Closed Thread

Thread: SWGEmu - 1.0 and the future of JTL

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Lets recap, and I can't believe i have to type this...
    1. Former SOE, now Daybreak Game Company aren't going to give us anything. ****** and LA though, if we push hard enough might send us a cease and desist, if we're lucky. If not, a lawsuit that keep us in court for the rest of our natural lives, maybe longer.
    2. We are not going to use illegally obtained source code, not now, not ever. We're not even going to discuss it here again. (Don't do it, infractions and bans will follow)
    3. We're not giving up on anything, we're just trying to tell you what the situation is atm. If things miraculously change, we will of course let you know.
    4. Devs are not the bad guys, stop viewing them as such.
    5. This doesn't have to be a bad thing, it's just something that happened beyond our control, what we as a community do with it, is entirely on us.
    6. And maybe instead of pining over what might have been, get excited about what is about to be.
    Hugs and Kisses

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Have always thought leaving JTL till last was a sensible course of action, since the ground game has more than enough foibles to keep a team occupied for the next decade. It's a little disappointing to hear it's impractical to implement with the current engine, but also not really a surprise. That there's been as much progress on the ground game is miraculous enough.

Have also always thought it's a missed opportunity for the emulator not to correct some of the obvious flaws in the game as development proceeds, rather than recreating it bugs and all. Getting to Suncrusher/1.0 sooner is a good thing, as we'll finally be able to fix things like the broken skill mods, as well as pull in obvious, fairly non-controversial things like the Mustafarian Bunker. I know all that is still likely a year or more away, but without JTL it should be closer than ever.

As a ground game fan first and foremost it's easier for me to brush this off, of course, but I hope JTL fans can understand that this approach makes a lot of sense.
    Last edited by Mythor; 09-02-2019 at 04:29 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Lets recap, and I can't believe i have to type this...
    1. Former SOE, now Daybreak Game Company aren't going to give us anything. ****** and LA though, if we push hard enough might send us a cease and desist, if we're lucky. If not, a lawsuit that keep us in court for the rest of our natural lives, maybe longer.
    2. We are not going to use illegally obtained source code, not now, not ever. We're not even going to discuss it here again. (Don't do it, infractions and bans will follow)
    3. We're not giving up on anything, we're just trying to tell you what the situation is atm. If things miraculously change, we will of course let you know.
    4. Devs are not the bad guys, stop viewing them as such.
    5. This doesn't have to be a bad thing, it's just something that happened beyond our control, what we as a community do with it, is entirely on us.
    6. And maybe instead of pining over what might have been, get excited about what is about to be.
    Hugs and Kisses
    I very much appreciate all the efforts the dev team and everyone involved in the project has put in, I would like to thank you all very much, i feel lucky to be able to play this great game once again all these years later.

much love and hugs and kisses right back at you

Closed Thread

Thread Information