Thread: SWGEmu - 1.0 and the future of JTL

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Planets!
    Drop off vendor Tatooine right outside of Arrakis
    /way -1851, -5700

Play Stats
    Inactive
    And faction item balance and new planets!
    Drop off vendor Tatooine right outside of Arrakis
    /way -1851, -5700

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I've read the first two pages of this and got irritated by the whining and negativity so I've skipped the other 11 pages. Sorry if I'm missing anything.

Wanted to say I fully support this decision/announcement and agree wholeheartedly with the judgement call. It's a bit pathetic that that visual representation needed to be made, but I feel it's pretty powerful if people would take the time to look at it.

Super pumped for 1.0. Super pumped for Suncrusher.

Super pumped to have all the devs.

Bring it on.
    Spriggs Jerekson - a Mon Cal with a taste for adventure and a penchant for bad fashion

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I think the choice to focus on the ground game first and get that 100% is a very good one Devs. Thanks for being honest & open with your decision, really makes me feel like y'all are focusing on quality of the game over just copying what's been done before. I LOVED JTL in the original game, but would rather keep the strong community as-is on the ground with future hope of JTL than make the current game suffer for an entirely extra project.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Love it guys/gals, thank you everyone for the hard work!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Can i have one hug and kiss from Vlada?
    Its all what im need right now and before to start another long-time waiting for JTL and Pre-CU SWG.
    Anyway, im know we will be victorious.
    IGN Kopalka (afk)
    Deliver Naboo Kaadara /way 5292 6235 (Storage vendor)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lamikgb View Post
    Can i have one hug and kiss from Vlada?
    Its all what im need right now and before to start another long-time waiting for JTL and Pre-CU SWG.
    Anyway, im know we will be victorious.
    As many as you need.

Play Stats
    Inactive

More thoughts .....

Well, after reading all this I thought I'd add my thoughts to all this.

First, I've been watching all you folks (devs) for 15 years (I think) and I'm just amazed at your dedication to this project, and if you release 1.0 with just the ground game (as I also understood this was the [new?] plan,) then I say CONGRATULATIONS! On job well done! Working 15 years on ANY project is a respectable feat, let alone doing so voluntarily and on your own time - WOW!

Second, to all you folks reading, if you think ****** isn't watching all this, then you're just plain wrong. I have also watched this amazing company, called ******, since I was a child (50+ years.) Watched it as it evolved and grew into one of the most long-lasting, able-to-evolve, successful mega-company's in existence today! I watched as they expanded World-Wide putting theme parks everywhere, developed their own (working) Time-share Vacationing business (one of the last that's even worthy of considering,) created a new successful non-****** film studio - Touchstone Pictures, and bought up 21st Century Fox, ESPN, ABC (American Broadcasting Corporation,) LucasFilms ("Industrial Light and Magic, Skywalker Sound, and Lucas Licensing",) LucasArts, and Marvell Entertainment. They are JUST launching their own (soon to be wildly successful) Streaming Media Service to compete on the stage with Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu, and I bet I'm not alone in this group as being one who has ALREADY signed-up and committed $7.99 per month to THAT!

****** sees how successful (and unsuccessful) SWG by SOE was. They also see all the OTHER StarWars Games, and NONE have the dedicated fan-base like SWG (are you kidding me? People (old people, like me) patiently waiting over a DECADE for the resurrection of a game!) I just bet, ****** sees, all too clearly, the fan-base's desire for a multi-faceted, multi-planet, multi-professional, multi-political, MMORPG Universe to house a VR environment where anyone can be their favorite Star Wars character (even one you invented) and interact with others on the same level. Yes, they know. They are assessing whether or not they can make really $$'s investing in such a large, clearly, long-term project, and watching OUR devs, part-time, investing YEARS into the same thing, must give them pause - it does me.

[Steps-off soap box] Here is what, IMHO, I think you should consider doing:

1.) Go forward and release 1.0 with just the Ground Game - and don't try and fix ALL the bugs. Set up a maintenance team to address those details after you release - if you can find willing volunteers.

2.) Consider getting JTL working just enough to allow:
    a.) People to own their own ships of their choosing, not based on Piloting skill, but based on their ability to pay for the components and have one built.
    b.) Finishing the Shipwright profession to allow someone to actually build the ships.
    c.) Folks to go to a starport and travel using their ship to another planet - directly.
    ... This I believe adds an "extra" desired element to SWGEmu.

d.) If it's possible, allow folks to "jump" into space, into orbit, plot a hyperspace course, and fly there.
    e.) allow them to "fly" to Space Stations and communicate with them, just enough to land at a specified Starport.

i.e. pretend that Space is just this REALLY peaceful place right now. No war, no pirates, no conflicts.

f.) if it's possible, work on allowing folks to mine asteroids for "other" precious materials needed for making advanced ships.

Yes, this isn't going to satisfy the First Person Shooters that want to blast things out in space, BUT it does provide an added Roll-playing facet that I believe I'm hearing people want. After-all, you brought back Pre-Cu for it's "roll-playing" ability - not for it's first-person shooter aspects. Am I correct?

