Closed Thread
Page 22 of 56 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Basilisk extended downtime 08/09/2017

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Fissile View Post
    Can we just ban user comments and keep it fresh for mods/Devs to post updates on the free service and how it is going. Trawling thru rage is getting tiresome.

Locked still, good lock? Bad lock? What's happening?
    ya, id vote for 1 thread thats just official info. none of this knee jerk crap from the masses. there are plenty of other thread/places for that.

and i for one think vlada's meme was spot on. as usual

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I love Vlada!
    Vendor near poly on tat
    6311 3862

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by PigGeneral View Post
    I love how the moderator reply to "why isn't there any backups? why is a single raid-array considered the only redundancy solution? Are other solutions being considered?" when the core part of said free service is data, is condescension.

Really sets the tone for why skeptical players should donate.
    Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Falls off my chair laughing. Good one Vlada!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by flugel76 View Post
    I'm not asking you to care. I bet you'll care if it turns out to be true though.

And I hope it's not. I hope I'm wrong. But you simply cannot deny, whether you care or not, that it's just too big a coincidence to not be suspect.

At any rate, it's a lesson to everyone involved with this project. If the official EMU server can "accidentally" wipe......then ANY server can "accidentally" wipe. So don't be fooled by anyone who tries to tell you "our server will NEVER wipe".
    Who is trying to fool anyone though?
    |Finalizer| Jeffster Jeff - Master Doctor | JeffsterI Jeff - Melee Stacker

Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by chen- View Post
    ya, id vote for 1 thread thats just official info. none of this knee jerk crap from the masses. there are plenty of other thread/places for that.

and i for one think vlada's meme was spot on. as usual
    I vote for this.^ Hell with all the boot licking and dev bashing alike. i just want to see the updates on the situation. Lets move on either way. I got about as much to loose as anyone. I am M&M ARMOR MUGGY AND MUGANE. Bring the wipe if need be. I have totally understood from day 1 i am just a tester and the server could be wiped at any given time whether its by accident or on purpose
    Last edited by waynea; 08-10-2017 at 08:00 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    i kind of hope there is a wipe , everyone on even playing field will be nice. I stand to lose a few years of playing time and millions of credits and loot , but I'll gladly sacrifice it for a clean wipe .

I do feel the HD backup thing is kind of a let down , being an IT guy , there really isn't much excuse for this happening . USB drives are cheap , amazon S3 cloud storage is about 50$ a month for 2 TB ... but hey its a free project , and I don't run it so there is that.
    IGN : Mineralx | Drop Off Vendor : 1KM Outside CNET near LIVE City @ /way 187 -5719

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by flugel76 View Post
    I'm not asking you to care. I bet you'll care if it turns out to be true though.

And I hope it's not. I hope I'm wrong. But you simply cannot deny, whether you care or not, that it's just too big a coincidence to not be suspect.

At any rate, it's a lesson to everyone involved with this project. If the official EMU server can "accidentally" wipe......then ANY server can "accidentally" wipe. So don't be fooled by anyone who tries to tell you "our server will NEVER wipe".
    You should be a movie critic for a living, because clearly you arent unhappy enough with your life, or the world at large. Willing to bet almost everyone here would come to terms with a wipe whether it be accidental or on purpose in probably 2 hours on login. Sure we'd be disappointed but just being alive in the community again would dispel all of that. That is something you clearly never had the opportunity to experience or you wouldnt be this bitter. Make some friends dude

Play Stats
    Inactive
    We are in the process of making sure the DB loaded correctly everyone be patient.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    We are in the process of making sure the DB loaded correctly everyone be patient.
    As I said, best April fool in august Ive ever known

Play Stats
    Inactive
    *holds onto the arms of the chair waiting....bas is up ...kinda...*waits patiently....

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by sugarlizard View Post
    Good lord the paranoid types are out in full force. I wholly get that a good percentage of our population range from socially awkward to autism spectrum to flat out mental illness, but sometimes it's hard not to want to grab these people by the shoulders and scream "SNAP OUT OF IT!" The sheer amount of entitlement and paranoid delusions both on the forums and on the community discord is quite staggering.
    Yeah i dont get all the pitchforks being waived around, it was made very clear from the start that Basilisk is a test server. There were no planned wipes, but that doesn't mean there wont be any. Heck they may not even lose the data anyway. I have seen a lot of people who have the most to lose on the server being very accepting to whatever happens. Im due to lose one of the server best weapons and if Basilisk wipes it wipes, no need to grab my pitchfork. We can still rebuild our lego kingdom, this can even be a "practice" run for when Suncrusher launches.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    10:05 AM Thursday HAST time zone (Hawaii Time) Login server let me in but I am unable to connect to the galaxy...

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post

*points up ...pay attention...*prays it loads correctly

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Wipe it ! Wipe it ALL (including names) I Say !!!

Closed Thread

Thread Information