Retired SWGEmu Staff Mistress Aerea's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive

Fourth Annual Temenos Island Decorating Contest

Fourth Annual Temenos Island Decorating Contest

Dates: May 13th - May 26th
    Theme: Meditation Sanctuary
    Housing Style: Small Naboo (square)

Show off your decorating style and creativity in a server-wide decorating contest in Temenos Island, Naboo. The event will be themed "Meditation Sanctuary" and limited to Small Square Naboo-style houses. For more details, see below.

Rules:
    1) Participants will need to send an in-game email to Aerea indicating a desire to participate by May 22nd.

2) Participants will be placed on the admin list of a single Square Small Naboo-style house in or near Temenos Island, Naboo and emailed the waypoint. Maintenance will be pre-paid.

3) Participants will have until May 26th to decorate their house in any manner they see fit.

4) At midnight on May 26th contestants' names will be removed from admin lists and no further changes will be allowed until judging is complete.

5) A team of judges consisting of selected community members will judge the entries on the criteria listed below.

6) Winners will be announced at the Temenos Island Spring Open on May 27th at 5:00pm EDT. The announcement will also be made on the SWGEmu Forums.

7) After judging and winners have been announced, contestants will be re-added to admin lists and allowed to retrieve their items. If a participant would like to keep the house in place, arrangements can be made to transfer the deed.

8) All entries deemed "completed" by the judging team will receive a 100,000 credit prize in addition to an other prizes won.

Judging criteria
    Awards will be handed out in the following categories:
    • Best installation (use of 5 or more items to create a lager decoration piece - i.e. fireplace, fish tank, kitchen counter etc.) - 2 million credits
    • Best use of a single item in a non-intended way - 2 million credits
    • Best evocation of the theme: Meditation Sanctuary - 4 million credits
    • Best overall decoration - 4.5 million credits

Please direct any questions to Aerea in-game, a PM here, or a reply to this post.
    Last edited by Mistress Aerea; 05-03-2017 at 03:26 PM. Reason: Update prizes
    Guild Matriarch
    Flourish <FLO>

Soon™

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Aerea View Post

Awards will be handed out in the following categories:
    • Best installation (use of 5 or more items to create a lager decoration piece - i.e. fireplace, fish tank, kitchen counter etc.) - .5 million credits
    • Best use of a single item in a non-intended way - .5 million credits
    • Best evocation of the theme: Meditation Sanctuary - 1 million credits
    • Best overall decoration - 1.5 million credits
    Looking forward to those awards bumping up with the proceeds from the 5m credit bag!

/way -200 -5678 The Mall
    Current Stock

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Not sure if this is full yet or not, either way if you like to decorate please contact the OP!

Play Stats
    Inactive

Plenty of room for more contestants.

Plus, we've just had a donation of 5 million credits to the prize monies - thank you Crespok!

There may also be more prize money coming in over the next few days. I'll keep things updated in the original post.
    Guild Matriarch
    Flourish <FLO>

Soon™

Play Stats
    Inactive

A new 5 million donation from alch, means prizes have been updated again!

Now every contestant is guaranteed a 100,000 credit prize just for competing. Send me a message if you want to enter.
    Guild Matriarch
    Flourish <FLO>

Soon™

Play Stats
    Inactive
    There have been some great decoration projects done in the past that have been showcased at these contests! I know I am looking forward to seeing what the contestants come up with this time....
    Drop off Vendor: Gorath on Tatooine wp -2955 -5066

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I can't wait to get in on this again. The competition is a blast every year, and the entries are always out of this world. Good luck, everybody!
    Odaera Aelythien / Harkor Andovai / Raquiss Vega / Tiralaan Nea / Leonides Rowe

Play Stats
    Inactive

Please let me know here or in-game (Aerea) if you'd like to participate as a contestant. We still have lots of spots available, and this year everyone gets a prize!
    Guild Matriarch
    Flourish <FLO>

Soon™

Play Stats
    Inactive

Here are some screenshots from the decorating contest. In alphabetical order...

Eagymo's Entry:

Exolla's Entry:

Julia-Rose's Entry:

Guild Matriarch
    Flourish <FLO>

Soon™

Play Stats
    Inactive

And the winners of the 4th Annual Temenos Island Decorating contest are as follows:
    • Best installation - 2 million credits: Exolla for holocron double helix
    • Best use of a single item in a non-intended way - 2 million credits: Julia-Rose for mystical glowing orb
    • Best evocation of the theme: Meditation Sanctuary - 4 million credits: Julia-Rose
    • Best overall decoration - 4.5 million credits: Exolla

Congratulations to all the participants and winners!

The houses will stay up for the next week or so, and can be found in Temenos Island, Naboo (/way -1280 200). Trust me, they all look MUCH better in person. Go check them out!
    Guild Matriarch
    Flourish <FLO>

Soon™

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrson View Post
    Looking forward to those awards bumping up with the proceeds from the 5m credit bag.
    Hi, I want to you ask you that This link is working that you shared? How can I open it

Thread Information