Tuleen Donai
    Darykon Industries
    Tatooine

"We're meant to build the ships, you wish to fly!"

Play Stats
    14h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by TuleenDonai View Post
    Well, after reading all this I thought I'd add my thoughts to all this.

First, I've been watching all you folks (devs) for 15 years (I think) and I'm just amazed at your dedication to this project, and if you release 1.0 with just the ground game (as I also understood this was the [new?] plan,) then I say CONGRATULATIONS! On job well done! Working 15 years on ANY project is a respectable feat, let alone doing so voluntarily and on your own time - WOW!

Second, to all you folks reading, if you think ****** isn't watching all this, then you're just plain wrong. I have also watched this amazing company, called ******, since I was a child (50+ years.) Watched it as it evolved and grew into one of the most long-lasting, able-to-evolve, successful mega-company's in existence today! I watched as they expanded World-Wide putting theme parks everywhere, developed their own (working) Time-share Vacationing business (one of the last that's even worthy of considering,) created a new successful non-****** film studio - Touchstone Pictures, and bought up 21st Century Fox, ESPN, ABC (American Broadcasting Corporation,) LucasFilms ("Industrial Light and Magic, Skywalker Sound, and Lucas Licensing",) LucasArts, and Marvell Entertainment. They are JUST launching their own (soon to be wildly successful) Streaming Media Service to compete on the stage with Amazon, Netflix, and Hulu, and I bet I'm not alone in this group as being one who has ALREADY signed-up and committed $7.99 per month to THAT!

****** sees how successful (and unsuccessful) SWG by SOE was. They also see all the OTHER StarWars Games, and NONE have the dedicated fan-base like SWG (are you kidding me? People (old people, like me) patiently waiting over a DECADE for the resurrection of a game!) I just bet, ****** sees, all too clearly, the fan-base's desire for a multi-faceted, multi-planet, multi-professional, multi-political, MMORPG Universe to house a VR environment where anyone can be their favorite Star Wars character (even one you invented) and interact with others on the same level. Yes, they know. They are assessing whether or not they can make really $$'s investing in such a large, clearly, long-term project, and watching OUR devs, part-time, investing YEARS into the same thing, must give them pause - it does me.

[Steps-off soap box] Here is what, IMHO, I think you should consider doing:

1.) Go forward and release 1.0 with just the Ground Game - and don't try and fix ALL the bugs. Set up a maintenance team to address those details after you release - if you can find willing volunteers.

2.) Consider getting JTL working just enough to allow:
    a.) People to own their own ships of their choosing, not based on Piloting skill, but based on their ability to pay for the components and have one built.
    b.) Finishing the Shipwright profession to allow someone to actually build the ships.
    c.) Folks to go to a starport and travel using their ship to another planet - directly.
    ... This I believe adds an "extra" desired element to SWGEmu.

d.) If it's possible, allow folks to "jump" into space, into orbit, plot a hyperspace course, and fly there.
    e.) allow them to "fly" to Space Stations and communicate with them, just enough to land at a specified Starport.

i.e. pretend that Space is just this REALLY peaceful place right now. No war, no pirates, no conflicts.

f.) if it's possible, work on allowing folks to mine asteroids for "other" precious materials needed for making advanced ships.

Yes, this isn't going to satisfy the First Person Shooters that want to blast things out in space, BUT it does provide an added Roll-playing facet that I believe I'm hearing people want. After-all, you brought back Pre-Cu for it's "roll-playing" ability - not for it's first-person shooter aspects. Am I correct?

Tuleen Donai
    Darykon Industries
    Tatooine

"We're meant to build the ships, you wish to fly!"
    WoW your talking about ****** as if they have a hearth and cares for people? , reread your post a couple of times you will clearly see that its a evil monopolistic company.
    The only reason why ****** would watch this project would be to make money out of it or close it down.
    https://www.swgemu.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic167844_1.gif
    - - - - - - - -= www.nrnr.org =- - - - - - - -

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hmmm... Wow. Half-empty ... Half-full.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Get a smaller glass, then its full
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    At this point, I think Star Citizen (lol) will come out before JTL by a long shot. Regardless, I'm happy with and fully support the decision to focus on the ground game and 14.1 for a 1.0 server wipe release. I very much look forward to Suncrusher.
    Vendor Dropoff: -1899, -6596 IO, Tatooine

Inactive Code Contributors Loc-nar's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by chillaxe View Post
    Planets!
    of the apes? Doesn't sound very canon to me.
    -Locnar

Quote Originally Posted by Loc-nar
    Jedi don't ruin SWG, boot lickers and whiners ruin SWG.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Dev team,

Y'all are doing a fantastic job. Thank you for your time and talents. Thank you for sacrificing meaningful days of your lives just so we ungrateful few can play a game.

JTL Fans,

Be the change you want to see. Learn coding, get experience, put in effort to build your passion. Don't be angry when another doesn't share your passion, or doesn't share your priority. Especially if you're expecting them to gratify you for free. (yeah...that sounds dirty.)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Without JTL, SWG was (and continues to be) a terrible pseudo-MMO.

It's your project, and you're not beholden to anyone, but no JTL, no point.

Closed Thread

Thread Information