Closed Thread

Thread: Basilisk extended downtime 08/09/2017

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by hybridtheory View Post
    I just think IF there is going to be a wipe they minds well address some other things too like ADK's and the amount of toons we are allowed, if not the server will be back in the same position 1 year from now, minds well make these changes to insure longevity while you have the chance! This thread here : https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198706 Really does well to highlight the benifits of a wipe for testing purposes not to mention the changes would help as well!
    I think you are far too optimistic in that thread.
    While it most certainly can be the case that people will actually play the niches, there is at least an equal chance that people will revert to cookie cutter templates without the room for experimentation.
    And lets be honest, I played from start till a little over NGE, and not once did I think to myself : "I really wish we had those carbineer debuffs right about now". Did you? Those things are not needed. They are nice to have, but most certainly not needed.

It is a real challenge for Basilisk and its Devs. The target audience is different from what it was during the launch of the game and there is a fair chance that decisions that worked 13 years ago on a playerbase of several hundreds of thousands of people are not the best choice today.
    In fact, some of those choices did not work back then, considering the fact that virtually every 'dedicated' crafter or support character I knew was running at least 2 accounts.

This games player (or really character) driven economy needs a certain critical mass to be viable.
    And that is why this possible wipe has me a bit worried. If too many people quit over this, we might have difficulty reaching that.

Luckily most people here, including myself, do not seem to be too upset about this situation.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by DDSilver View Post
    In fact, some of those choices did not work back then, considering the fact that virtually every 'dedicated' crafter or support character I knew was running at least 2 accounts.
    Yup, my main on the SOE server was dedicated crafter. I had 2 accounts. hell there was a guy in my guild that was paying 165 bucks a month to have 11 accounts. Mostly for AFK sampling.

Closed Thread

Thread Information