Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [SWGEmu Event] Nova Under Siege - Friday October 19, 2018

Play Stats
    Inactive
    My one small complaint was that I went to 0,0,0 instead of the cloner when I died on Tat... It's a long trip back to civilization from out there. There were maybe 4 or 5 other players that went there as well. Other than that, I had a great time.

Developer
    Play Stats
    9h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunlake67 View Post
    My one small complaint was that I went to 0,0,0 instead of the cloner when I died on Tat... It's a long trip back to civilization from out there. There were maybe 4 or 5 other players that went there as well. Other than that, I had a great time.
    This is interesting to note. Will have to look into it. I have not heard of anything like this before but Nova is running the unstable branch so you never know what may show up!
    Hakry
    Developer

Hakry@SWGEmu.com | Code Commits
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Trying to think of some of the names that went out there with me... I think there were at least a couple of the dark jedi knights that were playing. I should have taken a screen shot.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sorry your DJ overlord was not there to help encourage a more positive event experience but i aparently fried a 2nd hard drive in my rush to try and make the event.
    LS, DS, nova or bas, theres always a few ppl who will cause issues... Just gotta roll with the punches sometimes.

Nova is generally a drama free zone, (enforced by both staff and community) altho the leash is usually given some slack during bas downtime. Dont let a few bad apples ruin it for you.
    Running solo during an event with an overt jedi is never a good idea..... Unless you are Touched that is 😁

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Walking carpet View Post
    <EV> dosent PvP on Basilisk so cant touch them ,im leader of the largest rebel guild of server yes i was stupid yo try Jedi in an event but my guild would never use such looser tactics if yo see one of my members doing so take a screenshot and send it my way and i will warn my member ,camping cloners and jumping with 3 DJK on the first to spawn is deshonorable, may not be against any rules but its an explot in my book, Wraken even denies being part of this even do hes on the midle of the picture , so it tells a lot.
    spawning in a shrine 3kms away each deaths is unproductive ,cloners should have been off limits to PvP so that rebels could have a chance to get back in the fight quickly but these guys decided to ruin the event for the rebels then so be it , side note -Revan Shan is not in these pictures cause I know hes honorable player and dosent attack un-armed players jedi or not, im sure Ryschi leader of the Imperial PvP forces of server would not approve of such behaviors either cause that's unhealthy and they worked hard to try to clean the pvp community doing such lazy things. that was killing pvp overall, you may not understand what honor means and think i take things too seriously but Honor and respect is the fuel that made my guild successful in many games for the past 22years

I gave you a legit answer. But it seems as if you ignored it to attack user. Who is a legit pvper. So I shall return that favour. Hitting the k key and removing knight would have fixed your problem. Which I suggest you should do. I for one have been clone camped while at war with a guild, more than once. I didn't come complain on the forums. I said lol in spacial and alted. From what I see you take the game way too seriously. Keep to pve imo. You seem too easily offended by pvp and take everything personally. If you wish to prove me wrong guild war <MTG>. I am one person, surely the largest rebel guild will find me no problem. And might harden some skins to corpse screenshots.
    Last edited by algebuckina; 10-21-2018 at 08:50 AM.
    algebuckina
    Event Coordinator Intern

How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    39h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by algebuckina View Post
    I gave you a legit answer. But it seems as if you ignored it to attack user. Who is a legit pvper. So I shall return that favour. Hitting the k key and removing knight would have fixed your problem. Which I suggest you should do. I for one have been clone camped while at war with a guild, more than once. I didn't come complain on the forums. I said lol in spacial and alted. From what I see you take the game way too seriously. Keep to pve imo. You seem too easily offended by pvp and take everything personally. If you wish to prove me wrong guild war <MTG>. I am one person, surely the largest rebel guild will find me no problem. And might harden some skins to corpse screenshots.
    dont worry Alger i never expected you to understand what a true international gaming club is like and yes we are PvP champions in space (with proofs) and will show it once we have ships to fly and well do it the right way. and no im not easily offended i just want a healthy playing environment for all, and I know many rebels that suffered the same faith at this event but remain silent well im here to put a voice on there thoughts. I even had a long chat with -Revan that also disapprove what Wraken did and i have screenshot of the conversation , its these litle things that killed pvp before and that are killing it again.
    NOTE: I think being able to have a guild on a server should be seen a privilege given by server owners and guild leader should set examples to there crews , Wraken is a guild leader that is not showing the right example, by lying out loud even doh we see him clearly on the pictures.
    Last edited by Walking carpet; 10-21-2018 at 12:04 PM.
    https://www.swgemu.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic167844_1.gif
    - - - - - - - -= www.nrnr.org =- - - - - - - -

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Everyone's entitled to their opinions, but let's please not turn an event thread into an argument about ethics in PvP.
    Farelli
    SWGEmu Admin

How to Report Bugs | How to Search Bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker)

Play Stats
    39h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Farelli View Post
    Everyone's entitled to their opinions, but let's please not turn an event thread into an argument about ethics in PvP.
    well Farelli I am done on the subject and I learned from the experience hopefully the others too so we can hold successful events in the future.

EC Staff must think of everything and i know this event was organized on a short notice and i do appreciate the effort you and LordKT have put in *S*
    Last edited by Walking carpet; 10-21-2018 at 01:01 PM.
    https://www.swgemu.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic167844_1.gif
    - - - - - - - -= www.nrnr.org =- - - - - - - -

Play Stats
    Inactive
    This event was heavily Hakry. I just threw some spontaneous, related NPCs at Coronet.

But yes, at the end of the day, Jedi is a whole new game, and one shouldn't go into it unprepared. It's unlikely that Staff will ever police clone camping, particularly on Nova.
    Farelli
    SWGEmu Admin

Play Stats
    Inactive
    And especially not for Jedi, who have so many optional places to clone.
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

Play Stats
    Inactive
    10/10 event, 10/10 thread. Looking forward to more events like this coming soon.
    algebuckina
    Event Coordinator Intern

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I was there, on Nova, for the event. Playing my character, who everyone I'm sure knows the name of. I have her on TC Nova as a DJK. I was killing the mobs along with everyone else. I did not CC anyone, not that its against the rules. I saw others do it, but I walked away. Excellent event. 10/10

Play Stats
    672h last 30d
    Wished this event was not annouced just 1 day before it occurs...
    https://tinyurl.com/4mbn92a3
    DROP /way corellia -454, 0, -5454
    Paintings Guide - POI Badge Guide

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Omens View Post
    Wished this event was not annouced just 1 day before it occurs...
    And yet, here you are 13 days after it ended, telling us you didn't get a long enough heads up... Some how I feel an earlier announcement wouldn't have helped

Jokes aside, we don't have an EC team. This event was just something two of our QAs made almost on the fly... Even I was there and spawned some ambush DJM... Felt (almost) bad when they killed someone, so ressed them...
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Yeah Hakry started planning it about 2 days before it occurred, and late the day before I threw out some ideas that resulted in the pre-event spontaneous spawning around Coronet.

It will be better in the future.
    Farelli
    SWGEmu Admin

Thread Information