Closed Thread
Page 30 of 56 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 40 ... LastLast

Thread: Basilisk extended downtime 08/09/2017

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by terribleoneace View Post
    Anyone who wants a wipe is broke...and guess what...give it a year and you'll be in the same situation. I'd want a wipe too if I were broke and bad at this game.
    I agree other then if they change 10 characters to 2 then I welcome a wipe. I got a rank 4 city and shuttleport and exceptional weapon +multiple adk's to lose, its worth 2 character per account though.

Play Stats
    1h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by lurch1313 View Post
    Just a thought, but i read a few people are REALLY wanting a wipe because the Economy was broken. Is that due to there being 10 character slots vs. the normal 2?
    no one HAS to rely on others to proceed, and can "solo" most aspects of the game.

Tho i assume the 10 characters is for server testing and getting the greater number of probabilities the fastest. < ? maybe ?

IF there is a wipe , would you think less toons per account would help the overall game dynamics ?
    Even if we get a wipe who said we will get les char slots. I think we will still get 10 slots. we are not playing this game for ourselves we are playing it to test all professions and 10 slots/chars fits the bill atm. I'LL have alot to loose if a wipe occurs so i dont want a wipe unless there is some changes made like adding in more Ackley which was fairly easy to find in live and on several planets including naboo at this period. and cut the 10 char slot to 2 so that alot of the combat afk is minimized. and a wipe will level out the playing field . but i fear that's not going to happen even if we do get a wipe. The only good thing a wipe will do for me personally is ill get to change one of my chars species.
    Last edited by waynea; 08-11-2017 at 03:16 AM.

Play Stats
    32h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Bordiga View Post
    Probably because he makes excellent points and the thread was locked out of blind adherence to forum rules rather than a consideration of productive discussion.
    So I guess you're saying a wipe will help the project?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedge15 View Post
    So I guess you're saying a wipe will help the project?
    Guess it doesn't need to be a wipe, just limit to two characters and removal of ADK. You tell me how you think that should be implemented without a wipe.

The two characters point in particular, force folks to really work out the details of the niche professions that are currently just alt-bots

Play Stats
    32h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Bordiga View Post
    Guess it doesn't need to be a wipe, just limit to two characters and removal of ADK. You tell me how you think that should be implemented without a wipe.
    No, you tell me what work you've done on the project's development.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Cyborg 10 View Post
    Star Wars Galaxies: A community divided.
    New expansion?
    Final boss is a forum post?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Everybody knew a wipe was coming, but no one knew when. We have been doing the same thing over and over with the same characters over and over again. If they wiped the server upon publish 9 it would make a mad race to Jedi from tons of players as well as a mad race to Jedi killer weapons. I think the players who have the best weapons/armor/loot are afraid that instead of being cozy with their position they will have to play even smarter than before.
    Livers and kidneys get weak over time, and smokers lose their life force. Would it really be that bad if the ones that had the easiest time getting to what they perceive to be the top had to try and prove it again? I created my character within 5 minutes of this server's inception, climbed to the top, got bored with the game, took a year or 2 off here and there... Most of the legendary weapons on the server are from the early patches during loot bugs and using exploits, so forgive me if I dismiss your easily attained advantages. LET'S MAKE IT EASIER ON THE DEVS AND ASK FOR A WIPE

Play Stats
    516h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Swilliams View Post
    New expansion?
    Final boss is a forum post?
    Is the quest reward a banhammer?
    Manky Fundoshi
    Necesito Practicar
    Accepting Ranger Contracts

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedge15 View Post
    No, you tell me what work you've done on the project's development.
    Zilch. Doesn't reduce the credibility of the criticism, much as I can criticise a football player for making a poor play while simultaneously not being an athlete. The ability to produce content is not the same ability to critique content. The times where such ability precisely aligns is fairly rare and has a special name.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I would be OK with a wipe too, and broke I am not.
    :X: Weaponry
    +20FS Repair (SB), +15FS Exp +25/+25/+25
    THE Mall
    - Tatooine /way 2194 -4573
    Drop-off /way 1889 -4716

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Anyone who wants a wipe is broke...and guess what...give it a year and you'll be in the same situation. I'd want a wipe too if I were broke and bad at this game.
    Not being broke only matters a small few such yourself. I'm not hating I'm just saying where many people are coming from and being rich is secondary. Many loved this game because of the community it had and hope that if there had to be a wipe, it would bring back some players and fill this place out a little. I personally have always enjoyed the launch of a game because of how it forces people to band together a bit more.

I also understand that from a testing perspective and the project in general, Bas not wiping is what's best and I'm all about whatever makes suncrusher a success when it happens.
    Jervin [J] Industries
    Master Smuggler
    Master Weaponsmith 20/25/25
    Drop-off vendor: 2148 -4722 outside Mos Eisley

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Jervin View Post
    Not being broke only matters a small few such yourself. I'm not hating I'm just saying where many people are coming from and being rich is secondary. Many loved this game because of the community it had and hope that if there had to be a wipe, it would bring back some players and fill this place out a little. I personally have always enjoyed the launch of a game because of how it forces people to band together a bit more.

I also understand that from a testing perspective and the project in general, Bas not wiping is what's best and I'm all about whatever makes suncrusher a success when it happens.
    Amen to that currently the only in game community is not accessible to most people due to absurd content. This game would be much better if players were in a situation where respecting one another was still a thing.

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'll surf or ski, wipe or not, I will still play. But, I keep hearing "wipe = more community and working together again to build from ground up". I agree, a wipe would make us have to depend on each other, but there is still opportunity for people to work together without a wipe, it's just in a different way. Yes, there are people with high end weapons with tons of credits, but how does that not allow all you to still group up and do things together? Instead of grouping up to do xp runs at the squill caves, you can group up to go outdamage the afk'rs or the kryat farmers. Dam, I know I have had issues with SEM members, DWB members the last few months but they organize and bring groups and compete and its actually fun. I know guys have legendary and exceptional weapons but come on man, she ome people make it sound like there are 50 legendary t21's rolling around and 50 speed capped 1700 damage flamethrowers in the grave yard. I have been beat multiple times by the likes of healsyo, dracun, thepunishers, and others. And I have legit weapons, am I not suppose to use them? Again, I think a wipe is not a terrible thing but crying about guys having great weapons just seems like a crying kid that doesn't get picked to play because he isn't good enough. I would bet many of the guys complaining that there are too many high end weapons would sing a different tune if they had their own legendary or exceptional.
    Vendor near poly on tat
    6311 3862

Play Stats
    Inactive
    HMMMM I Don't care either way.............

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazzienes View Post
    ok so this cracked me up.. as do most of your posts, but could you tell us why it would be bad?
    Same reason why we wouldn't allow anything from Basilisk to be carried over to Suncrusher. I mean, do you really want overpowered ADK'd items that were maybe product of some bug or an exploit that existed during the testing stage to carry over to a permanent play server? Or bazillions of credits that are already ruining the economy? No, everything that happens on test servers must die with those test servers. When we launch a permanent play server, everyone needs to be on even ground and have equal chance so succeed.

Closed Thread

Thread Information