Closed Thread
Page 20 of 56 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Basilisk extended downtime 08/09/2017

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Cool, Thanks for the updates and honesty.

CSR
    Play Stats
    614h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivojedi View Post
    About the loading status: We are attempting to load a test db instance to check for data integrity. This should give us an indication of whether we'll need to wipe or not. It's loading on the HDDs so it's slow and will take time. Thanks for the continued patience.
    As Ivo said earlier - don't get excited about the loading indicator on the client. They're loading some test dbases - not the shiny we all know and love.

Quote Originally Posted by Misk Brebran View Post
    FYI - i know the server is loading for db verification from the update post by Miztah this morning at 620ish...i received a couple galaxy harvester notifications at 1049.
    Nothing's been posted to GH since yesterday. The notification emailer on GH has been notoriously laggy for months now - giving alerts to things that have been up for days in some cases.
    Jaws
    CSR

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Wipe would kind of be like being married with kids!! Being married with kids is amazing, fun, great , fulfilling, one the greatest things I have done in life, but at same time it is hard, crazy, annoying, difficult and a straight up pain in the ***! Wipe would give me the same mixed emotions! I remember starting live in 2003, running groups out to squill cave for xp. Fun stufg
    Vendor near poly on tat
    6311 3862

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Folky View Post
    Whatever the devs decide to do I'm for, they created my playground from the ashes of sonys incompetence and I will be forever grateful for that
    I agree with Folky here, thank you

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I think it should wipe and made the suncrush server oficially online with all the data we have now, and never wipe it again
    But please, make sure it won't occur again, or probably all of us will left out it.
    Thks, it's my opinion.
    Good luck

SWGEmu Retired Community Relations bigevil's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Originally Posted by Folky Whatever the devs decide to do I'm for, they created my playground from the ashes of sonys incompetence and I will be forever grateful for that

Quote Originally Posted by Serrabell View Post
    I agree with Folky here, thank you
    Ya, me too. Nova/Lib/Bas have been my backyard for years. I spend sixty bucks a shot for a handful of games a year that I don't touch after six weeks. Including live, this game has a solid 15ish years of my life with it.
    Retired Community Relations

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Is what I am doing in the game wrong? How do I know? If in doubt, contact Staff.

SWGEmu Guides and Helpful Links / complaint@swgemu.com for violations or complaints / LIVE Support

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivojedi View Post
    About the loading status: We are attempting to load a test db instance to check for data integrity. This should give us an indication of whether we'll need to wipe or not. It's loading on the HDDs so it's slow and will take time. Thanks for the continued patience.
    Thanks so much for the updates

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    ooooh it's locked....but what is locked...a fresh server, a corrupted one...or...just freaking maybe....basilisk as we know and love?!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakestick View Post
    DID he really say he's been grinding toons on three accounts....

WHat him too?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!! Now comes the no wipe, just banned punch line.
    Jervin [J] Industries
    Master Smuggler
    Master Weaponsmith 20/25/25
    Drop-off vendor: 2148 -4722 outside Mos Eisley

Play Stats
    Inactive
    honestly, I'm good with what ever... Just happy for the work devs have put it in.
    I've made a project of my own with unity and and I see how much work they have put into
    this... Thanks

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by flugel76 View Post
    Well it doesn't really need a bunch of blind, gullible sycophants shilling for what appears to be a total failure of foresight and competence, either.

And you can't can't keep screaming "this is a free service", when this "free service" operates on donations made in good faith to maintain the hardware, and to prevent a catastrophic event such as a double hard drive failure from possibly happening. I mean, I could (and do) expect something like that from the smaller servers out there, but you can't deny that this one is a little (a lot) better funded than those.

Sure, it could be just an unhappy coincidence. But a wipe on the most competently-run and well-funded server within mere days of a wipe on not one, but two other of the biggest satellite EMU projects? Right on the very eve of the publish that everyone (including the thousands who haven't logged into Basilisk in years) has been eagerly awaiting? I'm sorry, but the odds of that being a coincidence are more than a trillion-to-one.

Like I said, I don't mind a wipe. But I do mind having smoke blown up my butt. And if it were just me feeling this right now, then yeah, I could understand being accused of being an entitled whiner. But it's not just me. Read all the comments, not just the ones that align with your narrative and argument. Something is fishy about this.

And as for the person who asked why I'm even commenting since I don't play on Basilisk, let me tell you something. I'm just as curious and interested about this project as you are, and just because you log in 2 toons and turn on /afk macros every day doesn't give you any more entitlement to post here than me or anyone else.
    Dude, the money goes to the rental of the hardware from providers. The dev team has no physical access to any of the 3 locations at which the login server, basilisk and nova are hosted. TheAnswer lives in Europe ffs, while all 3 servers used are in the USA. It's really not their fault, not difficult to understand. Get over it

Inactive Code Contributors Loc-nar's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Well it doesn't really need a bunch of blind, gullible sycophants shilling for what appears to be a total failure of foresight and competence, either.

And you can't can't keep screaming "this is a free service", when this "free service" operates on donations made in good faith to maintain the hardware, and to prevent a catastrophic event such as a double hard drive failure from possibly happening. I mean, I could (and do) expect something like that from the smaller servers out there, but you can't deny that this one is a little (a lot) better funded than those.

Sure, it could be just an unhappy coincidence. But a wipe on the most competently-run and well-funded server within mere days of a wipe on not one, but two other of the biggest satellite EMU projects? Right on the very eve of the publish that everyone (including the thousands who haven't logged into Basilisk in years) has been eagerly awaiting? I'm sorry, but the odds of that being a coincidence are more than a trillion-to-one.

Like I said, I don't mind a wipe. But I do mind having smoke blown up my butt. And if it were just me feeling this right now, then yeah, I could understand being accused of being an entitled whiner. But it's not just me. Read all the comments, not just the ones that align with your narrative and argument. Something is fishy about this.

And as for the person who asked why I'm even commenting since I don't play on Basilisk, let me tell you something. I'm just as curious and interested about this project as you are, and just because you log in 2 toons and turn on /afk macros every day doesn't give you any more entitlement to post here than me or anyone else.
    Just like in grade school you have to show your work to get credit!! So, at this point you're getting a big fat zero!!!
    -Locnar

Quote Originally Posted by Loc-nar
    Jedi don't ruin SWG, boot lickers and whiners ruin SWG.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Loc-nar View Post
    Just like in grade school you have to show your work to get credit!! So, at this point you're getting a big fat zero!!!
    Did you just say something without including 1/10 or 10/10? I don't like it! 1/10. Wouldn't point out again.

/way -200 -5678 The Mall
    Current Stock

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive

Go back and read your posts from the last 3 years and tell me why I should care about anything you have to say. Angry little man lol

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Avelek View Post
    Go back and read your posts from the last 3 years and tell me why I should care about anything you have to say. Angry little man lol
    I'm not asking you to care. I bet you'll care if it turns out to be true though.

And I hope it's not. I hope I'm wrong. But you simply cannot deny, whether you care or not, that it's just too big a coincidence to not be suspect.

At any rate, it's a lesson to everyone involved with this project. If the official EMU server can "accidentally" wipe......then ANY server can "accidentally" wipe. So don't be fooled by anyone who tries to tell you "our server will NEVER wipe".

Closed Thread

Thread Information