Closed Thread
Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Basilisk extended downtime 08/09/2017

Hybrid View

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Folky View Post
    Whatever the devs decide to do I'm for, they created my playground from the ashes of sonys incompetence and I will be forever grateful for that
    I agree with Folky here, thank you

SWGEmu Retired Community Relations bigevil's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Originally Posted by Folky Whatever the devs decide to do I'm for, they created my playground from the ashes of sonys incompetence and I will be forever grateful for that

Quote Originally Posted by Serrabell View Post
    I agree with Folky here, thank you
    Ya, me too. Nova/Lib/Bas have been my backyard for years. I spend sixty bucks a shot for a handful of games a year that I don't touch after six weeks. Including live, this game has a solid 15ish years of my life with it.
    Retired Community Relations

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Is what I am doing in the game wrong? How do I know? If in doubt, contact Staff.

SWGEmu Guides and Helpful Links / complaint@swgemu.com for violations or complaints / LIVE Support

Play Stats
    Inactive
    That happens when Murphy visit us. Thx @devs for hard work!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Woha View Post
    That happens when Murphy visit us. Thx @devs for hard work!
    As long as he doesn't bring Aunt Irma with him we'll be fine.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    A fresh start sounds awesome, but I'll be happy with whatever happens. No wipe = I can get back to grinding my characters and work towards Jedi. Wipe = we hit the ground running and everyone starts anew.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    the company I work for specializes in High availability server and IT infrastructure proects.
    REAL Data High Availability Solutions and Servers cost a **** ton.
    admitted, the chance of integral failure of redundant hardware is slim, but nevertheless it is there.

me personally will donate now.
    once the server comes back to life, I will donate again.

and also: I WOULD LOVE A WIPE, plus reduction of max chars (3 or 4) and reduction of online toons (1) would be a blessing.
    right now we have eserted towns, vendors without wares, and almost no chance for nooby chars to find a niche. there´s no way to make money other than to farm missions because
    there´s no need for low end / midgrade stuff those noobs / mid grade chars built / produce because almost everyone is already settled. the most fresh toons are alts from veterans.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    IF this was a comunity vote, (and its not) I would vote for a wipe and reduction of max characters. max 3, max 2 online.
    Anyhow..bin here for a long time, and will probably stay for a decade more to come.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'm glad they told us there was a problem. "We could be wiped." Okay, so be it. " It could be fixed, but could take a some time." Okay, so be it. I'm not mad, bad unexpected stuff happens.
    Murphy's Law is always in motion. However, if I'd arrived in game with no characters, the server wiped, I'd be furious they'd not told us ahead of time. I suspect a lot of current outraged
    players would have moved on. Because we were told, we're being more tolerant, most of us will stay and begin again. That's part of the fun of Star Wars Galaxies. The hustle and bustle of
    scrambling to get resources, moaning "Oh no, I missed that good resource I needed,"....on and on.

Developers and crew, thanks for informing us about server situation with Publish 9. Thank you crew for bringing back the best game out there in the form we liked best, Pre-Cu.

Developer
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quick update for everyone since I know everyone is waiting patiently... recovery attempts are still continuing, we aren't giving up yet. We've had some success with some of the smaller database files, but the largest and most important database is just over 300gb in size and it's giving us the most trouble. The file size means each recovery attempt we run can take at least 5-10 hours depending on the type of recovery we're running, so it's largely a waiting game each attempt. We'll update further once we've got something new to share. Thanks for the patience everyone.
    Miztah
    Developer

miztah@swgemu.com | How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Miztah View Post
    Quick update for everyone since I know everyone is waiting patiently... recovery attempts are still continuing, we aren't giving up yet. We've had some success with some of the smaller database files, but the largest and most important database is just over 300gb in size and it's giving us the most trouble. The file size means each recovery attempt we run can take at least 5-10 hours depending on the type of recovery we're running, so it's largely a waiting game each attempt. We'll update further once we've got something new to share. Thanks for the patience everyone.
    You and all the team rock!

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    If you can only manage to get 2 toons per account back and none of the adk's or character data thats ok we will forgive you

Play Stats
    Inactive
    lol right

CSR
    Play Stats
    682h last 30d
    Thanks for the update Miztah (and Vlada before him).

Anybody else notice the client is now listing Basilisk as "loading"? [7:38am est]
    Jaws
    CSR

How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post

Anybody else notice the client is now listing Basilisk as "loading"? [7:38am est]
    Yeah, maybe they´re testing if the server is loading up. Took quite a while now.
    Whaz Jory, Darrah Jory, Xicho Jory

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Hmm. Pretty sure this can't be right. But the website and the launcher says that Basilisk is loading. :-/ lol

Closed Thread

Thread Information