Closed Thread

Thread: Basilisk extended downtime 08/09/2017

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by PigGeneral View Post
    There is no acceptable answer in this day and age. The concept of losing your DB backup is where I'd laugh someone out of an interview.
    This could have been prevented if they just installed Gentoo.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I think it's easy to be an armchair critic and get upset as to why you think x or y should have happened. What would be harder would be to empathize with what the team is going through while developing a game.

In my mind you have to prioritize what is most important and I doubt redundancy is at the top of their list right now. I mean it's been stated many, many times that this is a development phase so don't get to attached to any technological terror you have constructed.

This event was not only possible, but should have been expected.

My thanks the the developers for all the hard work. I had my doubts long ago as if this project would get off the ground and I have been surprised how much it has soared.

Pub 9 represents a day long anticipated and I think represents the majority of the ground game as I remember it long ago. The development and implementation of jump to lightspeed will have some affect on the ground game but is mostly indirect.

A wipe is not the end of the world or the game for that matter, its a new beginning.

Closed Thread

Thread Information