+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: SWGEmu Publish 9 - "Secrets of the Force, Redux" loading screen competition

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by egroendyk View Post
    I like this version, but I feel, given the storyline's timing of when these events would be taking place, it gives much too much heed to the old order of Jedi being dominant figures. I feel that the "Balancing" of the Force at the time was around the Dark Side taking the seat of control.

I most definitely like this second piece, but I was much more enamored and intrigued by the "darker" take on the load screen. The inclusion of Palpatine and all was fantastic in adding another leg of understanding to where we're currently at at this point in the canon/stories and capturing the dark essence of those times.

I think either would be a great choice for the screen, but the first one has my actual vote. This one seems to have lost some artistic value in the pressuring of the Light to change the underlying theme; the Dark won for several decades because the Light had become exactly that: pushy and antithetical to its own rites and directions of control of the Galaxy.
    Agreed.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Frightmare View Post
    Guys i spent the last 2.5 hours making my loading screen. Ut how do i upload it here?

I cant get this to work

I never want to post a picture into a forum ever again after that fiasco. It almost cost me my marriage and a cell phone. I hate you html, may you fall in a trash compactor and have your only line to salvation Set to mute by a bumbling droid.
    Hahaha

Play Stats
    Inactive
    People seem to be focusing on the Jedi side of publish 9. Although that is the main new content in the upcoming publish I know a lot of people who will want more than just Jedi on their load screens. I will be looking through the checklist to see what I can come up with asap.
    algebuckina
    Event Coordinator Intern

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

Play Stats
    Inactive
    There are so many new and outstanding submissions! It's a tribute to the community that it can come together and produce such quality work. A /tiphat to the project team for (re)igniting this passion. It sounds like we're going to see even more submissions after reading through the comments. Nice!

Located outside Keren, Naboo /way 1984 1356
    ** Resource Sale Ongoing Now! **

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Blutfahne View Post
    Hahaha
    i got a good crackup with this one

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Centrepoint View Post
    All the entries are great, but I saw this and my jaw dropped. Dark or not, I love it! Well done Centrepoint.
    -Juz

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I'd really like to see the dual-loading-screen implemented using Centrepoint's different pieces. I think that's a great idea and would offer a balance to satisfy everyone. Not sure how easy/difficult that would be for the devs, but I believe it would be a wise investment of time to figure out.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by egroendyk View Post
    I'd really like to see the dual-loading-screen implemented using Centrepoint's different pieces. I think that's a great idea and would offer a balance to satisfy everyone. Not sure how easy/difficult that would be for the devs, but I believe it would be a wise investment of time to figure out.
    I disagree. I believe that such a feature should only be implemented if the devs/The Answer really want it implemented. Otherwise, I see no reason why they should spend time on something like that.

I also believe that the "dark" piece is balanced enough on its own, but that is just my opinion.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Excellent!

Play Stats
    74h last 30d
    @Centerpoint:
    My two cents:
    I don't think it is possible to achieve Balance on one single loading screen.
    When I try myself, I feel like I damage my original idea. Either I would make a loading screen on the desctruction of the Jedi, either one on their survival.

If TheAnswer finds a safe way to set a dual loading screen, this would be the cherry on the cake. :P
    Enmor Solusar \ Hatchi Rejan on Finalizer Former toons on bas: Enmor/ Hatchi Atlante/ Wenmor/ Endore/ Shaamus/ Metroid.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    I love Centrepoint's. It feels alittle Dark Side-ish but the game is supposed to be set in The Dark Times (Thank you Obi Wan Kenobi for that description).

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Great Stuff here guys!! Just making us want Publish 9 *sooner* Tm than ever!! Lol
    Drop off Vendor: Crimmy's Swoops right outside Bestine on Tat WP -1203 -2900

Play Stats
    Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by divlas View Post
    @Centerpoint:
    My two cents:
    I don't think it is possible to achieve Balance on one single loading screen.
    When I try myself, I feel like I damage my original idea. Either I would make a loading screen on the desctruction of the Jedi, either one on their survival.

If TheAnswer finds a safe way to set a dual loading screen, this would be the cherry on the cake. :P
    Agreed, agreed. If it's massively Publish-delaying, then, sure, forget the idea until it's much more viable. However, like you said, I feel it would appease both sides of the coin of players (even though I definitely advocate for the "darker" piece, myself, as said before).

Play Stats
    Inactive

Something I threw together

Fairly decent for only working on it for 30 minutes.

Play Stats
    Inactive
    But where is the story?
    Lolindir
    SWGEmu Admin

SWGEmu is a non-profit, open source community project.
    How to report bugs | Mantis (Bug Tracker) | Live Support
    Install SWGEmu | Fix SWGEmu | Submit a ticket

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information