+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Basilisk Maintenance - October 19th 2018

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreskel View Post
    Is there a way to put something in the game itself as a point of reference for how the donation pool is doing for that month. I check the forum from time to time, but people that play are more likely to be in the game than on the forums. Maybe have a Bacta tank of sorts that starts out red and goes green once the total is met for the month. It could be put at the entrance to the "main hub" starports. If not a tangible item in the world, maybe an in game email when we log in once or twice a month just giving a progress to date on the monthly total. It ends up being out of sight out of mind for me most of the time, to be honest. RL is weird.
    We should be friends.

Maybe have fireworks shoot out of it every time donation is made. I know a few people that would donate just to see fireworks go off.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I would think a server wide message whenever you zone into a new planet would suffice.

VENDORS /way 5745, 6166
    DROPOFF /way 5780, 6142
    I always sell partial bricks at 1cpu. Worth checking my vendors after a spawn is out.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    We should be friends.
    I like friends! In all seriousness though, and not to get all mushy and make this weird, this game helped me through some rough times back on the live server. The real world at that time, for me anyways, was not a fun place and Galaxies was my escape. Now that my real world life rocks and I figured out how to craft Imperial Gnades Efficiently (seriously that was far more complicated from the outside looking in) I would hate to see this end in some needless and quiet way. SWG means a lot to me personally and my little crew. I doubt I am alone in that. Those that have kept it going and made it better have my gratitude and respect. I hope to help in some way, even if its only financially. (Which I am working on getting permission from my better half)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    I know a few people that would donate just to see fireworks go off.

i would totally do that
    Last edited by Tyrson; 10-16-2018 at 08:17 PM.

/way -200 -5678 The Mall
    Current Stock

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I like friends! In all seriousness though, and not to get all mushy and make this weird, this game helped me through some rough times back on the live server. The real world at that time, for me anyways, was not a fun place and Galaxies was my escape. Now that my real world life rocks and I figured out how to craft Imperial Gnades Efficiently (seriously that was far more complicated from the outside looking in) I would hate to see this end in some needless and quiet way. SWG means a lot to me personally and my little crew. I doubt I am alone in that. Those that have kept it going and made it better have my gratitude and respect. I hope to help in some way, even if its only financially. (Which I am working on getting permission from my better half)
    Its the same reason for most of us, in one way or another
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Just wanted to give a quick shout to everyone involved for continuing to make this project happen! I haven't played in quite awhile but have tried to donate here and there. Will be there when 1.0 is ready!! \m/,

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I try to occasionally suggest donations in the Tat Planet channel, especially when returning players (to SWG) are ecstatic and thrilled that they can play the game again. You can set up a recurring monthly donation via PayPal like I've done so you don't need to remember to donate. If you play regularly like I do then just treat it like a regular subscription. Easy peasy.

Play Stats
    609h last 30d
    Is there a way to put something in the game itself as a point of reference for how the donation pool is doing for that month. I check the forum from time to time, but people that play are more likely to be in the game than on the forums. Maybe have a Bacta tank of sorts that starts out red and goes green once the total is met for the month. It could be put at the entrance to the "main hub" starports. If not a tangible item in the world, maybe an in game email when we log in once or twice a month just giving a progress to date on the monthly total. It ends up being out of sight out of mind for me most of the time, to be honest. RL is weird.
    ^ Oh i like that!!!!

Could you put up info (not just donation, but maybe other updates) on the GCW news terminals as well? Maybe have it flash or something to draw attention to it as well? Or even NPC barkers in spaceports shouting (within the limits of the spam rulz) something about it? I know there are ppl I interact with all the time that dont goto the forums unless they have issues, but that might ba another avenue to explore.
    Last edited by Misk Brebran; 10-16-2018 at 09:25 PM.
    Nika Marketplace, Naboo 5915, 5915
    Dropoff 5900, 5858 Nika Resource Vndr
    Forum
    Discord

Lead Core Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyus1 View Post
    I like some of these ideas, but personally, I think just having a monthly server-wide event would go a long way towards keeping people engaged.
    We're talking about ways we can make events happen more frequently. Nothing to announce right now but stay tuned.
    Ivojedi
    Lead Core Developer

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    ivojedi@swgemu.com | How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker)

Play Stats
    113h last 30d
    Ideas:

5 dollars - a decorative piece of art
    10 dollars - 20x super pups (can be sold, so people with lots of money will pay real money to buy these and sell them for lots of credit! Harness the power of the free market)
    20 dollars - 20x super stims (can be sold, so people with lots of money will pay real money to buy these and sell them for lots of credit! Harness the power of the free market)
    30 dollars - a cool piece of artwork (can shift every quarter to keep interest up) - cannot be traded
    40 dollars - a cool rug (can shift every quarter to keep interest up) - cannot be traded
    50 dollars - a city enhancement that lasts 1 month, it increases a cities bonus (Improved Job Market, Research Facility, Stronghold...)
    100 dollars - a unique crystal for jedi (can be sold, so people with lots of money will pay real money to buy these and sell them for lots of credit! Harness the power of the free market)
    1000 dollars - you get god mode for a week

IGN Shyloe, and Cydonia. Drop-off vendor located @ /way 6188, 6206. NIKA Marketplace.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Too much P2W. Donation rewards would have to be things that have zero impact on gameplay. Furniture/decorations/vehicles maybe... but stims and *shudders* god mode... no way that’s fair.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Donation rewards have been suggested, by myself even. They simply can't risk the potential legal issues that could be associated with misinterpretation of a donation and a paid service.

I do love the ideas for system wide benefits though then no one gets anything for donating, everyone gets something if the goal is complete though. Like the idea for faster shuttles or something.

Anything in game to inform players of the status of donations for the month would be an asset though I think.
    Last edited by Bladestonez; 10-16-2018 at 10:30 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    SWG was my first mmorpg, and is still my favorite game of all time. No game has scratched that itch in the 13+ years we've been apart,
    until I joined the swgemu on 4/20/18. I was one that intended to donate to the cause, but always ended up forgetting or procrastinating.
    This thread was the "kick in the ***" I needed to finally pull out the plastic and show my appreciation in a tangible way. I probably would
    not have seen this, if it were not for the recent Mobyus' video. So, shout out to that young swiper.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladestonez View Post
    Donation rewards have been suggested, by myself even. They simply can't risk the potential legal issues that could be associated with misinterpretation of a donation and a paid service.

I do love the ideas for system wide benefits though then no one gets anything for donating, everyone gets something if the goal is complete though. Like the idea for faster shuttles or something.

Anything in game to inform players of the status of donations for the month would be an asset though I think.

Even without the legal issues, there's major gameplay, balance, and moral issues doing it. I guess the whole "pay to win" thing is starting to become the norm nowadays, but any slight advantage someone can get in this game with money would be met with picket signs. I'd probably be holding one too.
    reoze
    Developer

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | mIRC Guide | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by reoze View Post
    Even without the legal issues, there's major gameplay, balance, and moral issues doing it. I guess the whole "pay to win" thing is starting to become the norm nowadays, but any slight advantage someone can get in this game with money would be met with picket signs. I'd probably be holding one too.
    oh I agree my suggestion was basically to copy vet rewards with a price tag. But I understand why it's not a good idea, just too risky. And I would be right beside you as far as pay to win, that stuff sucks.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information