Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [SWGEmu Event] Nova Under Siege - Friday October 19, 2018

Play Stats
    Inactive
    NEWEST INTEL: Imperial intelligence reports indicate some small probes have landed on Naboo, Corellia, and Tatooine. These probes contained no life forms, but we've seen this trick before. BOLO for non-biological entities in our key strategic cities on these crucial planets.
    Farelli
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to Report Bugs | How to Search Bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Those pods broke the space-time continuum... i'm stuck in a frozen universe, those nightsisters are really something! (aka server is frozen for me)
    -= Laflamme Evil Empire =- South of Mos Eisley, Drop-Off Vendor 3317 -7051

Play Stats
    39h last 30d
    Worst event ever!! for me tanx <EV> lead Wraken using lame tacticts camping cloners , i wanted to try a jedi since i never ever been one and didnt even get a lighsaber and went to coronet to get help and I ended up being killed repeatedly upon spawning

---
    Last edited by Walking carpet; 10-20-2018 at 03:57 AM.
    https://www.swgemu.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic167844_1.gif
    - - - - - - - -= www.nrnr.org =- - - - - - - -

Play Stats
    Inactive
    That was really fun, thank you!

Developer
    Play Stats
    9h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Walking carpet View Post
    Worst event ever!! for me tanx <EV> lead Wraken using lame tacticts camping cloners , i wanted to try a jedi since i never ever been one and didnt even get a lighsaber and went to coronet to get help and I ended up being killed repeatedly upon spawning

Why didn't you clone at a shrine?

Thank you all who came out! Appreciate the turnout we had and glad we got to run Nova with a little extra stress then it usually gets! Look forward to putting on more events in the future!

Hakry
    Developer

Hakry@SWGEmu.com | Code Commits
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thank you! Great fun The 3 Gorax had me dying! :3
    /tiphat

Developer
    Play Stats
    9h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Buuz Ound View Post
    Thank you! Great fun The 3 Gorax had me dying! :3
    /tiphat
    Glad you enjoyed it!

Hakry
    Developer

Hakry@SWGEmu.com | Code Commits
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

Play Stats
    39h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Hakry View Post
    Why didn't you clone at a shrine?
    just look at your pictures and see why thers only Imperials there , check in mine youll see the rebels being slained in cloners

Like I said I never tried Jedi so as soon as I chose Jedi in the blue frog i was teleported to Yavin , there I saw some players that where AFK so i checked my inventory and saw I had Jedi Robe and a crystal so I asked around to know how to get a lightsaber sine blue frogs dont seem to have any but no one answered so the call to land at coronet pad B was sent by the event coordonator so that what I did , the minute i spawn i got killed at landing and then i respawned in cloner to suffer the same faith 3 times , i tried talking to them i was really pissed this camping was allowed so I just logged out ,i had no clue how to respawn at a darn shrine and i probably sure it would have been camped as well , i call camping cloneng centers an exploit and it will be a while before you see me in an event again
    Last edited by Walking carpet; 10-20-2018 at 07:52 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive

---
    How did you get that colorfull toolbar?
    Chef:Food and Drinks / Bio-Engineer:Pets, Foods, StimPacks, VitalityPacks // Vendors @ -IO- Imperial Outpost Tatooine:/way -1924 -6596 Santee's Place

Play Stats
    25h last 30d
    just look at your pictures and see why thers only Imperials there , check in mine youll see the rebels being slained in cloners

Like I said I never tried Jedi so as soon as I chose Jedi in the blue frog i was teleported to Yavin , there I saw some players that where AFK so i checked my inventory and saw I had Jedi Robe and a crystal so I asked around to know how to get a lightsaber sine blue frogs dont seem to have any but no one answered so the call to land at coronet pad B was sent by the event coordonator so that what I did , the minute i spawn i got killed at landing and then i respawned in cloner to suffer the same faith 3 times , i tried talking to them i was really pissed this camping was allowed so I just logged out ,i had no clue how to respawn at a darn shrine and i probably sure it would have been camped as well , i call camping cloneng centers an exploit and it will be a while before you see me in an event again
    Welcome to PvP. Clone camping is not an exploit and there are either 4 or 5 shrines you can clone at on each planet, there is no excuse to keep dying like this.

You are part of one of the largest rebel guilds on the server right? There are many out there that can help you out with PvP
    Last edited by LQUser; 10-20-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Best part of this event was in Coronet. The robots had stopped spawning, so a light side jedi attacked a stormtrooper at the bazaar. Soon after he was attacked by 3 dark side jedi. It didn't take long before he was incapped and killed. I was standing there with my CSR character, so i revived the poor guy and he was instantly attacked again by the 3 imps. He was no longer buffed, so he went down again very fast, so naturally, i revived him again and I kept doing that for a long time. The imp where "WTF!" "Whats going on?" "Why don't you die???" "Can't you just stay down?" I stood there, but no one though about it, even the guy that constantly died understood what was going on. I was laughing my *** off.

When I finally told them what I was doing, we all had a good laugh
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    i call camping cloneng centers an exploit
    Let me explain. When you become a knight you become permanently overt. When this happens you can always be killed, no matter what. Kinda like thepit. The way around this is selecting a shrine in the cloning ui window where one would normally select a saved cloning point. These normally aren't camped cause people can't be bothered to go to them. If you choose to play knight, you choose to live with the consequences.

Edit cause off topic
    This was a heaps fun event. Had a ball getting 1 shot by djms and seeing people do some dumb stuff for the lols.
    Props to Hakry for giving us all a reason to goof around on a Friday/Saturday.
    Last edited by algebuckina; 10-20-2018 at 02:39 PM.
    algebuckina
    Event Coordinator Intern

How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I got 9 kills, some good fights and chases, but all in all It felt like the event was slanted in favor of the imperial players. Again the event WAS fun, but lightside forces could basically do nothing and I just wanted to take a second to illustrate how not-so-great that is for future reference.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I would recomend trying jedi when there is no event. You kind of asked for it.

Play Stats
    39h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by LQUser View Post
    Welcome to PvP. Clone camping is not an exploit and there are either 4 or 5 shrines you can clone at on each planet, there is no excuse to keep dying like this.

You are part of one of the largest rebel guilds on the server right? There are many out there that can help you out with PvP
    <EV> dosent PvP on Basilisk so cant touch them ,im leader of the largest rebel guild of server yes i was stupid yo try Jedi in an event but my guild would never use such looser tactics if yo see one of my members doing so take a screenshot and send it my way and i will warn my member ,camping cloners and jumping with 3 DJK on the first to spawn is deshonorable, may not be against any rules but its an explot in my book, Wraken even denies being part of this even do hes on the midle of the picture , so it tells a lot.
    spawning in a shrine 3kms away each deaths is unproductive ,cloners should have been off limits to PvP so that rebels could have a chance to get back in the fight quickly but these guys decided to ruin the event for the rebels then so be it , side note -Revan Shan is not in these pictures cause I know hes honorable player and dosent attack un-armed players jedi or not, im sure Ryschi leader of the Imperial PvP forces of server would not approve of such behaviors either cause that's unhealthy and they worked hard to try to clean the pvp community doing such lazy things. that was killing pvp overall, you may not understand what honor means and think i take things too seriously but Honor and respect is the fuel that made my guild successful in many games for the past 22years

Last edited by Walking carpet; 10-21-2018 at 12:34 AM.

Thread Information