Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Doing the Right Thing...

Retired SWGEmu Staff
    Play Stats
    Inactive

Cool Doing the Right Thing...

Doing the Right Thing...
    Communications Department

A recent issue on Liberator has brought up a topic that we would like to elaborate on.

It was reported that items were being stolen from multiple player inventories by a bug/exploit/hack. One person, out of an unknown number using this stealing method, gave us information and details in an effort to get it fixed and thus make a positive contribution. While we can't go back and restore people's items that were stolen, we can ensure everybody that this will be fixed to the best of our abilities in the Nova Test Center and Liberator servers.

We just want to highlight how thankful we are when a player in the Comminity steps up and is "Doing the Right Thing". We hope others do more of this to help make the SWGEmu PreCU Emulator a better product when it is finished.

For those that don't know the rule, please read the following section from the Test Center Rules:
    3.12 The SWGEmu Team encourages the reporting of any and all exploits. You are required to immediately report and discontinue use of all discovered exploits or face disciplinary action listed below.
    • 3.12.1 Exploits include, but are not limited to; all forms of hacking, exploiting and all other actions intended to break, bend or in anyway alter the SWGEmu gameplay experience in favor of one player or against another player.
    • 3.12.2 Report all exploits to the Quality Assurance department at https://www.swgemu.com/bugs using the Exploit category or send to quality@swgemu.com
    • 3.12.3 As a first offence, there will be a warning issued directing the guilty party to the Quality Assurance department. Offenders are required to immediately disclose all known information about the exploit. Failure to comply with this policy will result in an immediate permanent ban from all SWGEmu services. This ban will include the immediate deletion of all known characters, items, disbanding of guilds if guild leader, and removal of all items being sold by the user on the marketplace.

The SWGEmu Team

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Glad someone stepped up. Thanks, whoever you are.

Thanks to the Staff who fix and listen as well.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    This is awesome. Glad to see it.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Uh huh, might post something about this later then after reading that.

SWGEmu Needs Better QA Staff
    http://bit.ly/t637l9

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Just to be clear, how does this fit in with the whole "don't report Lib bugs?" I mean this as sincerely as possible. Are you saying that if something is blatantly BEING exploited we should report it? Or if something has the potential? Thanks any and all replies.
    Last edited by Darkrider; 01-30-2011 at 04:22 PM.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkrider View Post
    Just to be clear, how does this fit in with the whole "don't report Lib bugs?" I mean this as sincerely as possible. Are you saying that if something is blatantly BEING exploited we should report it? Or if something has the potential? Thanks any and all replies.

Some sections of Liberator Code (Pre-OR, Old Nova etc) have been reused in the OR now possibly there are still exploits/hacks in that old code which has been reused therefore they want hacks/exploits to be reported so if they do also affect the OR they can fix it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This is not that post which I mentioned earlier (will still post it a bit later)

SWGEmu Needs Better QA Staff
    http://bit.ly/t637l9

Play Stats
    Inactive
    guys, i think its clear that we report ANY HACKING on liberator IMMEDIATLY. it is a game server and all players need to abide by the rules.
    i am especially appreciative of the moderators who stepped in so fast to quash this exploit. WELL DONE, GUYS.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Doing the right thing also means removing Liberator? (serious question, no sarcasm here)
    Bostwain

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostwain View Post
    Doing the right thing also means removing Liberator? (serious question, no sarcasm here)
    You kids are full of sarcasm and overall are pretty ungrateful. The SWG community was once touted as the single best community in gaming anywhere. When I talk to old players of pre-cu they all say the same. "The community made the game fun". Well, I guess that portion that made the community so great didn't come over to the emu. I see WoW typical behavior. I see a bunch of Adults and children with a "we have the right to do what we want" attitudes and overall ungrateful.

Its sad that Firehawk has to even make this point. Its sad that people troll moderators. I guess its sad at where a once great community (even here on these forums) has went to complete and utter dog ****.

The bottom line is the developers can do what they want. Want to make themselves Jedi? Good for them. Want to make changes to a server to make it MORE FUN? So be it. They don't owe any of us a damned thing. The servers wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them. If you don't like the way things are being handled, start a petition for them to shut down development or do it behind closed doors. I heard there are other emu projects going on. Go over there and moan and *****.

As for the hackers. Please ban these immature kids. I dont care if a wipe is coming. They deserve perma bans from the TCs as well as Suncrusher.

In my opinion I would do invite only to the TCs and let all these kids sit here and be immature and cry about not being able to play. That or go closed door development and let no one play.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthug View Post
    You kids are full of sarcasm and overall are pretty ungrateful. The SWG community was once touted as the single best community in gaming anywhere. When I talk to old players of pre-cu they all say the same. "The community made the game fun". Well, I guess that portion that made the community so great didn't come over to the emu. I see WoW typical behavior. I see a bunch of Adults and children with a "we have the right to do what we want" attitudes and overall ungrateful.

Its sad that Firehawk has to even make this point. Its sad that people troll moderators. I guess its sad at where a once great community (even here on these forums) has went to complete and utter dog ****.

The bottom line is the developers can do what they want. Want to make themselves Jedi? Good for them. Want to make changes to a server to make it MORE FUN? So be it. They don't owe any of us a damned thing. The servers wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them. If you don't like the way things are being handled, start a petition for them to shut down development or do it behind closed doors. I heard there are other emu projects going on. Go over there and moan and *****.

As for the hackers. Please ban these immature kids. I dont care if a wipe is coming. They deserve perma bans from the TCs as well as Suncrusher.

In my opinion I would do invite only to the TCs and let all these kids sit here and be immature and cry about not being able to play. That or go closed door development and let no one play.
    You sir don't understand that I was seriously asking the question. At the time I was under the impression that it was gone, I forgot about how easily they were able to detach the server like they used to do with the OR testing periodically. And you also are assuming that I am saying removing liberator is a bad thing. I did not lean either way in the question, infact I think it could potentially be good for the testing process, however it would reduce their donation income to keep the project afloat.

I'm not crying, and you sir just need to settle down.
    Bostwain

Play Stats
    Inactive
    You sir don't understand that I was seriously asking the question. At the time I was under the impression that it was gone, I forgot about how easily they were able to detach the server like they used to do with the OR testing periodically. And you also are assuming that I am saying removing liberator is a bad thing. I did not lean either way in the question, infact I think it could potentially be good for the testing process, however it would reduce their donation income to keep the project afloat.

I'm not crying, and you sir just need to settle down.
    I hit quote on your name. This doesn't really have anything to do with you. Just stating the question though about the liberator echoes the same nonsense thats been spewed in the jedi force progression threads. About the As-Is server. Trolling cRush and the other developers. Its all the same thing to me. It screams ungrateful and immaturity at every single turn.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    If Liberator proves to be an issue in slowing the progression of TC: Nova's progress, I have no doubt the devs will shut it down.

(By the way, I removed my signature picture for you. Also I ****in' love daft punk.)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Arleer157 View Post
    If Liberator proves to be an issue in slowing the progression of TC: Nova's progress, I have no doubt the devs will shut it down.

(By the way, I removed my signature picture for you. Also I ****in' love daft punk.)
    Thanks, and yeah they're brilliant.
    Bostwain

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Barthug View Post

and your $hi! don't stink? A part of the word Community is "U" and if your so biased to think everyone is a snot nosed brat, your ignorance is how you will be perceived by every " immature kid"

The fact that i had to come in off topic to rant about your off topic is down right wrong.

No, the Liberator, as Kyle's update reflects, is using code for the OR, therefore your theory is null.

SWGEmu Retired Community Relations bigevil's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaelvin View Post
    No, the Liberator, as Kyle's update reflects, is using code for the OR, therefore your theory is null.
    Not.....exactly.....
    Retired Community Relations

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    Is what I am doing in the game wrong? How do I know? If in doubt, contact Staff.

SWGEmu Guides and Helpful Links / complaint@swgemu.com for violations or complaints / LIVE Support

Thread Information