Thread: [SWGEmu Event] Basilisk PvP Event - The Grip of the Empire

Play Stats
    Inactive
    PM me on discord or in game if youd like to learn more
    God Save the Rebellion

Play Stats
    658h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgol View Post
    Well, I'd take tips from an Imp too, I'm not proud! I do prefer drama free, but no problems talking with the enemy and swapping tactics. Is there no rebel presence at all currently then?
    The problem was the time on the events i could only participate in the first one wich most of the reb grp couldnt and we were atleast outnumbered 2 to 1 in the first event cant talk how the second one looked but i know some ppl from the first grp couldnt participate in the second run as thats gettling close to morning hourse for some of us

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryddenn View Post
    The problem was the time on the events i could only participate in the first one wich most of the reb grp couldnt and we were atleast outnumbered 2 to 1 in the first event cant talk how the second one looked but i know some ppl from the first grp couldnt participate in the second run as thats gettling close to morning hourse for some of us
    That is a fair assessment there the first event was really bad for the rebels there wasnt nearly enough experienced rebs out there to do anything
    The second one though was really sad rebels sat in a player made SF base spamming turrets and refused to participate in the event
    God Save the Rebellion

Veteran
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    On the bright side though there were what, probably close to 60 if not more total participants between both stages.

Last edited by Livy2K; 05-23-2019 at 12:20 PM.
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/jNsOu1T.png[/img]

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryddenn View Post
    First group made a better fight of it. Despite numbers. Respect.

And credit to the maturity from all the guys wanting to fight without drama, regardless of dying. It is a game... right. Nice to see people getting pumped on pvp again.

Thanks Hakry!

Developer
    Play Stats
    9h last 30d
    Thank you to everyone that came out and participated! It was much appreciated. Definitely got some good information/ideas and hope to apply them to future Events. If anyone has any screenshots, feel free to share a few!

Hakry
    Developer

Hakry@SWGEmu.com | Code Commits
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    658h last 30d
    MOM GET THE CAMERA!!! Im famous bot in Hakrys SS and Livys video

Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks for putting this event on Hakry.

Definitely looking forward to more. I think there's a lot to be learned from this one. As others noted, our biggest issue on the rebel side was numbers. Also, the location/setup of the cloner made it far too easily camped which makes regrouping and zerging much more difficult. I'd also suggest making the blue frogs buff for more comparable to doc/ent buffs you can get in almost any cantina.
    Finalizer Vendor - Grija's Glowstick Supplies, /way -130 -5670 Outside Coronet!

Developer
    Play Stats
    9h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Grija View Post
    Thanks for putting this event on Hakry.

Definitely looking forward to more. I think there's a lot to be learned from this one. As others noted, our biggest issue on the rebel side was numbers. Also, the location/setup of the cloner made it far too easily camped which makes regrouping and zerging much more difficult. I'd also suggest making the blue frogs buff for more comparable to doc/ent buffs you can get in almost any cantina.

Yeah I am going to look into Buff terminal changes if we can and make the cloners safer and not able to be camped.
    Hakry
    Developer

Hakry@SWGEmu.com | Code Commits
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Just a popular idea here
    Box in the event area so everyone has to play as a team and work for the objective instead of what happened this time
    God Save the Rebellion

Veteran
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by CanderousOrdo View Post
    Just a popular idea here
    Box in the event area so everyone has to play as a team and work for the objective instead of what happened this time
    Those people in the player dropped base outside of the event area to interfere with the proceedings didn't actually enter the event contest point so a wall wouldn't have helped much other than to make it more easy to ignore the trolling they were doing.

One cannot patch people unfortunately.

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    You guys seem really upset. Maybe you should take your hostility to the pit instead of trying to forum pvp in an event thread.

Veteran
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I don't think anyone's upset, more disappointed that people would purposely attempt to derail a staff event.

This is why we can't have nice things. The first event went great though if if there were lopsided numbers early on.
    Last edited by Livy2K; 05-23-2019 at 11:28 PM.

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Livy2K View Post
    I don't think anyone's upset, more disappointed that people would purposely attempt to derail a staff event.

This is why we can't have nice things. The first event went great though if if there were lopsided numbers early on.
    Sorry, you can not GCW Livy.

Play Stats
    39h last 30d
    Missed this event due to bad timing but watching the video I think the rebels that did participate deserves a high five instead of bashing on the forums *S*
    https://www.swgemu.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic167844_1.gif
    - - - - - - - -= www.nrnr.org =- - - - - - - -

Thread Information