Closed Thread
Page 48 of 56 FirstFirst ... 38 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Basilisk extended downtime 08/09/2017

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'm so excited! How long does the merging process typically last?
    Piehunt

Retired SWGEmu Staff Mistress Aerea's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by pie123 View Post
    I'm so excited! How long does the merging process typically last?
    There's no way to tell. Usually merges take a good part of the day, then for the next few days the server is fairly unstable and goes up and down a lot.

This time, however, things are probably going to take a lot longer. I imagine there are some extra backup precautions being taken, and a new navmesh system to load. All of that will add hours and hours to the down time.
    Guild Matriarch
    Flourish <FLO>

Soon™

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I have my fingers, toes, and a few other "random" body parts all crossed to send the server some good luck. Hopefully it comes up soon, its starting to hurt a little
    drop off vendor Tatooine /waypoint 1882 -5008

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Very excited for this update. This will definitely go down as one of Basilisk's most historic and memorable moments. This update will be very exciting for a lot of people. I know Jedi being in the game comes with its own set of issues, but there's no doubt that the first handful of months after Publish 9 will be a blast (and hopefully well beyond). I'll be playing Sonic Mania while I wait. =)
    Last edited by Corden53; 08-15-2017 at 03:19 PM.

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Corden53 View Post
    Very excited for this update. This will definitely go down as one of Basilisk's most historic and memorable moments. This update will be very exciting for a lot of people. I know Jedi being in the game comes with its own set of issues, but there's no doubt that the first handful of months after Publish 9 will be a blast (and hopefully well beyond). I'll be playing Sonic Mania while I wait. =)
    I would love to disagree with this, but since you didn't specially say "one of the best moments" (at which point I would have pointed out other moments that could surpass this one) I have no choice but to agree with you.

Though, I like to think that the biggest reason this is so memorable as you want to call it, is not solely because of Jedi (although that plays a big factor) but because there was so much at stake here since the server just as easily could be wiped. There is no shortage of people that want this server to be wiped, just like there is no shortage of people that want Jedi to be on the server. The wipe will lead to players leaving, but also people coming, and implementation will lead to some people coming back. No matter which way it goes, lots of people will be happy and a not-so-small amount of people will be disappointed or pissed.

(Funny how literally no one has commented on the fact that Corvettes are going to be in)

Swoops | Droids | SEAs | Misc - LufushWorks - -4230 4942, Naboo

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Aerea View Post
    ...and a new navmesh system to load.
    What is this and what does this do for the project? It sounds like it does something.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    ecp, a navmesh is what aids mobs in pathing. It lets the bad guys go around a rock, for instance, instead of through (or getting stuck in).

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ecp View Post
    What is this and what does this do for the project? It sounds like it does something.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navigation_mesh

an abstract data structure used in artificial intelligence applications to aid agents in pathfinding through complicated spaces.

Sounds like improved pathing of NPCs and mobs.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Ahhhh, thanks!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunkson View Post
    I would love to disagree with this, but since you didn't specially say "one of the best moments" (at which point I would have pointed out other moments that could surpass this one) I have no choice but to agree with you.

Though, I like to think that the biggest reason this is so memorable as you want to call it, is not solely because of Jedi (although that plays a big factor) but because there was so much at stake here since the server just as easily could be wiped. There is no shortage of people that want this server to be wiped, just like there is no shortage of people that want Jedi to be on the server. The wipe will lead to players leaving, but also people coming, and implementation will lead to some people coming back. No matter which way it goes, lots of people will be happy and a not-so-small amount of people will be disappointed or pissed.

(Funny how literally no one has commented on the fact that Corvettes are going to be in)
    I did leave out "best" for a reason. I admit, I tried to remain neutral and a bit vague on my opinion on Jedi being finally being implemented as a whole. As I said, there's a host of issues and concerns associated with Jedi in Star Wars Galaxies. It's been discussed to death in game, on Youtube, the forums and so on. I have really no interest in discussing it further in this thread and being a killjoy for people awaiting the update. The game for me has grown a bit stale in its current state, so I definitely look forward to the new content--even if it brings consequences. There's no doubt that for a large amount of people on the server Jedi and JTL are highly, highly anticipated implements. Jedi is certainly more controversial than JTL because it can still affect those who choose to ignore it. But I'm getting off topic.

I'm just glad the update is finally almost here. I'm sure a lot of people are glad the wipe didn't need to happen (as of yet, anyway), but it wouldn't really bother me if it had.
    IGN: Xaelvik

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Soon.....
    Cryva
    BTF
    Ahazi 2004

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Running out of pr0n to watch, waiting for server to go back up.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tunkson View Post

WOAH! Corvettes are going to be in?

SWGEmu Retired Community Relations bigevil's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    "- Added the Corellian Corvette dungeon and associated quests and loot"

Retired Community Relations

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Is what I am doing in the game wrong? How do I know? If in doubt, contact Staff.

SWGEmu Guides and Helpful Links / complaint@swgemu.com for violations or complaints / LIVE Support

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by bigevil View Post
    "- Added the Corellian Corvette dungeon and associated quests and loot"

There is a berserker rifle out there with my riflemans name written all over it!

Closed Thread

Thread Information