+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 133

Thread: Basilisk Maintenance - October 19th 2018

  1. #16
    Have to say I did not realize things were this tight. I'm not on the forums all that often but I do play somewhat consistently and have never donated.

    I've set up a recurring $50 a month donation; will up it to $100 on the 1st of the year (2019) if things are still going strong.

    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Garrud; 10-15-2018 at 07:03 PM.

  2. #17
    つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Take My Energy つ ◕_◕ ༽つ - and my donation

  3. #18
    Great work SWGEmu devs, i will give what i can.

  4. #19
    Dedicated Misk Brebran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Kaadara, Naboo
    Posts
    771
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyus1 View Post
    Thx Mob great (yes and somber) vid! I see you Kaadara SWIPErs out there! Come visit NIKA more often, its a fun place to play!!!

    I have other questions, since this post should be more about funding than the bickering its caused (eye on the prize ladies and gentlemen).

    Is SWGEmu set up as a non-profit organization (501c3 per us tax code) or is it possible to do so?

    Next, to what extent is the emu allowed to collect funds (i.e. Ad based support, GoFundMe, etc)? I noticed it said non-profit on the paypal page.

    Last, are there any emu members who can provide services the group instead of having to pay each month for them (lawyers, accountants, etc)?

    I hope we can all come up with some creative solutions to the problem maybe to help with it on a long term basis. We do have a great think tank here so we should use it.

    Gotta go order pizza now. Thanks!!

    Caio!!
    Last edited by Misk Brebran; 10-15-2018 at 09:12 PM.
    NIKA Marketplace
    Drop-off 6162, 6291 Kaadara, Naboo
    Discord Listing
    Forum Listing

  5. #20
    The Vlada Vlada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Elephant Graveyard
    Posts
    33,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Misk Brebran View Post
    Thx Mob great (yes and somber) vid! I see you Kaadara SWIPErs out there! Come visit NIKA more often, its a fun place to play!!!

    I have other questions, since this post should be more about funding than the bickering its caused (eye on the prize ladies and gentlemen).

    Is SWGEmu set up as a non-profit organization (501c3 per us tax code) or is it possible to do so?

    Next, to what extent is the emu allowed to collect funds (i.e. Ad based support, GoFundMe, etc)? I noticed it said non-profit on the paypal page.

    Last, are there any emu members who can provide services the group instead of having to pay each month for them (lawyers, accountants, etc)?

    I hope we can all come up with some creative solutions to the problem maybe to help with it on a long term basis. We do have a great think tank here so we should use it.

    Gotta go order pizza now. Thanks!!

    Caio!!
    SWGEmu is a registered NPO in Hungary atm. We have always used PayPal, and only PayPal to collect donations. This is the first time in 14 years we've openly asked for them.

    The Vlada


    vlada@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.
    Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs | How to Report a bug

  6. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    SWGEmu is a registered NPO in Hungary atm. We have always used PayPal, and only PayPal to collect donations. This is the first time in 14 years we've openly asked for them.
    No shame in asking for it Vlada... I know it's not an easy thing to do but when it's needed it's needed. We are all here harvesting labors of your hard work and of SWGEmu fruits just keep on doing what you guys do
    Chef:Food and Drinks / Bio-Engineer:Pets, Foods, StimPacks, VitalityPacks // Vendors @ -IO- Imperial Outpost Tatooine:/way -1924 -6596 Santee's Place

  7. #22
    Dedicated Misk Brebran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Kaadara, Naboo
    Posts
    771
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    SWGEmu is a registered NPO in Hungary atm. We have always used PayPal, and only PayPal to collect donations. This is the first time in 14 years we've openly asked for them.
    Understood. Is it permissible to raise funds through other avenues? Ads on the forums might help as a long term staple and using something more broad like GoFundMe might give the emu legs to reach a larger audience if those are techniques are allowed.

    Has anyone ever asked about professional services, like on a pro-bono or donation (as in per hr) basis? Id love to help, but Im a biologist/military aircrew civilian instructor so i dont think i would be much help in those realms. Would the dev crew be open to that type of assistance from the community if they came forward?

    Just tossing around ideas here
    NIKA Marketplace
    Drop-off 6162, 6291 Kaadara, Naboo
    Discord Listing
    Forum Listing

  8. #23
    Developer
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    632
    Quote Originally Posted by Misk Brebran View Post
    ...

    Gotta go order pizza now. Thanks!!

    Caio!!
    If everyone who played on Bas just skipped one pizza a month and donated that money we'd be fine.

    Food for thought...
    LordKator
    Developer

    lordkator@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

  9. #24
    The Vlada Vlada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Elephant Graveyard
    Posts
    33,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Misk Brebran View Post
    Understood. Is it permissible to raise funds through other avenues? Ads on the forums might help as a long term staple and using something more broad like GoFundMe might give the emu legs to reach a larger audience if those are techniques are allowed.

    Has anyone ever asked about professional services, like on a pro-bono or donation (as in per hr) basis? Id love to help, but Im a biologist/military aircrew civilian instructor so i dont think i would be much help in those realms. Would the dev crew be open to that type of assistance from the community if they came forward?

    Just tossing around ideas here
    Honestly we stayed away from Kickstarter, gofundme and any other site like that because we are waling a very thin legal line. We were allowed to exist only because of a verbal agreement our founders had with SOE. So we always tried to stay low key. Collecting donation only through our webpage and only by paypal.

    As for professional help, like accounting and or lawyers... Hmmm other than a few offers of hardware donations, we never really got any offers for that. Or at least i wasnt made aware there any.

    The Vlada


    vlada@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.
    Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs | How to Report a bug

  10. #25
    Developer
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    72
    Know any C++ developers?
    reoze
    Developer

    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | mIRC Guide | Submit a ticket

  11. #26
    The Vlada Vlada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Elephant Graveyard
    Posts
    33,000
    Quote Originally Posted by reoze View Post
    Know any C++ developers?
    with free time on their hands that they are willing to donate?

    The Vlada


    vlada@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.
    Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs | How to Report a bug

  12. #27
    Dedicated Misk Brebran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Kaadara, Naboo
    Posts
    771
    Quote Originally Posted by lordkator View Post
    If everyone who played on Bas just skipped one pizza a month and donated that money we'd be fine.

    Food for thought...
    My wife and kids would make sure im in the cloning facility, permanently, lol, but i get your point. =}

    What about COS play, star wars/sci-fi fan exposure?
    Last edited by Misk Brebran; 10-15-2018 at 10:50 PM.
    NIKA Marketplace
    Drop-off 6162, 6291 Kaadara, Naboo
    Discord Listing
    Forum Listing

  13. #28
    Dedicated Misk Brebran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Kaadara, Naboo
    Posts
    771
    Quote Originally Posted by reoze View Post
    Know any C++ developers?
    I will ask around. Looking for a specific number of people?
    NIKA Marketplace
    Drop-off 6162, 6291 Kaadara, Naboo
    Discord Listing
    Forum Listing

  14. #29
    The Vlada Vlada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Elephant Graveyard
    Posts
    33,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Misk Brebran View Post
    I will ask around. Looking for a specific number of people?
    One would be a great start.

    The Vlada


    vlada@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.
    Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs | How to Report a bug

  15. #30
    Newbie Bladestonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    South Dakota
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    with free time on their hands that they are willing to donate?
    it's been a very very long time and I was never terribly great but I would be willing to study back up on things. Can't promise my ability stacks up to the job but I would love to help if I can.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts