Closed Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu - 1.0 and the future of JTL

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Pretty sure you are like me - when you first played this game, there were no kids! Anyway, I’ve been and on again, off again player - and have come back after a spell and I gotta say - what an incredible, INCREDIBLE job you and the team have done. My respect -

Jodas (Corbantis)

Play Stats
    11h last 30d
    Actually JTL is already implemented. Simply open the Game Menu and click Credits.

Then take note of those names and be grateful that JTL could be a possibility at all.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    To the Devs,
    My dad and I fully support you and your efforts. We are active donors and wish to see this project come to completion.
    We have many fond memories of playing together on the original game and are grateful we are able to do so again together.
    Honestly, with how much bull you all put up with I'm shocked you don't say to hell with it all. Thanks for hanging in there.

Cheers for SWGEMU 1.0!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I see this as good news. JTL was nothing special imho - the ground game was and is what makes this game special and differs from the rest out there.

Thanks for the update and keep up the good work!

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Is it possible for JTL to be developed incrementally? I mean like just being able to fly around in x,y,z (which is probably a ***** to code). Then add collisions. Then add missiles and so on. Or does it have to all be done at one time?
    Not asking to stall the ground game for JTL. I agree with your decision. Just wondering if it can be done in stages if you get the right team to work on it.

Why has there never been another player centered crafting system sandbox mmo????
    Not a KOTOR.
    Last edited by Poobacca; 09-03-2019 at 12:14 AM.
    Please make drops to Poo's Booty Vendor at 806, -3900 on Corellia.

Play Stats
    11h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Poobacca View Post
    Is it possible for JTL to be developed incrementally? I mean like just being able to fly around in x,y,z (which is probably a ***** to code). Then add collisions. Then add missiles and so on. Or does it have to all be done at one time?
    Not asking to stall the ground game for JTL. I agree with your decision. Just wondering if it can be done in stages if you get the right team to work on it.

Why has there never been another player centered crafting system sandbox mmo????
    Not a KOTOR.
    AFAIK, the most basic space/ship flying (essentially atmospheric flight) allows you to fly around just as you should with some exceptions. And space terrain objects like asteroids have collision already.

It's just so much more than that. I think implementing JTL before 1.0 or even doing it in increments would inevitably lead to new groundscene bugs, therefor making 1.0 take longer.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    IDK about everyone else but I'll be honest and say I play on Bas (and have done for years) and I also play on an NGE server with JTL and I'm willing to bet a large amount of our player base are just like myself. In some ways I like the pure aspect of a ground game 1.0, but most importantly I just wanted to say to the Devs / CSR and all who contribute to this project - thank you, you enabled me to play the thing I loved. Thank you, and I'm super stoked about 1.0 even though it means losing everything I've worked for for years

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks for giving us clarification on the project. Always good to have direction and whats expected.

Excellent job so far guys.

CSR
    Play Stats
    690h last 30d
    First, I can't say thank you enough for dedicating your time to allow me the ability to play the game. I do truly appreciate it.

Speaking as somebody who can write basic code, and has tried getting into it on his own server -I know I'm definitely not a target for the type of developer you want. However, I imagine even lower level developers could help somehow? Many hands make light work?

When I first started trying to get into it one of the devs said (paraphrasing) "start by moving people around in x/y/z and try spawning things etc... Move from that to try to write a small screenplay". Coming from somebody who wants to help but who can't seem to bridge the distance between spawning stuff and moving things around in x/y/z (easy) to writing a screenplay (zomfg!) is there a recommended pathway or set of resources that could help or is it a waste of time and you'd rather just have mantis reports and nova-tests?
    Jaws
    CSR

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    One other thing that I have not seen anyone mention on the thread yet ( perhaps I missed it so someone can correct me if I am wrong ) Anyhow the largest point I'd like to make to the community is this. The dev team over the years has essentially recreated SWG from the ground up.

Now stop and think about what that really means for a minute. SWG took SOE years to develop themselves. They had as many developers as they needed working 8+ hours a day for years on this and they were being paid for it.

The dev team of SWGemu, has built this game from the ground up with out being paid and with out the backing of a multi billion dollar corporation to throw money where ever someone said it was needed. So truly everyone lets be grateful we have as much of swg as we do right now. While yes the project gets donations none of those donations actually make it into anyones pocket who is working on the project itself. All those donations go to pay for the server and other fee's incurred with the project.

So remember this is all done as a donation of time by anyone working on the project.

Lets just hope along the way someone who is capable of doing JTL decides to donate their time to the project and we can eventually have it!

TRADE Mall Tat /way 2194 -4573 [B]
    Vendor FiveOfFirst - Mini Suits

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks for letting us know the status and plans. You guys have been doing good work.

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    679h last 30d
    I'm happy that we have this much of the ground game. Yeah, space was nice and it would be fun to go back to, but what we currently have is better than nothing. I had all but given up on ever playing SWG ever again and this is already more than I could have ever asked for.
    Cherokaa - Master Weaponsmith | Bobvilakaa - Master Architect, WroshyrTech Industries

Vendors: 2644, -4436, Tatooine

Play Stats
    Inactive
    J Allen Brack can't possibly be too happy right now. Should give him a call
    Without Modthegalaxy we wouldn't be doing this.

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ultragigatank View Post
    J Allen Brack can't possibly be too happy right now. Should give him a call
    If I had his resources JTL would have been done years ago.
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Been mostly silently following this project since it was made public... despite the JTL news, I'm super happy we're almost there. We're in the final stretch boys (and girls)!
    SWG-Flurry | <DFR><LoS><KOE><TITAN><Merc> Big-N-Buff | Burn'ing Chaos | Big-N-Tough <Merc><TITAN><KOE><LoS><DFR> | SWG-Flurry

Closed Thread

Thread Information