Closed Thread
Page 31 of 56 FirstFirst ... 21 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Basilisk extended downtime 08/09/2017

Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Same reason why we wouldn't allow anything from Basilisk to be carried over to Suncrusher. I mean, do you really want overpowered ADK'd items that were maybe product of some bug or an exploit that existed during the testing stage to carry over to a permanent play server? Or bazillions of credits that are already ruining the economy? No, everything that happens on test servers must die with those test servers. When we launch a permanent play server, everyone needs to be on even ground and have equal chance so succeed.
    Got to agree with this.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    There is a lot of hype about a possible wipe that is reeling in a lot of old/returning/new players that would love to start on an even playing field.

Maybe you guys want to keep all your epic loot and billions of credits, but I think for the long term growth of SWGEmu and Basilisk in general a wipe would be in the best interest of a majority of the community.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by aDubble View Post
    There is a lot of hype about a possible wipe that is reeling in a lot of old/returning/new players that would love to start on an even playing field.

Maybe you guys want to keep all your epic loot and billions of credits, but I think for the long term growth of SWGEmu and Basilisk in general a wipe would be in the best interest of a majority of the community.
    A wipe would only help if they reduced the character limit down to 2, otherwise the server will be in the same spot for these players that dont wanna play it now within a year.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Bordiga View Post
    The two characters point in particular, force folks to really work out the details of the niche professions that are currently just alt-bots
    Wishfull thinking.
    The chances are at least equal that the reduced room for experimentation will force people into cookie cutter builds.
    While the argument keeps stating that we NEED the niches, this is mostly untrue. And what we do need, a very small amount will suffice to saturate the server.

Also people seem to forget that in live, where one or two character slots allowed for a vibrant and successful economy, those responsible for that economy where running multiple accounts to circumvent that character limitation.
    Something that is currently forbidden.

The amount of completely "dedicated" crafters, doctors and dancers where not as high as people seem to remember.
    There is no reason to assume they will be today.

With a bit of luck though, there wont be a wipe. And this is a non-issue right now.
    Probably best for testing purposes. Which is still what Basilisk is for.

Shame, I was just getting used (and looking forward to) to the idea of a wipe.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by buellronin View Post
    Circumventing the profanity filter is against the top....you r Lucky my I'm not a.moderator.....or I'd strike you down....or at least delete your savage post..clean it up in the future and ull do just fine in here
    Been around here a little longer than you but thanks for caring. 8-)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    ...I mean, do you really want overpowered ADK'd items that were maybe product of some bug or an exploit that existed during the testing stage...
    First I was scared about a wipe because all time and Items were gone... but if I read this I realy think that a wipe would be a great restart...

Play Stats
    Inactive

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by hybridtheory View Post
    A wipe would only help if they reduced the character limit down to 2, otherwise the server will be in the same spot for these players that dont wanna play it now within a year.
    That would be terrible for solo player and mostly afk guilds like my guild :P We can never maintain an improved job market without 10 toons.
    Last edited by Tulak_Hord; 08-11-2017 at 10:49 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    when i read that 10 toons helps "testing" it ust cracks me up. I bet most of the people with that many toons are just too impatient to wait on others to help them out.
    this whole idea of SWG is to help each other (as long as in the same faction) as well as have a aplayer driven economy.
    which is built around supply and demand. right now this balance is broken because mostly, nobody needs anything because most can produce / built / harvest everything themselves.

when playing time becomes a factor of calculating prices again, we will see a much better scenario... at least thats my hope. and if not... ah well. itīs a game.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Having less characters per account increases the need for niche professions to be mained by a player, like smuggler for example, for 99% of the people on bask that use it, its just a slice bot, logs in to slice, logs out when done, but with 2 characters players will play it as their profession not just a bot, they will play the pistol tree, the will craft the spice, ect they will test the class more thorough then the hundreds of people just using it for a bot to slice their gear, not to mention it would make the profession viable for a player to main as right now nobody needs another player for slicing cause all the crafters have their own.

You can read more up on the Advantages to testing that 2 character limit would offer here: https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198706

This artical only barley glaces on how much of a play-ability improvement would come to the server as well and mostly focus's on the benefits to testing!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I think the economy (soırry I dont know the economy of precu in live) is just fine since we can farm credits wih missions. If char limit gets reduced who will spare a toon for afk ent doc buffs ? You will not be able to find even buffs when you need them. Btw we are expecting jedis aren't we ? say bb to non jedi pvp
    Last edited by Tulak_Hord; 08-11-2017 at 11:13 AM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I sure picked a bad time to return to SWGEmu... well, unless there's a wipe. Then it's a good time.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulak_Hord View Post
    I think the economy (soırry I dont know the economy of precu in live) is just fine since we can farm credits wih missions. If char limit gets reduced who will spare a toon for afk ent doc buffs ? You will not be able to find even buffs when you need them
    A lot of ATK doctors have given up on trying to provide buffs cause MULTIPLE automated bots are doing it for free in every major med center, we used to have atk docs in the med centers all the time! Does nobody remember the favorites like selenay?

AFK bots have killed players drive to go out and fill these rolls, before the afk bots were around we had buffs and there will always be people wanting to play that aspect of the game!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I don't think you will find any great difficulty getting Ent and Doc buffs, there are players who *like* playing those classes ATK and offering their services. They are not apparent
    now because they are lost in a sea of AFK buffbots and have given up on their favourite professions. I know I will have a Entertainer running even if I get only 2 slots to play from.
    Vikko, Jhonto, Tsotsi, Shango, Janya, Gurdun, Rafe, Sa'ahanaia, Chaallo & Dawkk

SWGEmu Retired Community Relations bigevil's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Wow missed lots of overnight shenanigans.

As much as I would not mind a wipe as a wasteland loving ranger (think no houses ), I think it benefits testing of the jedi implementation to have it survive. Lots of resources and prep were made by dozens if not hundreds for jedi. We can get straight to it faster this way. I love a fresh start too, but we need to stay on target for now.

...and I saw the comment of 10 toons for testing as silly, your off course. People have tried dozens of toons and pulled back many issues that would have never been found otherwise. It was necessary, and if the Devs/QAs deem it still, then it should live. We need to put less emphasis on play fun and focus on progress....this from a true community guy like me.
    Retired Community Relations

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Is what I am doing in the game wrong? How do I know? If in doubt, contact Staff.

SWGEmu Guides and Helpful Links / complaint@swgemu.com for violations or complaints / LIVE Support

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by bigevil View Post
    Wow missed lots of overnight shenanigans.

As much as I would not mind a wipe as a wasteland loving ranger (think no houses ), I think it benefits testing of the jedi implementation to have it survive. Lots of resources and prep were made by dozens if not hundreds for jedi. We can get straight to it faster this way. I love a fresh start too, but we need to stay on target for now.

...and I saw the comment of 10 toons for testing as silly, your off course. People have tried dozens of toons and pulled back many issues that would have never been found otherwise. It was necessary, and if the Devs/QAs deem it still, then it should live. We need to put less emphasis on play fun and focus on progress....this from a true community guy like me.
    10 toons on nova and 2 toons on basilisk problem solved!

Closed Thread

Thread Information