game.

We're very sensitive to privacy, if you notice we only have a "user experience" pixel on our site, when I first got here we were firing all sorts of stuff like Google and Facebook, I removed all those.
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I saw his comments on this on Mobyius's channel, he sounds quite confident lol

Closed Thread

Thread Information