Thread: REMINDER: RL Monetary Trades in-game are a bannable offense

Play Stats
    Inactive

REMINDER: RL Monetary Trades in-game are a bannable offense

March 7, 2017
    The SWGEmu Staff

Lets start off with a quote from our SWGEmu Test Center & Basilisk Rules & Policies

Quote Originally Posted by Vlada View Post

1.7. On SWGEmu Servers, all accounts and characters used for financial gain will be deleted/banned. It is forbidden to use your account for:
    • 1.7.1. Soliciting real life monetary trades.
    • 1.7.2. Purchasing of in-game credits or items for real life currency.
    • 1.7.3. Exchange of in-game items/credits for real life items.
    • 1.7.4. Exchange of in-game items/credits for items/currency from other games.
    Basilisk and TC: Nova are temporary test servers, which means everything you have on them, every character, item or credit will be eventually wiped when SWGEmu project is complete. SWGEmu project is free, and everything in game is free and available to anyone willing to put in time and some effort to obtain it by just playing.

Now that we have that out of the way, lets reiterate. Buying or selling of in-game items and/or credits is against our rules and is a bannable offense. Credits transactions are logged and if caught all those involved will be permanently banned from any and all of our services. SWGEmu does not in any way support nor does it condone any real life monetary trades for in-game items and/or credits.

Anyone who has purchased credits or in-game items, even if their account has not been banned, should ask for a chargeback immediately and report credit/item seller to paypal or their bank as a scammer.

Furthermore we will be instituting a "Snitch" program, for those caught or just willing to help us and themselves and get a fresh start on SWGEmu servers. If you bought credits/items and you got caught, you will be offered an option to start fresh with a new account if you cooperate and help us get rid of those breaking our rules and ruining the emulator for everyone.

~The SWGEmu Staff

Play Stats
    Inactive
    It'd be great if we could get a network going between SWGEmu and other servers based off of SWGEmu to ensure that anyone who does this, no matter the server, is dealt with.
    Firewarrior/Farsun

Play Stats
    Inactive
    oh Lord.... If Niffer needs an ADK for that ban hamma lemme know, i got an extra

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Niff had some fun last night...

And she isn't even half way through the logs

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Uncensor it so I can...... I have needs.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I want to read the names.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by hybridtheory View Post
    Uncensor it so I can...... I have needs.
    They're not playing anymore, so ya...whats the worst that could happen from a bunch of scoundrels knowing?

Play Stats
    Inactive
    If you stare at the blur really hard you can make out the name

SWGEmu Retired Community Relations bigevil's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Keeping an eye as to what crafters get falcon punched by this and go offline quietly..lol. Want to start a new trade for fun.
    Retired Community Relations

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Is what I am doing in the game wrong? How do I know? If in doubt, contact Staff.

SWGEmu Guides and Helpful Links / complaint@swgemu.com for violations or complaints / LIVE Support

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by bigevil View Post
    Keeping an eye as to what crafters get falcon punched by this and go offline quietly..lol. Want to start a new trade for fun.
    Might give the Stormtroopers one more thing to search for with the Crackdown....items made by these crafters..."dealing in illegal antiquities" =D

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I think some people on the trade forums will magically disappear :^]

Play Stats
    Inactive

That's no surprise.... 50 adk sale threads, poorly thought out lies when confronted, etc...

Haha Vlada, I unblurred it a little and I see each image just has the same blurred words pasted over and over again. Oh well, I'll stop being nosy! (but I did see a few other people recently banned that I won't mention here... and sadly a few I was hoping would be gone that aren't banned.)
    Last edited by Vlada; 03-08-2017 at 09:10 PM.

/way -200 -5678 The Mall
    Current Stock

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrson View Post
    Haha Vlada, I unblurred it a little and I see each image just has the same blurred words pasted over and over again. Oh well, I'll stop being nosy! (but I did see a few other people recently banned that I won't mention here... and sadly a few I was hoping would be gone that aren't banned.)
    yeah i thought someone may try to do that, so instead of blurring each one, i just did it with the first name and then copied it over and over.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    So what exactly is the problem with folks buying in game credits or items? I have never bought anything like that, and frankly have no shortage of more important stuff to pay for, but I do not see what the issue is for others......

Hell.........that is quite possibly the only way for folks who have real lives to get some of the high end loot that is constantly camped and bogarted by folks on this server.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by darth8875 View Post
    So what exactly is the problem with folks buying in game credits or items? I have never bought anything like that, and frankly have no shortage of more important stuff to pay for, but I do not see what the issue is for others......

Hell.........that is quite possibly the only way for folks who have real lives to get some of the high end loot that is constantly camped and bogarted by folks on this server.
    Its probably just part of the nonprofit campaign that lets this server run, if somebody is making money in their pocket a legal issue could arise.

Most MMO's don't allow it cause its competition for their game in a way, if their is cash being thrown around they want to be making it but seeing as how swgemu doesn't own or licensed to the rights to a starwars game and is only emulating one matters of money have to be handled carefully.

Just my guess.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information