Closed Thread
Page 12 of 56 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Basilisk extended downtime 08/09/2017

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow30 View Post
    +1 for wipe.

Introducing Jedi into an environment similar to what Suncrusher will be for testing is as good as you will get from a meaningful feedback standpoint IMHO. I'd also be a fan of tossing in some cash to help get the additional hardware where you all would want/need it moving forward on the push towards Suncrusher.

Thanks!
    Erm, how?
    It will take players longer to get to the village.. and complete village grind. Therefore it will take longer for any bugs to be stumbled upon, test and ironed out.
    Please tell me how a wipe will benefit testing? because I don't see it.

Play Stats
    Inactive

Question Jedi

I'm still kind of new so I don't know. But if all that is required to start being a Jedi is to get a couple badges and master a class, then it does worry me that the server will become overloaded with Jedi and not enough bountyhunters to counteract it if there's a whipe.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by birdmanyo View Post
    I'm still kind of new so I don't know. But if all that is required to start being a Jedi is to get a couple badges and master a class, then it does worry me that the server will become overloaded with Jedi and not enough bountyhunters to counteract it if there's a whipe.
    Its more complicated than that. The requirements to get the old man visit mean you have to have done a few of the end game things like the corvette or DWB.

Then you have to be able to survive dathomir. The village takes months to complete and then you unlock a Jedi.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Ok cool that sounds better.. also I wonder if there will be player bounties on others besides Jedi..in the Publish 9:secrets of the force redux under "events , dungeons, etc", it states "added player bounty hunting" doesn't just say Jedi, but who knows.. I'd love to see more pvp

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyCierra View Post
    The problem with character restrictions is that requires a large player base to test correctly, Basilisk lacks the large numbers to do this well or correctly.
    Can we agree that the playerbase has sufficiently tested having the majority of their characters test the hell out of surveying? I am SO tired of seeing literally hundreds of zombie miners in the main cities.

Since we can only have 2 on at a time anyway, I see no reason to have more than 2, period. Unless you can provide some insight? Remember we still have the ghost town of Nova if you need to "test" anything instantly.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Vote, if you can't get the data in a week and it looks like it will take a long time then wipe. Not a big deal, most of us are here for the long haul... and are from the old sony days... so we know **** happens.

Thanks for all the hard work the dev's and testers have put into it so far.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by birdmanyo View Post
    Master four classes. They don't tell you which four. So you have to guess, and hope. Later down the road Sony introduced Holocrons, which told you one of the classes you had to master. You could use three of them to figure out 3/4 of your classes (out of a possible 32). The fourth Holocron was "silent", so the only way to become glowy was to keep mastering classes until the old man showed up. So, no, it's NOT just "master a class and you get a glow bat, pwn brrt".

Play Stats
    Inactive
    You cannot control hardware failures. You also cannot control the need for a required wipe. You have done all this work on nothing or minimal donations, none of us have anything to complain about, and you certainly don't need to apologize. Thank you for all you've been doing for us hopeless SWG addicts, all these years, and we appreciate your future work for us as well. Anyone who says otherwise is a worthless rebel scumbag, and the Empire has more work to do. o7

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by jdi View Post
    i dont see how. you can only have 2 characters online at a time so having 10 characters doesnt effect the online player base. plus there is a test server where you can instantly be any prof you want if someone actually wants to test. i personally have never seen, spoken to or heard of anyone actually testing anything on bas ever.
    i really dont understand why its even debatable if 14.1 is the goal. why get every insignificant nuance of the game down perfectly but ignore something that has such an immensely large effect on the entire game?
    Likely because this game's playerbase and its target audience have changed significantly over the years.

One of the biggest differences between 19 year old me and 33 year old me is about 4 hours of game time a day.
    If I have to spend more then half of the little time I do have looking for dancers and doctors who's numbers will be decimated by such restrictions, I'll be gone within a month. Though that's just me off course.

Anyway, the devs have the numbers, and they have been doing a great job so far. So I have faith they'll make the right call.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Did not expect to see this when I woke up. Maybe we just weren't ever meant to get jedi.

Do what ever you have to do devs, we support you.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by DDSilver View Post
    Likely because this game's playerbase and its target audience have changed significantly over the years.

One of the biggest differences between 19 year old me and 33 year old me is about 4 hours of game time a day.
    If I have to spend more then half of the little time I do have looking for dancers and doctors who's numbers will be decimated by such restrictions, I'll be gone within a month. Though that's just me off course.

Anyway, the devs have the numbers, and they have been doing a great job so far. So I have faith they'll make the right call.
    fully agree
    drop off vendor Tatooine /waypoint 1882 -5008

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by captainstormy View Post
    Its more complicated than that. The requirements to get the old man visit mean you have to have done a few of the end game things like the corvette or DWB.

Then you have to be able to survive dathomir. The village takes months to complete and then you unlock a Jedi.
    This is incorrect. You don't have to have done the DWB or Corvette...you need to have done Jabba's Park, IMP or REB park, Nym's Park and the Warren. And then a bunch of badges. You can substitute the Vette for the Warren or a themepark
    http://www.covenantofthephoenix.com/...i-information/

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Keep up the good work guys. We'll all be here when the server comes back.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    "I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened."
    Brohen Aco <Dark Force Rising>
    Craftto (Master Architect)
    Vendor Drop off: Mos Eisley, Tatooine, 4724 -4796, BE Pet Vendor

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I want kittens, a free respec, milkshakes every time I log in, vlada poll dancing, at least a freaking back up of data done a week, SEM to have 1 afker per high end site, the Debs to let me know how to farm djm more efficient, buell to be funny again, hybrid to up his meme game, scurby to run the nude mod and wrestle veplo in coronet cantina every Tuesday and yenz to lend his hammer to me every other weekend.

Closed Thread

Thread Information