Closed Thread
Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 828

Thread: Basilisk extended downtime 08/09/2017

  1. #31
    I am all for a wipe. I just came back last week. I believe that it would help balance the current economy and housing issues. I constantly pass houses that say "returning Publish 5," but they clearly never returned.

  2. #32
    Issues are bound to happen as is causes to that effect.

    We can only offer our support to the emu staff, while they work on a solution and a fix for the issue that has come up.

  3. #33
    Dedicated Fissile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    seeker droid failed
    Posts
    677
    Quote Originally Posted by teldar1899 View Post
    My wife a few friends of mine and myself just started playing this a few weeks ago. We would all be frustrated to lose what we have so far worked for. If at all possible get the data back
    6/10 trolling.


    Drop-off: Fissile's Drops /wayp -200 -5675 Corellia

  4. #34
    Senior Member DaloLorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,003
    So this​ is how you're improving server stability...
    European RPer. Tried to move on to greener pastures, wound up amidst an empire in flames instead. Oops.

  5. #35
    Dedicated
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada, eh.
    Posts
    926
    Good luck to ya.

    Honestly, it sounds to me like you also had problems migrating your Berkeley database files and just don't want to admit to the general public that it's a system with flaws that can only really be resolved by deleting the DB files and starting over. If that really is the case, there's nothing wrong with admitting it and moving on. It's a complicated system, there are basically no tools for fixing Berkeley databases, and poop happens. Plus, you're not even finished building the whole system yet so, so what if the bugs haven't all been worked out yet.

    You're doing a great job. No one expects you to be perfect.

    I, at the very least, do expect you to be honest (seriously, who loses data to hard drive failures anymore? Really? That's either utter incompetence or a lie).
    Last edited by falacy; 08-09-2017 at 04:47 PM.
    Tatwi
    Person who does semi-nerdly stuff and junk...

  6. #36
    I just bought the game (two times) about two weeks ago. i am good with a wipe and I am hopeful that the community comes alive once again.. abit more poeple actually playing instead of afk grinding it.
    when I played live (pre-CU) back in the days, the community was the thing that made the major difference, the way it all had to work together to accomplish stuff.

  7. #37
    Developer
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    71
    Quote Originally Posted by falacy View Post
    Good luck to ya.

    Honestly, it sounds to me like you also had problems migrating your Berkeley database files and just don't want to admit to the general public that it's a system with flaws that can only really be resolved by deleting the DB files and starting over. If that really is the case, there's nothing wrong with admitting it and moving on. It's a complicated system, there are basically no tools for fixing Berkeley databases, and poop happens. Plus, you're not even finished building the whole system yet so, so what if the bugs haven't all been worked out yet.

    You're doing a great job. No one expects you to be perfect.

    I, at the very least, do expect you to be honest (seriously, who loses data to hard drive failures anymore? Really? That's either utter incompetence or a lie).
    There is no migration in this publish...Congratulations on trying to sound smart, but you're way off here. This is a hardware failure, plain and simple.
    reoze
    Developer

    SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | mIRC Guide | Submit a ticket

  8. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by reoze View Post
    There is no migration in this publish...Congratulations on trying to sound smart, but you're way off here. This is a hardware failure, plain and simple.
    So, you are telling me they had exactly ONE backup? I find that incredibly hard to believe. You are either naive for believing that or they actually DO have one backup and that is frankly terrible.

  9. #39
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    4,133
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakaa View Post
    So, you are telling me they had exactly ONE backup? I find that incredibly hard to believe. You are either naive for believing that or they actually DO have one backup and that is frankly terrible.
    Im sure they have a hardcopy and just need a few years to scan it

    Dropoff /waypoint 4800 -540 Corellia

  10. #40
    Junior Member neutrineaux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    57
    Wipe and come back with one or two characters per account? Brilliant!
    neutrineaux

  11. #41
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Hilo, HI USA
    Posts
    21
    This server is LONG OVERDUE for a complete wipe of everything including names !

  12. #42
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    116
    Quote Originally Posted by neutrineaux View Post
    Wipe and come back with one or two characters per account? Brilliant!
    If only. Feels like a missed opportunity to wipe without that.

  13. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by neutrineaux View Post
    Wipe and come back with one or two characters per account? Brilliant!
    YES! Agreed, do it!

  14. #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    91
    bet it was a sony ssd that crashed too :-(

  15. #45
    Two character limit is all good in a real launch but this is still for testing.... It's a lot harder to make sure everything is working as intended with a two character limit.

Closed Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts