+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu Publish 9 - "Secrets of the Force, Redux" loading screen competition

Dedicated
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    I laughed out loud at that, Best comment of the year Vlada!!! Well done sir!!!!
    Vendor near poly on tat
    6311 3862

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    You need more testers? Are you literally kidding me? The publish 9 checklist is 100% done it just needs to be merged. I don't understand why you are taking your sweet time to get everything perfect.. it doesn't have to be amazingly perfect. It's like you guys are afraid of having jedi on the server, afraid of this publish bringing a plethora of people back into SWGEmu. I just don't understand the delay. just release it ffs.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by kendux1 View Post
    You need more testers? Are you literally kidding me? The publish 9 checklist is 100% done it just needs to be merged. I don't understand why you are taking your sweet time to get everything perfect.. it doesn't have to be amazingly perfect. It's like you guys are afraid of having jedi on the server, afraid of this publish bringing a plethora of people back into SWGEmu. I just don't understand the delay. just release it ffs.
    They ***** need more testers cause nobody wants to test on nova when other people there are using commands to give themselves gear and the weapons avaible on the frog are barley better then starter weapons, then when you point that out they tell you to ask for a refund lmao.

we are just the labrats in their maze they dont give a fck at all what we think.

Go watch mobyus1's lastest video, they completely turned they're back on him from the looks of it after he didn't do anything wrong or to warrant it, and after all he has done to promote their project, I don't even like the guy but it was pretty good display of their attitude.
    Last edited by hybridtheory; 07-20-2017 at 08:57 PM.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by hybridtheory View Post
    They ***** need more testers cause nobody wants to test on nova when other people there are using commands to give themselves gear and the weapons avaible on the frog are barley better then starter weapons, then when you point that out they tell you to ask for a refund lmao.

we are just the labrats in their maze they dont give a fck at all what we think.

Go watch mobyus1's lastest video, they completely turned they're back on him from the looks of it after he didn't do anything wrong or to warrant it, and after all he has done to promote their project, I don't even like the guy but it was pretty good display of their attitude.
    yea mobyus1 is a good cat. not sure why the salty childish QA's booted him.

Addicted
    Play Stats
    3h last 30d
    #yolo

Play Stats
    Inactive
    These freaking people just do not understand.../facepalm

Play Stats
    74h last 30d
    this is now summer time for everyone. It was wise to ask for our contribution before the month of July.
    Enmor Solusar \ Hatchi Rejan on Finalizer Former toons on bas: Enmor/ Hatchi Atlante/ Wenmor/ Endore/ Shaamus/ Metroid.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    What you don't know about the checklist would fill a warehouse.

Quote Originally Posted by hybridtheory View Post

Frog gear is intentionally weak. It's there to test simple mechanics that do not require high-end gear.

If you want better gear on Nova, use a frog to insta-level your toon, generate resource deeds for yourself, and craft the gear you need. You can make anything you want in 24 hours using factories. The only thing you'd be missing are the loot drops at that point.

We definitely do need more testers. Testers catch things we miss, and come at things from different angles to help us figure things out. We'd let you in but your application for a CSR position is still pending.

Quote Originally Posted by papilove View Post
    yea mobyus1 is a good cat. not sure why the salty childish QA's booted him.
    Mobyus1 is, in fact, a good cat. What happened behind the scenes is between those involved.
    Farelli
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to Report Bugs | How to Search Bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Farelli View Post
    What you don't know about the checklist would fill a warehouse.
    So why not take the same stance on the checklist as you do time lines? Because it's very misleading.

Banned
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Farelli View Post
    We'd let you in but your application for a CSR position is still pending.
    That gave me a lol and a half

"Retired" SWGEmu Staff risenangel's Avatar
    Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Duloh View Post
    So why not take the same stance on the checklist as you do time lines? Because it's very misleading.
    We use the percentages in the checklist to let us know internally how much we still need to focus on each page and look at what needs to be done. From a testing perspective, it helps me and others be more efficient with what we test. I get that its misleading to you, but it isn't a progress bar in terms of how close a publish is.

As to your frustration, all I can say is that I would classify it as being 'very soon'
    Kyada <BoS>
    Everything I ever did was about pushing the project forward.

CSR
    Play Stats
    614h last 30d
    I'm away for a week. Please for the love of god don't release until after Aug 5th or there may be an odd rash of murders in upper state Michigan.
    Jaws
    CSR

How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    For the potential benefit of those who view the checklist percentage as a percentage of publish completion, consider this fact.

QA doesn't know how much will be in the next publish. We learn that maybe about a day before it's posted in the publish announcement. So the assumption that the checklist completion percentage show the progress toward the next publish is flawed. We simply use it to keep ourselves aware of whether or not we are falling behind, as occasionally occurs. Such is the nature of a volunteer project.

The next publish comes when it comes. We will know its publish date for certain when the update announcement is made.

Until, then, QA keeps checking code, trying to define the scope of bugs and how to reproduce them.

If anyone wants to help us with that, please contact one of us. We'll be happy to let you help us. The more eyes the better. We all rely on each other to find the things that we tend not to see with our own eyes.
    Farelli
    SWGEmu Admin

How to Report Bugs | How to Search Bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker)

Play Stats
    Inactive
    It's like you guys are afraid of having jedi on the server
    I know I am

Play Stats
    427h last 30d
    i think these 3 people should be involved and looking on at what they created. im horrible with photo editing, someone else please make this idea better

Last edited by patchface; 08-04-2017 at 12:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information