Closed Thread
Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 33 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 53 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 645 of 828

Thread: Basilisk extended downtime 08/09/2017

  1. #631
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    144
    Great job! very happy indeed for the Devs that they've managed to retrieve the database and hope the stress testing will confirm it's all good and the project can move forward on Monday. Good luck!


  2. #632
    Lead Developer
    Join Date
    Dec 1970
    Posts
    748
    Quote Originally Posted by IxeStarwind View Post
    That's great news! so , whats the new back-up disaster recovery plan for the long term? were new drives purchased? Amazon S3 50$ for 2TB monthly? some other plan in place? I would hope there is some cloud option. it would be good to know if this has been discussed so we don't have a repeat of the situation . thanks for all your hard work.
    There will be a post mortem post with solutions when the dust settles.

    theanswer@swgemu.com | www.swgemu.com
    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    SWGEmu FAQ | Install SWGEmu | Report Bugs

  3. #633
    Junior Member Dbrock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    134
    So probably no Wipe then...

  4. #634
    Admin Vlada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mustafar
    Posts
    32,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Dbrock View Post
    So probably no Wipe then...
    Oh there still is gonna be at least one, just later.

  5. #635
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    81
    jtl later or when dust settles :-p

  6. #636
    thanks for tuning out the noise getting the job done. it ain't always easy.
    Manky Fundoshi
    -640 -2951
    Corellia

  7. #637
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    198
    Quote Originally Posted by ebayne View Post
    thanks for tuning out the noise getting the job done. it ain't always easy.
    lol, we are an intense bunch of autists lol

  8. #638
    Dedicated
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    555
    I just want to have some beers and a sangwich with vlada!!!
    Vendor near poly on tat
    6311 3862

  9. #639
    Admin Vlada's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mustafar
    Posts
    32,355
    Quote Originally Posted by Edbacca View Post
    I just want to have some beers and a sangwich with vlada!!!
    You wouldn't enjoy a sangwich with vlada. Vlada is a bit hard to swallow and digest, bitter AF too.
    Last edited by Vlada; 08-12-2017 at 11:46 PM.

  10. #640
    Inactive Code Contributors Loc-nar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Posts
    1,402
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    You wouldn't enjoy a sangwich with vlada. Vlada is a bit hard to swallow and digest, bitter AF too.
    How about hookers and cocaine on the island that is well funded with the dough that was for new SSDs but went to Dev Island rent?
    -Locnar


    Quote Originally Posted by Loc-nar
    Jedi don't ruin SWG, boot lickers and whiners ruin SWG.

  11. #641
    Any update as to whether they will have to revert to Friday's database?

  12. #642
    Dedicated Fissile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    seeker droid failed
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Oh there still is gonna be at least one, just later.
    we can all delay our sip from the poison cult chalice. for now.


    Drop-off: Fissile's Drops /wayp -200 -5675 Corellia

  13. #643
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,243
    Quote Originally Posted by Fissile View Post
    we can all delay our sip from the poison cult chalice. for now.


    Does the chalice from the palace still hold the brew that is true?


    "The Court Jester"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4Ow69QWJmo

  14. #644
    Dedicated Fissile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    seeker droid failed
    Posts
    574
    Quote Originally Posted by Chui View Post
    Does the chalice from the palace still hold the brew that is true?


    "The Court Jester"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4Ow69QWJmo


    loved that.


    Drop-off: Fissile's Drops /wayp -200 -5675 Corellia

  15. #645
    Quote Originally Posted by IxeStarwind View Post
    That's great news! so , whats the new back-up disaster recovery plan for the long term? were new drives purchased? Amazon S3 50$ for 2TB monthly? some other plan in place? I would hope there is some cloud option. it would be good to know if this has been discussed so we don't have a repeat of the situation . thanks for all your hard work.
    Using object storage like S3 for a live databases is not a good idea. Read up on the differences between object storage and block storage. Object storage is great for things that need to be read frequently and written infrequently. A live data base is being written to often, this makes it a horrible choice for a data base.
    Last edited by wren; 08-13-2017 at 01:45 PM.

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts