+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 182

Thread: SWGEmu Publish 9 - "Secrets of the Force, Redux" loading screen competition

  1. #106
    Newbie greyjeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Centrepoint View Post
    Not to gloss over any other entries but this is really good. Gives off good imagery and overall feeling. The Empire's eventual fate and the feeling of being hunted. I am also a sucker for that scene in Empire :P
    Tsiraa Essost, Teras Kasi Master / Lynn'ro Naq, Novice Bounty Hunter / Eemna Chith, Novice Smuggler

  2. #107
    posting a small update on my alternate style version. Can a few people chime in on art direction? is this contest supposed to stay as screenshots & photobash?



    My canvas is a bit different than the loader, and ignore the writing as I just grabbed a screen of the current one.

  3. #108
    Newbie Centrepoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    27
    @Divlas Does this set the lighter tone you were hoping for?



    The last line should read "...and so they would be again". Or "...and rise again they would".

    I can edit that later. No biggy.
    Last edited by Centrepoint; 05-08-2017 at 10:39 PM.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

  4. #109
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Perception Purgatory
    Posts
    4,511
    Not my place to comment individually.

    I will say this though, generally: Community members definitely started taking this thread in a more productive direction (as i knew members would) .

    And, generally, most people (for better or worse) associate: light/white robe = Lightside , dark/brown robe = Darkside

  5. #110
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,203
    Quote Originally Posted by Centrepoint View Post
    Done and done.

    Love it.
    Enke (TEF)

    Sicaro Amesi (IGDTD) - Kettemoor
    Synth Soulgrim (DFA) - Starsider

  6. #111
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Around de the World: European times currently
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by Centrepoint View Post
    @Divlas Does this set the lighter tone you were hoping for?



    The last line should read "...and so they would be again". Or "...and rise again they would".

    I can edit that later. No biggy.
    This is it!
    This is the right direction!

    This has balance.

    @Nee
    Is there a way to implement a rotating loading screen? Sometimes we would see a version of the loading screen and then logout and see another version when we return?
    Well no need to crash the server, I just wonder...
    Ingame: Enmor\ Endore\ Hatchi\ Atlante
    FLOrian, Fanfar: Dantooine.

  7. #112
    Addicted
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,848
    Quote Originally Posted by divlas View Post
    Is there a way to implement a rotating loading screen? Sometimes we would see a version of the loading screen and then logout and see another version when we return?
    Well no need to crash the server, I just wonder...
    I'm not Nee, but not sure if it's possible. I THINK (not 100% sure) it's a part of the actual .ui page Cui elements, rather than an .inc (UI include script), which probably just styles the ui screen layout.

    I don't think that anyone at SWGEmu has created a proper UI editing tool, SOE's exists, but that's kind of 'taboo', so to speak.

    EDIT: Just had a look at it within Sytner's IFF Editor tool suite. You could add a new Data parameter maybe, to link to a new loadscreen within ui_loading2.inc , which should control that loadscreen, so I guess it is possible.
    Last edited by Valkyra; 05-09-2017 at 01:22 AM.

  8. #113
    Newbie greyjeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Centrepoint View Post
    @Divlas Does this set the lighter tone you were hoping for?



    The last line should read "...and so they would be again". Or "...and rise again they would".

    I can edit that later. No biggy.
    Of course as soon as I did my above post, I check this thread again and see this. It's really good!
    Tsiraa Essost, Teras Kasi Master / Lynn'ro Naq, Novice Bounty Hunter / Eemna Chith, Novice Smuggler

  9. #114
    Newbie Centrepoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    27
    @Nee2earth I completely agree with the robe colour/association thing. But unfortunately I'm limited by what I ad available to me on old HDDs and those of an old guildie from Sunrunner.

    As suggested by @Divlas (I think), if you can provide me with a similar styled shot at max resolution of a light robed force user, I will gladly see what I can do with the light version loading screen

    Edit: If the force user also happened to be on Tatooine...
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

  10. #115
    Addicted
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Perception Purgatory
    Posts
    4,511
    Quote Originally Posted by divlas View Post

    @Nee
    Is there a way to implement a rotating loading screen? .
    That's up to TheAnswer.

    Might also depend on how the 'contest' turns out too.

    ---
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyra View Post

    You could add a new Data parameter maybe, to link to a new loadscreen within ui_loading2.inc , which should control that loadscreen, so I guess it is possible.
    Would be cool if the LaunchPad incorporated some type of clicky checkbox option, so that a player's loadscreen would depend upon their chosen Factional alignment and/or Force alignment.

    Of course, there would need to be 4 separate loadscreens with 4 lore scripts , all similarly designed/themed.


    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by Centrepoint View Post
    . But unfortunately I'm limited by what I had available to me on old HDDs and those of an old guildie from Sunrunner.
    umm have you or your friend seen this sticky thread yet...

    https://www.swgemu.com/forums/showthread.php?t=119372

    ....??!!?!?!!?
    Last edited by nee2earth; 05-09-2017 at 09:37 AM.

  11. #116
    @Centrepoint: First line in the 3rd paragraph is missing the starting quotation mark before the "It's an energy field..." bit. I understand this is an insignificant issue, but it's the only thing missing in an otherwise perfect piece.

  12. #117
    Dedicated Hedge15's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    996
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobyus1 View Post
    @Centrepoint: First line in the 3rd paragraph is missing the starting quotation mark before the "It's an energy field..." bit. I understand this is an insignificant issue, but it's the only thing missing in an otherwise perfect piece.
    The third sentence in the fourth paragraph should read: ""He still retained his mastery of its ways..." (No apostrophe.)

  13. #118
    Newbie Centrepoint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    27
    @Nee Actually I hadn't! Currently at work with crappy MOD webfilters preventing me from investigating them further. I'll check them out when I get home.

    @everyone else: If anyone has any suggestions on pictures that may go well with the theme I tried to achieve with the lighter version I submitted last night, I'm open to them.
    Feel free to drop me a PM and I'll look into it. I'm not too concerned about the grammar at the moment, you all seemed to get the direction I was going for and I can re-attack that when I've had more than 4 hours sleep! I'm still not 100% happy with the light version, but I get the impression there's time to fix it - I just wanted to address @Divlas concerns about balance.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

  14. #119

    Disagreed

    Quote Originally Posted by divlas View Post
    This is it!
    This is the right direction!

    This has balance.

    @Nee
    Is there a way to implement a rotating loading screen? Sometimes we would see a version of the loading screen and then logout and see another version when we return?
    Well no need to crash the server, I just wonder...
    I like this version, but I feel, given the storyline's timing of when these events would be taking place, it gives much too much heed to the old order of Jedi being dominant figures. I feel that the "Balancing" of the Force at the time was around the Dark Side taking the seat of control.

    I most definitely like this second piece, but I was much more enamored and intrigued by the "darker" take on the load screen. The inclusion of Palpatine and all was fantastic in adding another leg of understanding to where we're currently at at this point in the canon/stories and capturing the dark essence of those times.

    I think either would be a great choice for the screen, but the first one has my actual vote. This one seems to have lost some artistic value in the pressuring of the Light to change the underlying theme; the Dark won for several decades because the Light had become exactly that: pushy and antithetical to its own rites and directions of control of the Galaxy.

  15. #120
    Dedicated Hedge15's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    996
    Quote Originally Posted by egroendyk View Post
    I like this version, but I feel, given the storyline's timing of when these events would be taking place, it gives much too much heed to the old order of Jedi being dominant figures. I feel that the "Balancing" of the Force at the time was around the Dark Side taking the seat of control.

    I most definitely like this second piece, but I was much more enamored and intrigued by the "darker" take on the load screen. The inclusion of Palpatine and all was fantastic in adding another leg of understanding to where we're currently at at this point in the canon/stories and capturing the dark essence of those times.

    I think either would be a great choice for the screen, but the first one has my actual vote. This one seems to have lost some artistic value in the pressuring of the Light to change the underlying theme; the Dark won for several decades because the Light had become exactly that: pushy and antithetical to its own rites and directions of control of the Galaxy.
    Th original is my favorite, too.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts