Closed Thread

Thread: Basilisk extended downtime 08/09/2017

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by flugel76 View Post
    I'm not asking you to care. I bet you'll care if it turns out to be true though.

And I hope it's not. I hope I'm wrong. But you simply cannot deny, whether you care or not, that it's just too big a coincidence to not be suspect.

At any rate, it's a lesson to everyone involved with this project. If the official EMU server can "accidentally" wipe......then ANY server can "accidentally" wipe. So don't be fooled by anyone who tries to tell you "our server will NEVER wipe".
    Your argument has merit, but equally, if you're pushing the most anticipated publish possibly since the start of this project, you want a lot of people to test it and give feedback ASAP. Wiping the server is going to delay feedback by months.

I reckon that just as many people will come back to the game for Pub 9 as would do for a server wipe, so I get the feeling its in the best interests of the devs in moving this project forward to restore the databases, rather than some ulterior motive to wipe the server. My belief is that they told us a wipe was possible was more of a 'full disclosure' type deal to be transparent with us that it is a possible option if the databases are not recoverable.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Huge thanks to everyone on the team for the work you're putting in to fix this!!

Also thanks for keeping us updated
    Last edited by BlackStarWizard; 08-10-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information