Closed Thread
Page 35 of 56 FirstFirst ... 25 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Basilisk extended downtime 08/09/2017

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by dannuic View Post
    There was a point where we only had Nova. That was back when cRush and kyle were around, before ivo.

There was also a server called Liberator sometime just before the OR hit.
    I remember hearing about the project and sitting in ****** World with the family. I was signed up before the night end and about died when i got all of the installs correct and loaded into theed. Glorious times.
    Lonstetti Gorhime
    Gruka Gorhime
    Drop Off: BH Armor Depot CNET 300 -5572

Play Stats
    433h last 30d
    Liberator, home of the swimming mobs and players standing around Theed trying to remember how to move.
    Manky Fundoshi
    Necesito Practicar
    Accepting Ranger Contracts

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by rwp389 View Post
    If i remember correctly, which i may not, there was at one point only 1 server up. It may not have been called nova, but it was a test server type. We couldn't do anything except run around theed and fly tie fighters sub orbit. The SWGemu team has made an amazing amount of progress. I am very happy that this game is being revived and will be playing for the rest of my years most likely.
    First we had row of trainers in Anchorhead and that was about it for months, after that we had Theed days, then object restructure started and Nova was turned into a play server. When OR code needed testing Nova became a test server again and Liberator was launched. When OR was "ready" for mass testing, Liberator was st down and we launched Basilisk.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    First we had row of trainers in Anchorhead and that was about it for months, after that we had Theed days, then object restructure started and Nova was turned into a play server. When OR code needed testing Nova became a test server again and Liberator was launched. When OR was "ready" for mass testing, Liberator was st down and we launched Basilisk.
    Vaguely remember anchor-head, but again it was a long time ago. Good times for sure!
    Lonstetti Gorhime
    Gruka Gorhime

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by rwp389 View Post
    Vaguely remember anchor-head, but again it was a long time ago. Good times for sure!
    More than a decade ago.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Jeez I remember that, we've come a long way since then.

Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    I started playing when basickly all we did was duel in theed Dath was about the only other place we could go and we looted crazy dotted weapons

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    More than a decade ago.
    Wow. Wow. That made me feel old.
    Firewarrior/Farsun

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by waynea View Post
    I think most of the people on bas has no idea of what nova is about. At one point we only had nova. I Built and maintained a city through 3 wipes. Most all players lived in my city. We had fun. Devs would spawn NS, Gorax etc in the city occasionally. we crafted we competed. Ivojedi loaded in, his first time playing and walked to my city and gave me a hacked crystal. nova iS no difrent than bas. You can go there and do the same thing with an effort. But lets get 2 chars on bas now. NOVA is a place to where you can play your style what ever it is. We had med center cantina combat every thing that bas has
    Some fabrication; some truth...

Cool srory tho.
    Scurby
    QA Leader

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Live Support | Mantis (Bug Tracker)
    scurby@swgemu.com | Gerrit | Jenkins

Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Scurby View Post
    Some fabrication; some truth...

Cool srory tho.
    Could you elaborate on the fabrication please

Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    so you are calling it fabrication because i made a mistake on the server name at that time and because he dont remember it may have been liberator and the city was either world trade or New hope on Naboo
    Last edited by waynea; 08-11-2017 at 03:44 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by waynea View Post
    so you are calling it fabrication because i made a mistake on the server name at that time and because he dont remember it may have been liberator and the city was either world trade or New hope on Naboo
    Relax, a community is a community, until we pick each other apart. Changing the direction of conversation is the best way to avoid conflict. Peace and Prosperity.
    Lonstetti Gorhime
    Gruka Gorhime

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykikk View Post
    when i read that 10 toons helps "testing" it ust cracks me up. I bet most of the people with that many toons are just too impatient to wait on others to help them out.
    I'll take that bet. Go on, try mastering a crafting profession and getting high-grade resources, crafting SEAs and everything - and do it faster than an established crafter can give you whatever it is you wanted to craft. That ought to keep you occupied for a while.

Heck, I'll make it easy on you and let you pick a server that isn't emulating the exact level of grinding required to master a crafting profession.

For reference, my own experiences as a crafter:

- Got one of my 8 characters on Basilisk partway through Doctor across the span of two years (I wasn't in a hurry to get anywhere). That character happened to be as close to a full template as any of them ever got, and between my insistence on not using factories and my lack of quality resources, he couldn't possibly have competed with a dedicated doctor.

- Mastered Droid Engineer and Medic (no doctors this time, though - my precious few character slots were otherwise occupied) on Empire in Flames within the server's first month. The reduced XP requirements and the fact that I didn't have to go through Artisan first sped things up quite a bit, as did the fact that I actually felt like finishing my templates for once. On the other hand, the fact that I had to harvest a good chunk of my resources myself slowed me down; with sufficient funding, I'd estimate it would now take me a week or two. (Good luck getting the existing crafters to part with their stockpiles of high-grade resources like Figaate, Fesi or Efuunine, though - we had some great luck with the resource spawns early on.)

- Currently in the last stages of mastering Structures Trader on ******* so that I can RE my own ship parts - not to mention the fact that starship equipment on that server is obscenely expensive. (Which may be related to the fact that everything on that server, most importantly resources, is obscenely expensive.)
    European RPer. Tried to move on to greener pastures, wound up amidst an empire in flames instead. Oops.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I started playing during the Theed trainer lineup thing, watching Gm's spawn in Darth vader in a shuttle to punish the rebel scum was amazing

Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    My point in the above post is you people that want 10 chars can go live on nova for the purpose of testing and basically do the same exact thing as here create you a city gather players create 10 chars and test every thing you want to test. testing is not nessaerly searching for bugs on your end its you doing what you enjoy doing. if you do stumble on a bug report it but just have fun. I thought i designed the above to enlighten ppl that dont understand nova . I personally dont care if we wipe or change char limit. The post was not about me fabricating or a misspelled word or a un doted eye

Closed Thread

Thread Information