Quote Originally Posted by xirad View Post
If only we could get folks to even OCCASIONALLY read the forums!!! I logged in last night in the middle of a semi-frantic discussion on genchat with someone going on about the upcoming wipe to Basilisk and another NEW player saying that they didn't want to bother playing at all if everything would be lost soon.

I tried to console the new player (getting continued argument from the other) that there is no current plan for a wipe and yes technically when 1.0/Suncrusher comes out it's a wipe because we're starting from scratch, but there is no set timeline so it's not going to be anytime soon (1-2 years???). Also mentioned what I'd read with all the JTL hubbrub that it's POSSIBLE Basilisk may live on as is even with Suncrusher. I suggested the BOTH read the forums occasionally and especially the 2 JTL threads (this and the original now closed one).

I said nobody knows and nothing is set in stone so for now JUST HAVE FUN, and with your 10 character slots use this opportunity to explore other factions, professions, etc.
only about 15% of swgemu playerbase ever come back here to read forums after installing , they come back if there's an issue or to keep track of Trade forums.
I think there is a clear message on the main page about wipes and what not, Mobyus repeats it in many of his videos but many still think 1.0 is in a year or 2 well its way farther then that 3 or 4 years unless developers recruiting goes great and the team gets bigger getting more work done.