Closed Thread
Page 15 of 48 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Basilisk extended downtime 08/09/2017

Hybrid View

Play Stats
    33h last 30d
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    I would be okay with the wipe if they were going to cure the disease and not just the symptoms. If 10 character slots per server remain, then we'll have the same land grab of single accounts holding shuttleport cities.
    I think a rank 4 city requires 55 citizens?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    It does...it takes more than one person to get to a rank 4 city...been there done that have one lol

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I just want to take this opportunity to say "thank you" to all of the developers who have put forth the effort to work on this project for the past 10+ years. Without all of your hard work, I would have never gotten the chance to play star wars galaxies again.

Regardless of how all of this plays out in the coming weeks, I wish this project the best success possible.

I look forward to the day when the project is finally complete.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Lord, never thought I'd see such angry little armchair devs (; lmao

I agree with the basic sentiment that's been put-forward: THANK YOU for the project as it is. The fact we're even walking into Pub 9 is great. Really can't wait to see where things go from here.

I have a good feeling about this. Sometimes, flash crashes in markets are the healthiest thing that can happen; I am a firm believer in that this can be applied to most things in life. Really, I just hope for a quick fix so we can all get to the highly-anticipated Publish and really start making waves!

Retired SWGEmu Staff Mistress Aerea's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive

I have faith that TA and the other devs will do all they can, and come to the decision that is right for the project as a whole, long term.

Recovering huge amounts of data is very important for long term stress testing, but if its gone and unrecoverable, we'll all survive and provide lots more data to test with.
    Guild Matriarch
    Flourish <FLO>

Soon™

Play Stats
    Inactive
    9 out of 10 players prefer a HDD wipe, that 10th guy is an A-Hole

Play Stats
    Inactive
    A server wipe.. I just got my TKM right where I wanted him. *cries* Oh well.. it'll give me a chance to explore other character types and have more adventures. Many thanks to the developers for all their hard work! Each of you do a great job!

Play Stats
    Inactive
    It took a lot of pain and effort to ninja my way into that server farm and "handle" this situation. I believe some of those donations should be given to me but I will settle for a level playing field. You are all welcome!

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Any progress updates on where they are on trying to recover data?
    Vendor near poly on tat
    6311 3862

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Edbacca View Post
    Any progress updates on where they are on trying to recover data?
    Data recovery depending on the method being used can take days... getting the replacement drives is normally not same day on many servers unless you have a 4 hour onsite warranty which is highly unlikely given the situation

Be patient, I am sure they will update us as soon as a decision is made as to how to proceed

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Weak. A wipe would suck.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Sorry to hear that a HDD during the merge decided to die.

Thank you for the heads up & information, I was wondering why the server was down.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Whatever the devs decide to do I'm for, they created my playground from the ashes of sonys incompetence and I will be forever grateful for that

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive

Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Folky View Post
    Whatever the devs decide to do I'm for, they created my playground from the ashes of sonys incompetence and I will be forever grateful for that
    All this right here

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I've been around for a number of years seeing how the project is coming a long with occasional binges of play.

I -personally- think a wipe will be good for the community. Only for the reason of evening out the economy again and getting rid of so many abandoned houses and cities. Before Pub9 I was so concentrated on being a Jedi I think I pushed myself to not enjoy the game, but now I've had a break I'm not that bothered about Jedi anymore. So wipe for me would be good

But whatever route the developers decide to go down we just have to give them our support and stop the bickering that takes place because they do this in their free time to provide us the nostalgia we all get from this game.

Closed Thread

Thread Information