Closed Thread
Page 16 of 56 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Basilisk extended downtime 08/09/2017

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow2kx View Post
    Announcing a possible wipe without knowing if it needs to be wiped seems really odd. Especially knowing how divided the community is over it, and how many years that players have been asking for it. I mean, wouldn't you want to make damn sure first before getting your community all worked up over nothing but a few days of downtime if that's all that comes of it?

This is probably how SOE *lost* their old Pre-CU code.
    The community is not divided though - a quick read through the responses on this thread show the overwhelming majority of people are in favour of a wipe and those whining about it have forum accounts with sign ups from a week ago or are posting for the first time in this thread.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by DDSilver View Post
    In fact, some of those choices did not work back then, considering the fact that virtually every 'dedicated' crafter or support character I knew was running at least 2 accounts.
    Yup, my main on the SOE server was dedicated crafter. I had 2 accounts. hell there was a guy in my guild that was paying 165 bucks a month to have 11 accounts. Mostly for AFK sampling.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Woha View Post
    That happens when Murphy visit us. Thx @devs for hard work!
    As long as he doesn't bring Aunt Irma with him we'll be fine.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by GiStaak View Post
    The community is not divided though - a quick read through the responses on this thread show the overwhelming majority of people are in favour of a wipe and those whining about it have forum accounts with sign ups from a week ago or are posting for the first time in this thread.
    The people posting in this thread do not represent the community as a whole. Hell, a number of the posters here mention that they don't even play anymore.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    A fresh start sounds awesome, but I'll be happy with whatever happens. No wipe = I can get back to grinding my characters and work towards Jedi. Wipe = we hit the ground running and everyone starts anew.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by timberwolf587 View Post
    The people posting in this thread do not represent the community as a whole. Hell, a number of the posters here mention that they don't even play anymore.
    And a lot who aren't playing state their intention to come back if a wipe does occur. Hell the most excitement we've had about SWGEmu over on Something Awful is because people are talking about playing again if there is a wipe.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Something Awful people are talking about playing again if there is a wipe.
    I'm now against the wipe.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    My characters are wiped clean off my list. Is the wipe in progress?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by shirotosan View Post
    My characters are wiped clean off my list. Is the wipe in progress?
    Attempts to recover the data are in progress, we will only consider wiping the db if those fail.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post
    Attempts to recover the data are in progress, we will only consider wiping the db if those fail.
    Probably a useless question at this point, but is there any indication what length the rollback would be if it can't be pretty much up to around the time Basilisk was last up?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    the company I work for specializes in High availability server and IT infrastructure proects.
    REAL Data High Availability Solutions and Servers cost a **** ton.
    admitted, the chance of integral failure of redundant hardware is slim, but nevertheless it is there.

me personally will donate now.
    once the server comes back to life, I will donate again.

and also: I WOULD LOVE A WIPE, plus reduction of max chars (3 or 4) and reduction of online toons (1) would be a blessing.
    right now we have eserted towns, vendors without wares, and almost no chance for nooby chars to find a niche. there´s no way to make money other than to farm missions because
    there´s no need for low end / midgrade stuff those noobs / mid grade chars built / produce because almost everyone is already settled. the most fresh toons are alts from veterans.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    Probably a useless question at this point, but is there any indication what length the rollback would be if it can't be pretty much up to around the time Basilisk was last up?
    No clue yet. Sorry.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    IF this was a comunity vote, (and its not) I would vote for a wipe and reduction of max characters. max 3, max 2 online.
    Anyhow..bin here for a long time, and will probably stay for a decade more to come.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'm glad they told us there was a problem. "We could be wiped." Okay, so be it. " It could be fixed, but could take a some time." Okay, so be it. I'm not mad, bad unexpected stuff happens.
    Murphy's Law is always in motion. However, if I'd arrived in game with no characters, the server wiped, I'd be furious they'd not told us ahead of time. I suspect a lot of current outraged
    players would have moved on. Because we were told, we're being more tolerant, most of us will stay and begin again. That's part of the fun of Star Wars Galaxies. The hustle and bustle of
    scrambling to get resources, moaning "Oh no, I missed that good resource I needed,"....on and on.

Developers and crew, thanks for informing us about server situation with Publish 9. Thank you crew for bringing back the best game out there in the form we liked best, Pre-Cu.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I wouldnt say whining, just surprised and curious if wipes are a frequent occurrence and I have been informed that it is very very rare.

Wipe or no Wipe im looking forward to playing this game again.

Closed Thread

Thread Information