Closed Thread

Thread: Feedback from my Choke tests

CSR
    Play Stats
    609h last 30d

Feedback from my Choke tests

So after Mezannine said choke implementation changed on TC (now Prime) I thought I'd test it out. The difference is....startling anyhow.

I'm seeing the following Choke values from Stalkers and Spellweavers I typically camp at the Stronghold on Bas. On Prime with the new choke settings (and no merge of the PSG reduction

NS Stalker [CL 96]
    AVERAGE: 172.8 damage per pulse

NS Spellweaver [CL 107]
    AVERAGE: 188.8 damage per pulse

Hakry mentinned the choke pulses 5x. So that's an average damage of 864 for a CL 96 mob and 943 for a CL 107 mob over about 30s. It seems to be about a 1.8 multiplier for the CL of the mob as to the severity of the pulse. That means an elder (CL 278) should pulse for an average of 500 damage (so 2500 damage in 30s or so) and a DJM would pulse for 523 which would be about 2600 pts of dmg over 30s).

For my (albeit limited) understanding of the mechanics there might be some initial mitigation based on your combat prof, but this is damage that isn't being reduced by anything once it pulses.

I gather there's a fix in place that has the PSG mitigate the pulses (https://review.swgemu.com/#/c/6511/), but it hasn't been merged. This fix seems in line with older mantis posts (https://www.swgemu.com/bugs/view.php?id=6748), https://www.swgemu.com/bugs/view.php?id=8036 that suggest that the PSG should in fact take a bite out of the pulses as well. " In these pre-cu screenshots you can see it only doing around 100 or less." when referring to NS attacks

Just my 2cents. I figure NS and DJM hunting will become fairly dang hard come the merge on Saturday. Maybe that's the goal, but if it's not hotfixed then we may be living with it for a good long while and the evidence (to me anyhow) points to having the PSG take a bite out of the choke.
    Jaws
    CSR

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

CSR
    Play Stats
    609h last 30d
    FWIW: some pictures showing the effects of the choke on my guy wearing a capped PSG with low encumbrance base 90 armor and the mob being intimidated

Jaws
    CSR

Developer
    Play Stats
    5h last 30d
    The Choke DoT should now correctly be reduced when wearing a LS resistant PSG on TC:Prime

You should see the original choke hit, with the PSG mitigation in the combat log. Then 5 following DoT hits to health at a slighty reduced value from the initial hit.

CSR
    Play Stats
    609h last 30d
    Should we not see a 66% reduction in the hit amount then?
    Jaws
    CSR

Developer
    Play Stats
    5h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Should we not see a 66% reduction in the hit amount then?
    You will only see the psg reduction of the DoT damage if the fix is on Prime. I'm not able to check at the moment, but it will be in the commit notes when you first login if it is.

Also you will not see mitigation combat spam for the DoT since the DoT is based off the initial damage that hits the player.
    Last edited by Hakry; 04-26-2019 at 06:50 PM.
    Hakry
    Developer

Hakry@SWGEmu.com | Code Commits
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

CSR
    Play Stats
    609h last 30d
    Looks like it merged yesterday. Whew. Thanks folks.
    Jaws
    CSR

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Now choke is unuseable in pvp against an opponent with a psg.
    While all the evidence in mantis says otherwise now ticks of 50 while standing and max 200 while kd'ed are the new normal.
    Until the recent commit everything was fine , yesterday on prime pvp choke worked with the damage values from the mantis evidence and now its reduced by 2/3. At worst there is now a 1:1 ration of damage done :forcecost.

Given the mantis evidence on pvp damage for choke i doubt it would be possible to find a single screenshot from live with pvp choke damage as low as it is since 1 hour on prime. And for what ? Afk Farming Nightsisters ?

Just for the record , there is not a single dot in the game that is affected by PSG's or armor. Now only the one that cost nearly 100 skillpoints to get .
    Last edited by Getoc; 04-27-2019 at 02:54 PM.
    IGN: Gettoc / Yah / Tennah / Sharres

Member of the <LIVE> family

CSR
    Play Stats
    609h last 30d
    As we discussed in genchat, the pve side of things seems to line up with mantis posts (and pictures) about typical damage pulses being in the 50->150 neighbourhood from non-elder NS's. I can verify I'm getting those pulses on Prime atm. Heck, a choke pulse of 148 mauled me while I was tabbed out.

Not sure what/if the fix is for pvp, but the pve side of things seems inline with old mantis posts.
    Jaws
    CSR

Closed Thread

Thread Information