+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: VPNs and our services

I like to wake up with one character alreday connected and when I'm trying to log the second "VPN Denied" may be a ghost during night have done something !!!
    Ticket submited !
    Best bad idea of the year.
    Since January 2020, Monthly contribution suspended due to "VPN error" issue.

Developer
    Your IP changed, I can see it on the forums. Whatever you're using to login keeps changing your IP.

I'm sorry you're having so many problems but I cannot express how many multi's we were dealing with, it was nuts, now this has allowed us to really clean up the multi's...
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by lordkator View Post
    Your IP changed, I can see it on the forums. Whatever you're using to login keeps changing your IP.
    I think you are talking about: Internet Providers and DHCP (may be, I'm not a computer Pro)
    I never check my IP, I don't care about IP. I'm using internet, How it works is far away from me.
    I'm using swg client to login ... There is an other way ???

I can understand you want to fight against Multi accounts, it's a swgemu choice, I respect it! But I was happy with my 4 accounts in 2004.
    I don't think Multi is the problem, the free access to the game is the real problem. But that's another debate.
    Since January 2020, Monthly contribution suspended due to "VPN error" issue.

"Just today I have searched a bunch more and banned 19 of the accounts for multiple accounts. last month i banned 84 accounts in one day."

Also if I felt the fist of this checks by my own i think its good thing your doing. I am no expert for internet nor computer and also if I would never use a second account I allways play with some fear that there is something what i cant prevent or simply did not know what leads to a ban.

For example: Recently I change my inet provider to a big player in my country. The provider has a service that is called "wlan to go" what is normally activated by default if you make contract with him and use his hardware. In this case a second "public" wlan will be activated on your router what.. long story short ...will lead to a ban if someone uses this to log in SWG.
    As I use my own hardware to connect I never activated this. Well... this should also be a hint for other players maybe cheking if this may be a problem for them.

Other case
    There are internet provider that use privat IP for the user and appear with a common external IP (for example some provider that offer inet via LTE or similar). Also in this case total different players local seperated from each other may appear as multiple account.
    Last edited by Jeremai; 01-22-2020 at 01:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information