Closed Thread
Page 42 of 56 FirstFirst ... 32 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Basilisk extended downtime 08/09/2017

Play Stats
    Inactive
    You guys are frickin Awesome!! Thanks so much for your hard work over the last couple of days!
    Abbas'ka

Abba Industries Wpns Depot in the South Eisley Mall
    3538/-5609, Mos Eisley, Tatooine

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Awesome work!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    True professionals 🖒 Thank You!

CSR
    Play Stats
    676h last 30d
    Thanks for the update guys. Keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by nasher1984 View Post
    First, thank you so much for your hard work and your team. Second, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! WIPE THE DANG SERVER!
    They have repeatedly said it is NOT in the interests of the dev team to wipe at this point - it was a worst case scenario.
    Jaws
    CSR

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thanks Miz! Glad you guys managed to pull it off.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Well in the worst case we could have had blue frogs which basically means keeping all of those too common legendary t21s and ADKs really isn't important at all:P We probably would have read about swgemu billionaires jumping out of buildings with a sad sad story taped to themselves HAHA

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Damn me and my friends were really looking forward to coming back to SWG solely based on the news of a possible fresh server. But happy for everyone that is established there and won't lose their gear and stuff.

Good luck to everyone!

Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Miztah View Post
    Alright folks, update time. We've managed a recovery of the database and we've got everything copied over to our new SSD's. We're letting Bas run for the weekend as a stress test on the database to ensure there is no corruption that didn't pop up initially. This means that for this weekend, Basilisk is going to remain on Publish 8. We're looking to give the Publish 9 merge another shot on Monday, assuming all goes well over the next 48 hours. We'll update regarding Pub9 closer to monday when we know for sure.

In the meantime, continue on Basilisk as you normally would. We'll be keeping an eye out on our side for any potential stability issues.

Keep in mind that we're still doing integrity checks on the database, if we run into any database corruption between now and then it's very likely that any progress you make this weekend will be lost when we revert to a backup. This is not guaranteed to occur, but be aware that it is definitely a possibility.
    Good work, very much appreciated, I work in IT myself and I know how much backup and restores are tricky things!

Play Stats
    545h last 30d
    I am now reminded to back up my own SSD
    Manky Fundoshi
    Necesito Practicar
    Accepting Ranger Contracts

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ebayne View Post
    I am now reminded to back up my own SSD
    Better living through SWGEmu

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Miztah View Post
    Alright folks, update time. We've managed a recovery of the database and we've got everything copied over to our new SSD's. We're letting Bas run for the weekend as a stress test on the database to ensure there is no corruption that didn't pop up initially. This means that for this weekend, Basilisk is going to remain on Publish 8. We're looking to give the Publish 9 merge another shot on Monday, assuming all goes well over the next 48 hours. We'll update regarding Pub9 closer to monday when we know for sure.

In the meantime, continue on Basilisk as you normally would. We'll be keeping an eye out on our side for any potential stability issues.

Keep in mind that we're still doing integrity checks on the database, if we run into any database corruption between now and then it's very likely that any progress you make this weekend will be lost when we revert to a backup. This is not guaranteed to occur, but be aware that it is definitely a possibility.
    That's great news! so , whats the new back-up disaster recovery plan for the long term? were new drives purchased? Amazon S3 50$ for 2TB monthly? some other plan in place? I would hope there is some cloud option. it would be good to know if this has been discussed so we don't have a repeat of the situation . thanks for all your hard work.
    IGN : Mineralx | Drop Off Vendor : 1KM Outside CNET near LIVE City @ /way 187 -5719

Play Stats
    1028h last 30d
    Very well done devs!
    A question: basilisk is 1.1 TB of memory? That much? Wow!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Awesome news. Thanks to the entire dev team, but especially TheAnswer, for working so hard to recover the database. Excellent job. Fingers crossed that the server survives this weekend stress test.

Reead / Gustavos / Dorfim of WRATH
    Worst Pistoleer-Squad Leader-Bounty Hunter on Bria since 2003

Play Stats
    Inactive
    great job guys. you are truly a cut above the rest. thank you for all of your hard work and dedication.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Thank you profusely to the entire dev team for their hard work. Its a shame in a way that the rest of us who benefit from your efforts don't get a better view
    of all the time and effort that goes into a project like this so that we would better appreciate the effort. Thanks for making this game possible for all of us to enjoy!

Vikko
    Vikko, Jhonto, Tsotsi, Shango, Janya, Gurdun, Rafe, Sa'ahanaia, Chaallo & Dawkk

Closed Thread

Thread Information