Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: TC Prime Post-Mortem

Hybrid View

CSR
    Play Stats
    614h last 30d

TC Prime Post-Mortem

Just posting observations so you guys have it in one place. It seemed a little bit laggy until we started loading into Anchorhead. Once there response to commands started immediately being measured in tens of seconds then minutes.

I had 2 toons grouped and my swordsman didn't know he was dead, it was my rifleman that saw the swordsman's stats drop and the death screen. By then response times in chat were 5min14sec minimum. I tried cloning on the swordsman - he saw a loading screen around 7 minutes later. Then after another 7 minutes he appeared dead on the ground again instead of inside the cloning terminal. By then the rifleman had KraytKing appear on his head and insta-died. At this point I gave up.
    Last edited by Jaws; 04-13-2019 at 07:20 PM.
    Jaws
    CSR

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Moved to the correct section and thank you for your feedback. Much appreciated.

CSR
    Play Stats
    614h last 30d
    Thanks for setting up the event.
    Jaws
    CSR

How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    i'm still getting the system spam of 'kenshisan has already been invited to group'

Play Stats
    Inactive
    My experience was about like the OP's, All was well setting up, buffing, even flying out of theed into Mos Eisley wasn't bad. Once I had arrived in anchorhead, Lag city. Was knocked down with a group of people who also appeared to have similar issue. /stand command was not working, or what appeared to not work, after about 6-7mins my toon stood up. My only consensus on the whole thing, is lag, very extended one as commands where not firing at all, but did after 5-7 mins to just lag out on the next round of commands.

Was cool to see to say the least , was fun while it lasted.

Look forward to getting back in shortly
    /mood Patient
    Naboo/Theed /way -5961 3248 Military Outfitters
    Drop off Vendor: Tailor Components Vendor
    IGN: Wislim

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Same experience on my end - all fine traveling from Talus to Tatooine and there from Bestine towards Anchorhead. Upon reaching Anchorhead the lag started. Unable to get of my ride for quite a while and when I got down the lag increased. Eventually died "suddenly" from a Krayt that appeared out of nowhere. Guild chat as well as spacial chat did not respond either - took a long time for messages to get through. Still was awesome to see that huge Krayt in the far distance and so many actual people being around.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hope you collected data, to help with publish 10... However once arriving at Anchorhead... the lag was too heavy (30 to 50 seconds of lag) then lag got mush longer.. 5 -8 minutes...

Dbrock...

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbrock View Post
    Hope you collected data, to help with publish 10... However once arriving at Anchorhead... the lag was too heavy (30 to 50 seconds of lag) then lag got mush longer.. 5 -8 minutes...

Dbrock...
    Did you rejoin after we rebooted? Seems it was many times smoother after that...
    LordKator
    Developer

lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Did rejoin after the reboot - was slightly better but still was lagging badly when getting near the fray and the fighting (was pretty much unable to do anything). At least a +5 minute lag or more. When dying I could not get "cloned", was stuck in loading screen. Had to close the game and reload, then got back in. Also after the event, when everyone went to Naboo, I was unable to get there - stuck in loading screen forever, even several attempts at restarting the game did not resolve the issue and I gave up to join the party in Naboo eventually.

Hope that helps a bit.

Play Stats
    14h last 30d
    It Started so badly for many of us 1st we respond to call to land at Anchorhead to be slained before we loaded and the lag was insane, I gave up after 3 tries of loading back in but came to post my concerns and read the responses I had from Vlada and Fastburn "hang in there" so i kept trying and after a while I was able to load and things went incredibly smooth.

Loved the system messages from hakry "We are just too strong when we work together" but seriously we could also say "This project staff is the best there is" and you guys defenatly showed the whole SWG Community how good you all are "

tanx to Vlada and Fastburn for there pushes to keep trying
    https://www.swgemu.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic167844_1.gif
    - - - - - - - -= www.nrnr.org =- - - - - - - -

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I escaped Anchorhead the first time I ran all the way home to Eisley
    God Save the Rebellion

Developer
    Play Stats
    4h last 30d
    A huge mistake a lot of players make when they are in a area where there is lots of combat going on is having their combat tab open. That enough will lag the client up no matter what machine you are on due to the amount of data rolling through there.

After the restart things were very smooth. Some small delays here and there, but nothing like before.
    Hakry
    Developer

Hakry@SWGEmu.com | Code Commits
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    14h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakry View Post
    A huge mistake a lot of players make when they are in a area where there is lots of combat going on is having their combat tab open. That enough will lag the client up no matter what machine you are on due to the amount of data rolling through there.

After the restart things were very smooth. Some small delays here and there, but nothing like before.
    Mine was not opened and i still had 14 minutes delay on any of my actions when I landed to AH , when I was able to reload the game I used another toon to approach the area from Paradox having all my graphics as low as possible, when I got there you guys where about to reboot to apply the miracle fix , but what did you do exactly to get rid of this lag ?
    Last edited by Walking carpet; 04-15-2019 at 01:41 PM.

Play Stats
    609h last 30d
    Like everyone, first iteration was very laggy at AH, but not when first started in Eisley with all the folks there. After arriving in AH group/private chats for me lagged from 5-8mins. Had a case of sudden death when the lag caught up. Took about 15-20mins to clone. Cloned to 0,0 and attempted to drive to Espa and catch a flight to AH. Rubberbanded several times from 1000-1500m. Finally made it to Espa and got a flight to Bestine to drive down to AH. Still a bit laggy tho. Ended up driving to -300 -5600 (coords for the Krayt arena). Then server rebooted.

On the reboot, took about 3mins to login, but once logged in, the rest of the event ran very smoothly for me. Was able to put on a secondary toon in NIKA, and just had him dancing away with his droid out playing effect and music as well. From that point on, things went smooth until the “Cleanse of Theed” occurred. Only issue there was it took 3-5mins to clone then i ran as far and fast as i could away from the last “surprise”.

Was a great night, re-met a friend from 15years ago, XvT WOW days, awesome! Thanks for setting up!
    Nika Marketplace, Naboo 5915, 5915
    Dropoff 5900, 5858 Nika Resource Vndr
    Forum
    Discord

Play Stats
    14h last 30d
    Walking carpet;1580478]Salute him on behalf of NRN

when JTL hits us I want to start Weeks of War again im sure we can make this work

Closed Thread

Thread Information